Shedeur Sanders vs Caleb Williams as NFL prospects

How close are Shedeur and Caleb as prospects?

• Total voters

Th3G3ntleman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So one thing, I'm not a college football guy but it seems like most draft experts say the top 2 QBs are locked. They usually point to the #3 guy as being up in the air. Who is the #2 guy after William's?

vino

Superstar
Daps
Caleb has shown he’s better with his feet. Shaduer holds the ball a tick too long but he’s shown he is very clutch and cool under pressure. Accuracy seems the same and arm strength seems the same.

Caleb has the edge, right now.

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
Caleb might be better at everything, physically.

Shedeur seems very smart though. I'm impressed by how he's learned their offense having a new OC, I'm sure Deion let the OC do his own thing rather than tell him what to run.

Ultimately, you have to go Caleb just bc of what he's done consistently against P5 talent.

But if Sanders continues to have a good year the entire season I have no issue saying he's right there

Born2BKing

Veteran
Daps
My main concern with Caleb is that he's been playing on rookie mode with Riley so far in college. Obviously a big part of that is him making it such, but the lack of adversity tends to hit players in his position like a brick once they reach the pros. It's why the Urb shytshow almost ruined Trevor, and it'll be even easier for something like that to wreck Caleb with his bad habits (sitting in clean pockets for 10 seconds with the happy feet).

I don't think Shedeur's better than him in any physical trait but the mental toughness and fortitude is probably on a different level. It's the type of journey thats gonna have him more ready from day one, and that's gonna blend well with his composure and comfort from the pocket.
Good post.

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
My main concern with Caleb is that he's been playing on rookie mode with Riley so far in college. Obviously a big part of that is him making it such, but the lack of adversity tends to hit players in his position like a brick once they reach the pros. It's why the Urb shytshow almost ruined Trevor, and it'll be even easier for something like that to wreck Caleb with his bad habits (sitting in clean pockets for 10 seconds with the happy feet).

I don't think Shedeur's better than him in any physical trait but the mental toughness and fortitude is probably on a different level. It's the type of journey thats gonna have him more ready from day one, and that's gonna blend well with his composure and comfort from the pocket.
This is part of the issue with OSU QBs, the WE talent is so elite and DVs in the big 10 are so mid that everything is easy to them

Everything I see from Caleb Williams is what I see from the typical Riley QB. Nothing that will translate

GR13

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Caleb has shown he’s better with his feet. Shaduer holds the ball a tick too long but he’s shown he is very clutch and cool under pressure. Accuracy seems the same and arm strength seems the same.

Caleb has the edge, right now.
🧢

C Will has Rodgers Mahomes type arm talent

Last edited:

number21

Strive for rulership not equality, black man.
Daps
Reppin
North Miami
Caleb is the better prospect. He is going on three years of high-level tape at the highest level of college football.

Shedeur can become number two over Penix and Maye if he can stay at this level of play(Heisman candidate level) and then take to another level in the big games for Colorado, mainly the next two without Hunter.

Those who are saying otherwise are totally caught up in the Prime hype Train. :yeshrug: