SHE’S IN! TISHA CAMPBELL-MARTIN CONFIRMS ‘MARTIN’ REBOOT

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps
a "Curb your Enthusiasm" version of "Martin" would be dope.

off the cuff semi-scripted shyt...yeah....i'm down for that.

Martin is somewhat known for being a heavily improvised show. It's why on lots of episodes you can see its cast members trying hard to contain their laughter

cornercommission2k12

so this were u dudes went
Daps
Reppin
300 murders a year
I'm doubting this will be that good. I'm hoping to be surprised, but one of the main ingredients that helped make martin successful was the genuine chemistry between Tisha Campbell and Martin Lawrence, and how well they sold their love relationship and with so much baggage I'm doubting they can recapture that.

Also, another dynamic that made Martin successful, was the chemistry in back and forth with pam and Martin and it's doubtful they can recapture that, what was funny in the 90s, won't be so funny in the 2018 etc. So beady bead, and pam is a horse and Martin is short jokes won't come across so well imo.

Then you losing tommy who had a huge piece of what made Martin work.

And honestly in hindsight, Cole was never really that funny.

Then can Martin recapture the magic he had with all his characters or Will it be just repeating what was said in the 90s?

Will it have a laugh track? I think that would be horrible right now.

What I do think would work would be a comedy created similar to modern family or the office. No laugh track, no over the top antics, just great dialog and comedy that is more mature. But I'm doubting they will go that route.

Chrome2279

All Star
Daps
I’ve heard stories of Tisha being a major hoe.. heard she fukked tons of actors and actresses.. heard there was a sex tape too.....

Chick fell off long ago

etrofllenrod504

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Why just why.........somethings just not meant to be done over. It's going to fail because it will constantly keep getting compared to the og version. Now the og version has nostalgia behind it, absolutely no way this shyt gonna be able to hold up.

Jone2three45

Supporter
Daps
I'm the same way. I spent last week watching Martin reruns. Its one of those moment in time shows that worked then that won't work now.

“Black” culture today is totally different than what it was decades ago. You can connect the dots with the 70’s, 80’s, and ‘90’s...but today? Nah.

Mike the Executioner

What went on up there? Poppers and weird sex!
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, New York
I wasn't a huge fan of Full House growing up but I would say as far as TV show reboots, that Fuller House shyt is about as close as you can get to matching the tone of the OG show with a new plot lines, it's corny af but feels natural.

Not sure if Martin could recapture things in that manner but I would tune in just for nostalgic reasons.

Watching Fuller House made me realize that if a Full House-type show came out today, I would never watch it. I've seen every episode of Full House multiple times due to Nick at Nite doing reruns for years (I could tell you what season an episode is from in just thirty seconds), but a lot of what makes it entertaining is because it's just the standard cheesy sitcom where no one has any real problems. It was a product of its time, but that's part of what makes it appealing.

The only reason I gave Fuller House a shot is because it starred characters I already liked. Had I not watched the original show, I wouldn't have touched the reboot with a ten-foot pole.

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
Watching Fuller House made me realize that if a Full House-type show came out today, I would never watch it. I've seen every episode of Full House multiple times due to Nick at Nite doing reruns for years (I could tell you what season an episode is from in just thirty seconds), but a lot of what makes it entertaining is because it's just the standard cheesy sitcom where no one has any real problems. It was a product of its time, but that's part of what makes it appealing.

The only reason I gave Fuller House a shot is because it starred characters I already liked. Had I not watched the original show, I wouldn't have touched the reboot with a ten-foot pole.

My girl stay watching that shyt :laugh:

At first I was like :what:

Then I remembered how I used to watch it just because it was in the TGIF line up. And like you said, if this show was in a vacuum nobody would get it. But if the concept was to re-boot the series in the modern day and get as close as you can to the show's initial run, they've done that really well.

I don't know if Martin can pull that off but that tells me it's at least possible.

ReturnOfJudah

Veteran
Daps
They gonna reboot good times & Sanford and son next :bryan:
14629156998828.png
hqdefault.jpg