She looks like she belongs in ancient Egypt

Raptor

All Star
Daps
Reppin
World
Using widely known refuted articles aren't we? Someones getting desperate. I'm not going to go into detail on how this article is no longer taken seriously in academia.

But you should note this. R1b is not only found in Europe but also Africa!
Haplogroup_R1b_World.png
Yes you're right, it was a flawed study. I just find weird that even the discovery magazine editor upon discussing the controversy said ancient egypt had minmal SSA influence. It seems like everyone is in on the denying of ancient egypt was a negroid race. They're all against I think...where's my tinfoil hat
http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/gnxp/2011/08/the-king-tut-dna-story/#.VE1W-LVdbTq

Finally there’s the racial-nationalist subtext. There are two groups which have really strong opinions about the racial identities of ancient Egyptians: Nordicists and Afrocentrists. It won’t surprise you that the valence of their opinions are inverted. The Nordicists assume that ancient Egyptians were a white European population which was racially debased through admixture, and is blacker today than it was in the past. The Afrocentrists make the opposite claim, and often imply that modern Egyptians are primarily the descendants of Arabs, who assimilated the black Egyptians of yore. Both positions seem to be wrong-headed, and attempt to interject Egyptians into arguments which they have no interest. I suspect that the Sub-Saharan African admixture in modern Egyptians is higher than in the ancient population, because in non-Egyptian populations in the Middle East there’s a clear difference between Muslims and non-Muslims, with the latter having far less Sub-Saharan African admixture than the former. With the rise of the Islamic world and the trans-Saharan camel trade slaves became a much larger export commodity from Africa than they had been in antiquity. That being said, there are clearly Nubians in ancient Egypt, and I wouldn’t be surprised if the original Egyptian population had a minority Sub-Saharan African component which was evenly distributed and so not particularly discernible (the Egyptians considered themselves racially distinct from the Nubians to their south, the Libyans to their west, and the Levantines to their east).

These particular questions about ancient ancient Egyptians could be answered relatively quickly. Simply survey a large number of Egyptians of Coptic and Muslim affiliation across various regions, and compare them to other populations. I would predict that the Muslims have more Sub-Saharan and West Asian affinities than the Copts, and there would be a larger imprint of Greek influence in the Delta. Additionally, Egypt is dry and mummification can preserve organic tissue. There will probably be some analyses of ancient Egyptian populations directly from extracted DNA.

Last edited:

J-Nice

A genius is the one most like himself
Supporter
Daps
Agreed. The Egyptians were diverse in indignous African skin tones. When one poster pointed out some Egyptians could have been Lupito's skin color certain characters got salty. And even ignored the paintings I posted showing pitch black Egyptians(not the ones which obliviously represents resurrection).

Like I said since the Egyptians dervied from many African populations they would have been a mix in phenotypes from broad features like Nilo-Saharans/Niger-Congos to more narrorer features like those found in most Afro-Asiatic speakers found in Africa i.e Cushyte speakers.

Exactly, which is why I give people the side eye when they try to make AE out to be anything other than African regardless of their skin color. Whether they were light, brown, or dark brown, they were tropically adapted and indigenous to the continent. After all, Africans are the most diverse in the world. And that is independent of minimal admixture. Some people can't get over that fact.

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
Yes you're right, it was a flawed study. I just find weird that even the discovery magazine editor upon discussing the controversy said ancient egypt had minmal SSA influence. It seems like everyone is in on the denying of ancient egypt was a negroid race.

Only people outside academia and laymen like you! Still waiting for you to respond to my post on page three.:biggrin:

emoney

custom user title
Daps
Those religions do have ancestry in Northeast Africa though. I mean where did Afro-Asiatic come from?

But that's another topic.

see this the shyt I'm talking about... how can a religion have an ancestry?

I don't feel like getting into right now... But when I feel like tearing up the argument I'll remember to @ you so u can collect your "L"

J-Nice

Supporter
Daps
Time to put this thread to bed. No more nonsense of AE being multiracial aka non-African. :ufdup:

Couth

I gave her D she got mad
Daps
Informative thread. I never realized ancient Egyptians were black. Thought they were closer to arab.

I remember in high school we were talking egypt and i said it was in africa. And some white bytch was like "No its not, how was it in africa they built stuff"

Set her dumbass straight. Then she came at me with the "they were light skinned, more arab then african" And i didn't have a rebuttal. Should find her on facebook and roast her.

J-Nice

Supporter
Daps
Informative thread. I never realized ancient Egyptians were black. Thought they were closer to arab.

I remember in high school we were talking egypt and i said it was in africa. And some white bytch was like "No its not, how was it in africa they built stuff"

Set her dumbass straight. Then she came at me with the "they were light skinned, more arab then african" And i didn't have a rebuttal. Should find her on facebook and roast her.

You can't be serious
ELScdAe.png
kzqgKDS.png

Blackking

Banned
Supporter
Daps
I don't have any admixture. I'm Ghanaian (half Akan, half Ewe)...My Y-DNA and MTDNA is e1b1a, both my parents speak Twi, Ga, Ewe. I revere West African civilizations and empires but I respect Ancient Egypt for what they accomplished

I don't hate North Africans, Afro Arabs* and Muslims or anyone for that matter.... I just don't trust them..because they are not us

My main issues are with Afro-Americans who

1. Claim non-negros as are our people (White skinned Berbers, Dominicans, American Indians, etc.)

2. Claim that Abrahamic religions are Black or African or an extension of African spiritual
lol, oh...:ohhh:

So you're one of them:patrice:

My girl is one of them.. she's preg right now so :shaq: I guess this will be a confused lil kid :heh:

She sometimes used to be on the same bullshyt you're on... "that's not black, this isn't black , she's not black.. they aren't black............ I don't know about Islam... What's up with this, what's up wtih that.. " In my head I'm like bytch :camby:

And those religions have roots -- Don't be like CAC and cut those roots off from Africa. Especially in the areas like Sudan where they are some of the only people who practice ancient african spirtuality -- even if they do it along with Islam.

and my sons mom is Cuban and Dominican... speak spanish... But is darker than me. She claims black - She can't claim black in your opinion?
my other sons mom is Irish and Jamican.. she's light, but from Jamica they and my son speak Patwa n shyt... She can't claim black in your opinon?

Of yeah and.... :heh:

You "revere" West african civlizations...................

What about some of the greatest ones:wow: The Islamic ones :sas2:

Mansa_Musa.jpg

Blackking

Banned
Supporter
Daps
see this the shyt I'm talking about... how can a religion have an ancestry?

I don't feel like getting into right now... But when I feel like tearing up the argument I'll remember to @ you so u can collect your "L"
lol, nikka @ me as well. ... :heh: