She looks like she belongs in ancient Egypt

GetInTheTruck

Daps
Reppin
Queens
I don't see what you guys are going so hard about. I'm sure there were lots of Egyptians who looked like the woman in the OP, and I'm sure there were a few who looked like "lupita." I dont think you could say either look was the end all be all of their physical appearane.

@Poitier that stuff about their reddish brown complexion in pictures being tacked on mud is a reach though man. Just saying.

@KidStranglehold in that painting of the Egyptians warring with Nubians you said the Egyptians purposely "stereotyped" the Nubians by portraying them as black skinned (much darker than themselves). Why would they do that if they were just as dark? Why stereotype in that way at all? Are you saying dark skin was considered a negative trait even way back then? Because that's what it sounds like.

Also I see you guys quoting stuff by Zahi Hawass as proof for some of your arguments, but Zahi Hawass is the same guy who adamantly denies that AE was a black civilization. I think you guys need to be more consistent. You can't call this dude a history falsifying devil in one breath and then turn around and cite his words as evidence the next.

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
@KidStranglehold in that painting of the Egyptians warring with Nubians you said the Egyptians purposely "stereotyped" the Nubians by portraying them as black skinned (much darker than themselves). Why would they do that if they were just as dark? Why stereotype in that way at all? Are you saying dark skin was considered a negative trait even way back then? Because that's what it sounds like.
What are you talking about? It is known that the Ancient Egyptians stereotyped people who were their enemies whether it be Africans or non-Africans. It didn't matter if they were the same color or not. And I already showed in Kushytes OWN art they don't look much different from Egyptians. No one is saying dark skin was a negative trait back then, that's just your own thinking. Here's another examples:
RamsesII-smiting-loop-stela-Egypt.jpg

Notice how Ramses is depicted bigger that his enemies showing that he is superior.

Also I see you guys quoting stuff by Zahi Hawass as proof for some of your arguments, but Zahi Hawass is the same guy who adamantly denies that AE was a black civilization. I think you guys need to be more consistent. You can't call this dude a history falsifying devil in one breath and then turn around and cite his words as evidence the next.

I never called Zahi Hawass a devil. So your point is moot. Yeah Zahi Hawass is a Eurocentric and a big bigot(so much that actually Egyptologist called him out on it). But doesn't take away that some of his work, especially about showing the pyramids/temples were not built by slaves but paid labors is excellent, which is why I cited him. And I hope you know Zahi Hawass and his team were behind this:
rameses3dnaresults.jpg

And also the JAMA study that DNAtribes used to show that King Tut's family were overwhelmingly inner African. But it really doesn't matter because Zahi Hawass is an Egyptologist and not an anthropologist show he is not fit in knowing the origins or "race" of the Egyptians either way.

So again your point is moot.

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
http://s1.zetaboards.com/anthroscape/topic/4960555/1/

this is some forum but I can tell you for example, the sky in Somali is "khor-RAH" which means Neck of the sky god, RAH

This is from Cheikh Anta Diop's book and I can confirm the words being a speaker

Zetaboeards is not only owned by a racist Eurocentric who I know from Egyptsearch(I think Evil Euro), but its not a "peer-reviewed" source. I rather site from Diops book itself than a forum like that.

GetInTheTruck

Daps
Reppin
Queens
What are you talking about? It is known that the Ancient Egyptians stereotyped people who were their enemies whether it be Africans or non-Africans. It didn't matter if they were the same color or not. And I already showed in Kushytes OWN art they don't look much different from Egyptians. No one is saying dark skin was a negative trait back then, that's just your own thinking. Here's another examples:
RamsesII-smiting-loop-stela-Egypt.jpg

Notice how Ramses is depicted bigger that his enemies showing that he is superior.

I never called Zahi Hawass a devil. So your point is moot. Yeah Zahi Hawass is a Eurocentric and a big bigot(so much that actually Egyptologist called him out on it). But doesn't take away that some of his work, especially about showing the pyramids/temples were not built by slaves but paid labors is excellent, which is why I cited him. And I hope you know Zahi Hawass and his team were behind this:
rameses3dnaresults.jpg

And also the JAMA study that DNAtribes used to show that King Tut's family were overwhelmingly inner African. But it really doesn't matter because Zahi Hawass is an Egyptologist and not an anthropologist show he is not fit in knowing the origins or "race" of the Egyptians either way.

So again your point is moot.

But why would they stereotype them in THAT PARTICULAR way though? I could understand making enemies seem bigger/smaller or more gruesome looking or whatever, but why would they depict them as significantly darker then themselves just as a stereotype? If anything it should be the other way around if the typical complexion of the AE's was like that of lupita. It doesn't make sense, that's all I'm saying.

And as far as Zahi Hawas is concerned....naaaaa you don't get that one. If dude is a Eurocentric bigot then he absolutely is a devil and should be ignored whenever possible. You just come across and being picky/choosy between what you choose to believe and not believe, it comes across as dishonest. Kinda like how every AE sculpture that doesn't fit your aesthetic preferences is some type of "forgery." I really don't see what the issue is here, they all look black to me. Why is that not good enough?

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
But why would they stereotype them in THAT PARTICULAR way though? I could understand making enemies seem bigger/smaller or more gruesome looking or whatever, but why would they depict them as significantly darker then themselves just as a stereotype?
If anything it should be the other way around if the typical complexion of the AE's was like that of lupita. It doesn't make sense, that's all I'm saying.
Because to make them look "primitive" since they were the enemies.And again the Egyptians depicted themselves this pitch black.
attachment.php

attachment.php

It had hardly anything to do with skin color. And everyone seemed to miss when I said some of the Nubians were the same color as Ramses but they were painted to look "primitive". But more importantly note in the first picture of blond hair dye which is STILL a tradition used by Nilotics today!

And as far as Zahi Hawas is concerned....naaaaa you don't get that one. If dude is a Eurocentric bigot then he absolutely is a devil and should be ignored whenever possible. You just come across and being picky/choosy between what you choose to believe and not believe, it comes across as dishonest. Kinda like how every AE sculpture that doesn't fit your aesthetic preferences is some type of "forgery." I really don't see what the issue is here, they all look black to me. Why is that not good enough?
By your logic I shouldn't use any of the sources/material I post on this site since they are Western and Western culture denies the possibilities of the Ancient Egyptians being black. I'll just use material by the radical Afrocentrics who claim every civilization was black if it makes it better. :smile:

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
IMO Lupita looks more like a Nubian. She is Kenyan, Luo (Nilo Saharan)
:snoop:

AE was simply and mostly an Afro-Asiatic civilization with Nilo-Saharan affinities, anyone who says otherwise is simply misinformed.

Nilo-Saharans and Cush*tics are the same people by the way, Cush*tics are just Nilo-Saharans with more "Caucasian" affinities. Cush*tic languages originate in Southern Egypt/North Sudan where after a while, pastoralist Cush*tic groups spread to the Horn & Eastern Africa in general. They dominated the place which was formally inhabited by hunter gatherer groups and Omotics. Later on Semitic (From Southern Arabia) came to the Horn and some former Cush*tic speakers (mostly Highland Cush*tic similar to Agew languages) switched to Semitic with not much of a genetic admixture from South Arabians (It was mostly just a language shift). By the way, the Cush*tic continuum still exists to this day beginning from where the Languages originally spread (Northern Sudan/Southern Egypt). It starts with groups like Beja in the Red sea region of Sudan and Southern Egypt all the way to Eritrea (Beja, Saho, Afar, Bilen), Ethiopia (too long to list all), Somalia (Somalis) and Northern Kenya.

I suspect that there were probably a number of other Afro-Asiatic languages like Beja spoken in the Sudan which probably disappeared with the Arabiziation of the place.

@Premeditated this is what I'm talking about :laff::laff::laff::laff::laff::laff::laff::laff::laff:

MaLi

Pro
Daps
Yea, she looks just like the offspring of Moses and his Ethiopian wife:troll:

GetInTheTruck

Daps
Reppin
Queens
Because to make them look "primitive" since they were the enemies.And again the Egyptians depicted themselves this pitch black.
attachment.php

attachment.php

It had hardly anything to do with skin color. And everyone seemed to miss when I said some of the Nubians were the same color as Ramses but they were painted to look "primitive". But more importantly note in the first picture of blond hair dye which is STILL a tradition used by Nilotics today!

By your logic I shouldn't use any of the sources/material I post on this site since they are Western and Western culture denies the possibilities of the Ancient Egyptians being black. I'll just use material by the radical Afrocentrics who claim every civilization was black if it makes it better. :smile:

What about how they were depicted makes them look "primitive" in your opinion? I'm not saying you're wrong, I'm just saying that to me they don't look primitive, they just look different.

I believe that on average, the Egyptians and Nubians looked similar to each other, but not exactly alike. Do you disagree with that?

WeDemBoyz

All Star
Daps
Sound like @isthisreal got some of you in your feelings with this Nubian princess

Last edited: