She-Hulk show on Disney + Announced (Tatiana Maslany Cast)

3rdLetter

Pushin afros back to '76
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Qnz, NYC
I’m kind of surprised she can even get drunk in hulk form, i know wolverine and captain america cant get drunk due to their healing factor
Hulk said they can't get drunk in ep1. I guess that super fast metabolization stops once she goes back to normal and all the alcohol left in her system hits her at once.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Hulk said they can't get drunk in ep1. I guess that super fast metabolization stops once she goes back to normal and all the alcohol left in her system hits her at once.

Oh so at that point i have to wonder what the point of her even drinking in she-hulk form is

PharaohAtem

King Of Egypt.
Daps
Don't know about the ironman 3s but the ironman 1s :lupe:
nike_air_jordan_ironman_600x.jpg

nightwing2016

All Star
Daps
Come on now fam lol, the source material is cool but you have to kinda streamline of that stuff for film. This is akin to people up in arms about Ms Marvel not being an inhuman like it's not going to be a nightmare to explain the distinction to casuals.

We don't need Joe Fixit to reach a point where there's a merger. And as for Hulk in Ragnarok, I wouldn't call it a different personality all together.

Savage Hulk is a like a giant mindless baby. Him staying transformed on Sakarr for 2 years straight brought that same Hulk into what I would call more like a toddler phase. He could speak in short coherant sentences because he had been "out" long enough to learn and grown a bit mentally.

In fact, I'd say Banner doesn't reach that merger without Hulk gaining the capacity to understand shyt like, aye you can't be running around smashing shyt with reckless abandon, people will fear and hate you. The more self aware, toddler-esque Hulk understands enough to know that it's in his best interest to share the light with Banner as long as he doesn't have to sit in the background dormant.

But that cannot hold. Only other incarnation I really want to see on film is Maestro, which I think there is a perfectly logical lane for. He's going to have to bush this 'smart Hulk" transformation if he's going back to Sakarr at some point. And if/when he comes back to earth, he's going have to try and improve upon the merger without sacrificing so much raw power just to keep his wits about him.

The problem with Ms. Marvel is they made the source of her powers convaluted as hell and they could of easily used her to introduce the inhumans with the whole gate thing the aliens were going through.

Skaar is a different personality, while you can streamline stuff sure but the core of the character should remain the same. The hulk is the outgrowth of the trauma that Bruce experienced as a boy. The different personalities and hulks represent that trauma. Skaar is a representation of a new trauma one started by the betrayal of all the people he considered friends. He is created by the need to survive and all the hulks combine and work in conjunction with one another to create him including banner which is really the first time banner chooses to be a dormant personality and let the hulk rule Skaar as king. That would be like marvel removing the personalities of moon knight because we need to streamline stuff it is just bad writing.

your characterization of the hulk is, savage hulk is not a mindless baby. He is more or less a four year old developmentally in many aspects he has always spoken but marvel has never portrayed him properly. He regularly asks why the U.S. military won’t leave him alone as all the destruction he causes is when he is attacked first. That same logic can apply to any hero as captain America’s whole third movie is about hero collateral damage with cap basically saying hey it’s part of the job.

Marvel should of talked to universal and worked out a deal for a hulk movie years ago because I don’t know how you do world war hulk and not have the hulk attacking earth

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
The problem with Ms. Marvel is they made the source of her powers convaluted as hell and they could of easily used her to introduce the inhumans with the whole gate thing the aliens were going through.

Skaar is a different personality, while you can streamline stuff sure but the core of the character should remain the same. The hulk is the outgrowth of the trauma that Bruce experienced as a boy. The different personalities and hulks represent that trauma. Skaar is a representation of a new trauma one started by the betrayal of all the people he considered friends. He is created by the need to survive and all the hulks combine and work in conjunction with one another to create him including banner which is really the first time banner chooses to be a dormant personality and let the hulk rule Skaar as king. That would be like marvel removing the personalities of moon knight because we need to streamline stuff it is just bad writing.

your characterization of the hulk is, savage hulk is not a mindless baby. He is more or less a four year old developmentally in many aspects he has always spoken but marvel has never portrayed him properly. He regularly asks why the U.S. military won’t leave him alone as all the destruction he causes is when he is attacked first. That same logic can apply to any hero as captain America’s whole third movie is about hero collateral damage with cap basically saying hey it’s part of the job.

Marvel should of talked to universal and worked out a deal for a hulk movie years ago because I don’t know how you do world war hulk and not have the hulk attacking earth

I agree with some of these points but when I was walking through the baby/toddler phases I'm strictly talking about in the movies. Comics will always have more nuances and depth but they're still writing this stuff for my kids to still be able to grasp it for the most part, which has it's own drawbacks and advantages.

In the MCU, Hulk didn't initially have the self awareness to ask why the military was doing anything, he was just reactionary. I think if we had seen Ragnarok's Hulk on earth, his sensativity and 4-year old ability to reason and ask questions (like his assesment of he and Thor's friendship) could have been AMAZING to see.

Also agree that doing a world war Hulk off-world, while I get it, is not ideal. That storyline should have already taken place but again the Universal stuff.

CW_1991

Banned
Daps
Going to jump to this show probably tomorrow when I get home and see what's what. Been hearing good things about it. Bad things too but it's usually not intelligently critical. Just white male fragility bullshyt.

• Dap
Reactions: QBN
Daps
Goddamn this episode flew right on by but there were a lot of hints towards future projects in it. :gladbron:

“Man fights with metal claws in bar brawl”

marvels-wolverine-wolverine.gif

marvel-wolverine-wolverine-play-station5.gif

X-Men references slowly but surely coming in with Thunderbolts around the corner.:blessed:

Bruce outchea jettin’ in space, that World War Hulk announcement could be coming real soon.

:dead: at them finally acknowledging the giant ass Celestial hand from Eternals.

Nikka which episode did them spoilers come from? I watched both episodes and I aint see that. :dahell:

BuddahMAC

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nikka which episode did them spoilers come from? I watched both episodes and I aint see that. :dahell:
Some were article links on a sidebar while she was job searching.

One thing I like about this show is it's seeming to have more of a TV format.

Most D+ MCU shows so far (What If? the obvious exception b/c of it's anthology format) have had this odd structure of being longer movies in segments rather than having more TV based full episodic arcs. Some of that might be that they were considering releasing them in all-at-once binge format as streaming was finding itself during the pandemic, but this series seems to be the first to really have completely stand-alone episodes within a larger story arc.

Although I've enjoyed most of the Marvel D+ series so far, I do feel they've played better binged rather than how they've been released and this one having a more traditional TV format might fit this weekly release schedule better.

Other pluses are Bruce & Jen feel like family instantly (great dynamic), Perfect Strangers Larry (who killed it in Succession too) is a perfect Dad character, they've established her as a known & valuable entity serving a prominent role in the MCU in 2 episodes (which is very hard to do), & Maslany is great.

I'll see how it continues but enjoying it so far & they got me for the run...

Also, the showrunner, Jessica Gao, had an amazing podcast with Dan Harmon following her stint on Rick & Morty that spun off the fact her character for Dr. Wong in the Pickle Rick episode ultimately went to Susan Sarandon b/c she was available and they had the role open which was supposed to be Asian (hence the name). So the podcast was called "Whiting Wongs" off that, and it's a deep dive into Hollywood representation: The lack of it, the attempts to provide it, when trying to do so strays into tokenism, when star power usurps it, etc... It's a great listen that gets into the depths of race in media in an honest discussion instead of the take-ism of think pieces. Highly recommend it.

Ripp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Queens
Is this show good? And are they running with using 2 actors like the OG hulk or just CGI'n a bytch? I haven't done much research on this show

LordDeathwatch

Valar Morghulis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore, MD / Charlotte, NC
I’m kind of surprised she can even get drunk in hulk form, i know wolverine and captain america cant get drunk due to their healing factor
Wolverine can get drunk, it just depends on the writer. Off the top of my head, in Bendis' Secret War, Logan was fukking wasted on a flight. Fool almost revealed people's secret identities level drunk, so yeah, it's possible.

They never showed how much or what proof he was drinking, so God only knows how much he had to take to get there. :mjlol: