She-Hulk show on Disney + Announced (Tatiana Maslany Cast)

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan
First ep was pretty good.

I still want to shoot Disney in the face for that one episode a week bullshyt. Like I said this is 2022 we receive information instantly now. You could get away with that style in the 80s, 90s, and early 2000s, but now doing it that way is a chore. shyt is lame as fukk.
The weekly format makes more money than binge format.

nairdas

I've Destroyed Whole Planets
Daps
Reppin
NULL
When you drop all eps at once, people will join a streaming service, watch the show and cancel the service, sometimes during the free trial period. With weekly, the streaming service gets to bill the streamer for at least 2 months.
Yeah after I thought about I figured that was the case.

I still don't like that shyt.

Daps
The producer has already come out and said it’s lighthearted version of Daredevil here due to the tone of the show.

So yes we do know how it’s going to play out :mjlol:

And we’ve already seen an example of this with what happened to the Kingpin character in the Hawkeye show.

Who went from this

To damn this

:scust:

Dude that was sickening to watch those 2 scenes back to back.

And you really had dumbass coli brehs in the Hawkeye thread arguing that they didn't see the difference.

Wow.

BigBlackSea

All Star
Daps
jay-z.gif

If they keep with the Supergirl Season 2/3 super feminist speeches:francis:
Good writers don’t have to shoehorn that shyt in to make great strong female character narratives
I expect Jameela Jamil character to take that to the 10th power
She’s annoying as fukk irl:francis:
Hope I’m wrong and will admit it at the end of the season:hubie:
The feminist shyt over the last ten years has been so heavy-handed. Not even on some incel shyt:hubie:. I fukked with Ms.Marvel heavy due to the struggle between the two cultures.

Plenty of iconic female characters were strong. Ellen Ripley and Sarah Connor being ubiquitous examples of strong feminity. You knew they were badasses when they got thrust from a normal life into fighting for survival as well as protecting a child against an unrelenting monster. Hell even Cersei Lannister can be added to the list of strong female characters that didn't go heavy-handed.

The latest Predator movie had that "I gotta prove myself" shyt, which is hella corny. It just feels hella unnatural to me. Part of the reason why Aliens and Terminator is that the protagnist weren't on this mission to beat the enemy. Ripley was just trying to get home to her daughter after a salvaging in the first/trying to readjust after the Nostromo incident but had to rise to the occasion to beat the Xenomorph and the Weyland-Yutani plans to grab the specimens. Sarah Connor was just a 20-something year old waitress who suddenly has a cyborg shooting at her and some dude from the future telling her the human resistance 40 years from now rest on her shoulders. It's an great feeling when you have these unsuspecting characters have to buck up and face their fears. Cersei's the same way. As conniving as she was, she was still a mother who cared for her children. And when the day came to avenge them, she claimed the Throne and fukked shyt up with the Church people, Dorne, and other Westeros rivals.

I would not have minded the latest Predator movie to be centered on the chick getting revenge on the Predator. Imagine if her bro got killed at the beginning of the movie, and she sets out to find the Pred. Maybe the other warriors in the village got merked/got shook after running into the Pred, so they don't want to go back and fight it, thus leaving the chick to have to run solo.

She's not skilled and she knows it, but she knows she's bound by principle to atleast try to find the Pred and avenge bro. Her whole journey could be her building up her arsenal, and honing her skills in a mirror of the Pred, where she deals with snake bites to demonstrate her medicine skills, trapping rabbits for food to show that she's got some skills from her bro for hunting small game atleast, and facing off with wolves/cougars/bears/ European settlers to show that she is leveling up and make it so that she's getting tactics from each fight. Have flashbacks of her and bro where he's showing her the ropes to add context to their relationship and why she's gotta kill the Predator. Payoff all the work she did by having those skills be reintroduced at the final battle.

MischievousMonkey

Gor bu dëgër
Daps
I didn't like this pilot episode. It wasn't horrible overall but the writing felt contrived and childish when it comes to the plot, the theme of a woman-Hulk and the jokes.

The aliens randomly causing a car crash and somehow blood swapping from Bruce to her... The Banners having special genes allowing them to absorb gamma rays... The random fighting scene because... Because.
I guess the part about her having total control over her transformation could be properly retroactively explained later. Still, her explanation about how being used to the challenges of the modern woman is enough to control a Hulk-level anger (with the dramatic music cueing in) felt corny asf to me and she still very much comes off as a Mary Sue.
The comedy of two Hulks doing stuff like training, getting drunk and burping missed me.

I don't have a problem with the CGI though. To me, it looks the same as it always been with Hulk in other Marvel movies. I don't expect much in that regard.

This one not for me.

Edit: oh, and I like the actress they chose as a main character. She works well. Mark Ruffalo's acting is still :huhldup: to me

Last edited:

Spidey Man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The Captain America joke was the first marvel joke to make me laugh.

I liked how they explained why Jen had control over the hulk form. I liked how they implied Bruce couldn't control it because he has mental issues and that was his problem. Jen doesn't have all the mental baggage, so she's able to control it. I also like how they used that to show how she's not as strong as Bruce.