Shiba Inu (SHIB) Discussion Thread

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I encourage brehs to actually write out the math to their beliefs.

If you think SHIB is going to a Penny, without a burn, that’s a $4.4 TRILLION dollar market cap. If you think it can reach Doge’s peak market cap of ~$90B, that implies nearly a 98% coin burn rate needed for (supply * price) to be $90B. How are we getting a 98% burn rate?

Happy to be educated on burn plans, but 98%? How?

it’s already been talked about to death in here for months

to each their own…I think it’s going to take a tremendous effort to reach $0.0003 $0.0005 (which would roughly be the equivalent of DOGE hitting $1) in a realistic timeframe of 1-3 years…as it is now SHIB circulating supply is 3000x more than DOGE…they would have to burn a lot of tokens before folks start entertaining talks of a penny much less a dollar…there was a time when you could throw less than $500 at SHIB and make a 1000x come up…even way more if you adopted it earlier…I think it can still easily secure a 10x from where it’s at now, and 100x is realistically attainable as well if it dips some more

if folks can muster up to $1k and throw it at SHIB at this point they can realistically expect $10-100k…and there’s no rush either…it’ll go up with the coinbase listing, but with the overall market conditions, the run it will experience won’t be the real bull run to come imo…worst case scenario I’m wrong and that $1k nets you higher than I expect…but if someone is planning on throwing $50 in and expecting to be a millionaire, then they'd be better off gambling on another meme coin and hoping it has the run SHIB has had up to this point

RareHunter

All Star
Daps
I know what the play is for me…I can’t tell you what the play is for you…I have no idea how much you have invested, how long you’ve been investing, what your goal is, etc.

I’ve said what I’m doing and offered some disclosure but I’m not the guy to be telling ppl what to do with their hard-earned money

that being said I’m holding bcuz this run is early and happened way sooner than I expected and I’m still up…it wouldn’t be worth it to me to sell early at this point especially when the price is slowly rising again…my plan was to sell some a little over ATH and I’m sticking with that for now
Do you think crypto will survive a crash or even collapse? Do you recommend a home in the urban areas/city or in more secluded areas going forward?

Roid Jones

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I could’ve bought a small house in full with SHIB profits from this week alone but that wasn’t the plan especially when Q4 is just getting started…so I’m sure folks taking profit have seen some decent money…but I’ve also seen folks outsmart themselves pulling out early…that being said everything is relative to ppl’s personal plans/risk tolerance…absolutely nothing wrong with suggesting strategies especially when it comes to taking profits…the insisting is where it gets obnoxious

Exactly but this is the coli where everything is absolute nuance be damned :francis:

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Do you think crypto will survive a crash or even collapse? Do you recommend a home in the urban areas/city or in more secluded areas going forward?

dunno depends on what causes the crash…things looked BLEAK in 2018-2019 with the SEC on the industry’s neck and here we are now watching folks make 5-7 figures off dog coins

idk what the other question has to do with SHIB/crypto :confused:

RareHunter

All Star
Daps
dunno depends on what causes the crash…things looked BLEAK in 2018-2019 with the SEC on the industry’s neck and here we are now watching folks make 5-7 figures off dog coins

idk what the other question has to do with SHIB/crypto :confused:
Like if the economy went down would crypto tank you believe? The fact that ppl are making this kind of money seems perculiar. Isn’t that a sign that the money isn’t worth as much?

Cory MBA

Bigger Picture
Daps
I could've sold last night and been up 4k right now, but I don't want that kind of profit. 4k will do nothing for me, plus I'll get taxed on it. I believe in the project and my position so I'm gonna hold until the profits I WANT (110k-150k) is knocking at the door. And even then I wont sell all of it because I think this ship is really going somewhere. So all that take profits talk is good for those that want small profits (that gets taxed). I want BIG profits, profits that I'll gladly pay the taxes on. !00k-200k+. And with my position it will be wayyy before 1 cent.

So I HODL!!! :damn:
Same.

Never had this many millions of anything. I'm holding. Don't need $5k, lol

Cadillac

Veteran
Daps
I could've sold last night and been up 4k right now, but I don't want that kind of profit. 4k will do nothing for me, plus I'll get taxed on it. I believe in the project and my position so I'm gonna hold until the profits I WANT (110k-150k) is knocking at the door. And even then I wont sell all of it because I think this ship is really going somewhere. So all that take profits talk is good for those that want small profits (that gets taxed). I want BIG profits, profits that I'll gladly pay the taxes on. !00k-200k+. And with my position it will be wayyy before 1 cent.

So I HODL!!! :damn:
how much money did you put into this coin?

Tres Leches

Empire Business
Daps
Like if the economy went down would crypto tank you believe? The fact that ppl are making this kind of money seems perculiar. Isn’t that a sign that the money isn’t worth as much?

Yes it would tank just like the stock market would it happend in 2020 with the covid crash but if the economy recovers so would crypto

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Aight so brehs are just being hard-headed :lolbron:

idk if that’s fair to say…I thought folks were being unrealistic when they were hoping for listings on coinbase and robinhood as early as may yet here we are months later…

do I think SHIB will get to a penny? no and I stated my case but I don’t KNOW that…folks argued up and down that XRP would NEVER see a $1 in 2017 bcuz of the market cap/token supply…it went above $3…I have my beliefs and say what I have to say and keep it moving…as long as cats are respectful and not attacking me for sharing my opinion, why would I insist on bothering them about theirs?

Reality

Make your own luck.
Daps
Reppin
NULL
idk if that’s fair to say…I thought folks were being unrealistic when they were hoping for listings on coinbase and robinhood as early as may yet here we are months later…

do I think SHIB will get to a penny? no and I stated my case but I don’t KNOW that…folks argued up and down that XRP would NEVER see a $1 in 2017 bcuz of the market cap/token supply…it went above $3…I have my beliefs and say what I have to say and keep it moving…as long as cats are respectful and not attacking me for sharing my opinion, why would I insist on bothering them about theirs?
I mean it could, but I’m genuinely asking what the mechanism to get there (a Penny) would be. I know damn well Shib isn’t hitting a $4.4T market cap. So if XRP defied expectations on MC there must have been a story. Looks like it’s ATH was $130B. Which is a lot but not out of the realm of possibility clearly with crypto.

I’m always gonna keep it respectful, but I’d want people poking and prodding at my investment thesis too. Having answers to the questions just makes your hand that much stronger.

Krisrunner2049

Pretty boi CFO Squirrels Burgers KillaKwuads
Daps
Reppin
Downtown LA(cityboi)
Lemme just get to 6 figs. A nikka got a nightclub to start/take over
211526003_1254935921631155_5582734781515050188_n.jpg