Shartfield: Episode IV - A New Cope

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Check the actual starfield thread and see plenty of people enjoying themselves and binging the game. It doesn’t reinvent the wheel but does build on all the Bethesda-style WRPG mechanics and is super fun. I got 150+ hours logged already so take it for what you will :hubie:

OP been making multiple starfield hate threads while talking about revisiting No Man’s Sky and Fallout 4, like that ain’t the “we got starfield at home” package :pachaha:

Also hilarious that folks cried racism over Forspoken reviews but they not keeping that same energy for a game that features more black and brown people in it than any other RPG released in the past few years, if not decade :mjpls:. Cyberpunk and AC:Origins are the only games that are even remotely close in that regard

Horizon has a lot of black characters, half the main cast is black

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
Fallout 76 sitting at 52 on Metacritic, but it didn't come to Steam until 2020, when it was in better shape. still only has 65,000 reviews since then, while Starfield already has 61,000

did you know Sea of Thieves has an 89% on Steam after 266,554 reviews

Fillerguy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey
It’s really that bad?
Not even close.

There's alot of review bombing going on with this game. The more "honest" reviewers are telling ppl to speed run this game, to get to NG+ which leads to a terrible game experience. Others are comparing Starfield to games it has little in common with like No Man's Sky. Or comparing it games than have had several updates over the course of several years.

They've started to jump the shark now. 76 was a broken, incomplete game on release. It didn't even have npcs or a story, just voicemails randomly left through a Fallout sandbox. That and several other shady merchandise deals Bethesda pulled eventually lead to a class action lawsuit.

To say Starfield is worse than 76 is flatout trolling. I can understand not like rogue like, sandbox RPGs. Very few games can be worse than 76, even if they tried. Any other studio would have went bankrupt if they released 76....Bethesda didn't because they literally dropped an updated, but empty, online Fallout 4 and made fans pay for it. I bet their only real cost was server space.

I'm waiting for the Superman 64 comparisons now.

BBG

Superstar
Daps
Check the actual starfield thread and see plenty of people enjoying themselves and binging the game. It doesn’t reinvent the wheel but does build on all the Bethesda-style WRPG mechanics and is super fun. I got 150+ hours logged already so take it for what you will :hubie:

OP been making multiple starfield hate threads while talking about revisiting No Man’s Sky and Fallout 4, like that ain’t the “we got starfield at home” package :pachaha:

Also hilarious that folks cried racism over Forspoken reviews but they not keeping that same energy for a game that features more black and brown people in it than any other RPG released in the past few years, if not decade :mjpls:. Cyberpunk and AC:Origins are the only games that are even remotely close in that regard
You gotta admit, not being able to swim underwater in an exploration game is pretty insane. I like the game, im like 70 hours in now, but it's definitely disappointing. And no, not just because of the swim mechanics. I've already posted videos straight from my Xbox dvr as of (NOT from any social media account since the ungrateful swear I was just trying to promote my content)
Not even close.

There's alot of review bombing going on with this game. The more "honest" reviewers are telling ppl to speed run this game, to get to NG+ which leads to a terrible game experience. Others are comparing Starfield to games it has little in common with like No Man's Sky. Or comparing it games than have had several updates over the course of several years.

They've started to jump the shark now. 76 was a broken, incomplete game on release. It didn't even have npcs or a story, just voicemails randomly left through a Fallout sandbox. That and several other shady merchandise deals Bethesda pulled eventually lead to a class action lawsuit.

To say Starfield is worse than 76 is flatout trolling. I can understand not like rogue like, sandbox RPGs. Very few games can be worse than 76, even if they tried. Any other studio would have went bankrupt if they released 76....Bethesda didn't because they literally dropped an updated, but empty, online Fallout 4 and made fans pay for it. I bet their only real cost was server space.

I'm waiting for the Superman 64 comparisons now.
Fallout 76 comparisons is also insane, but I haven't seen that before. What I have seen is Fallout 4 comparisons which is much, much more accurate. I'm on record saying Fallout 4 was disappointing ( and is also the last game I pre-ordered and bought full price) and while this is definitely more enjoyable than that, it's still missing the mark from what I expect from Bethesda, glitches be damned.

P.S. shout to the reasonable Xbox fans who are willing to engage in sensible discourse. Whenever I take shots at the extremists just know I never group y'all with the mentally ill. Salute

Animal House

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:ehh:

I was wondering because from what I seen it looks like a typical Bethesda game which is pretty ok. I’ve never played it but I really don’t like the NASA look they were going for that’s just my personal taste. BUT if it’s like Fallout 4 then I can see the gripes people would have I felt like that game was a step back from new vegas minus the gunplay

The game had a lot of hype so it was never going to be everything for everyone

Animal House

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
People hyped it up + cooked reviews. It is an average game but at this point it is criminal that Bethesda puts out another game like this. All they had to do is flesh out features, add the functionality that previous games' mods had created, and optimize performance. But they know people will still mod features/content and fix glitches/bugs for free.
And this is my personal gripe with them. Why didn’t they advance the formula by now smh

And I was going to cop a Xbox just for this game looks like I dodged a nuke. I’ll keep waiting until they got a few more games I like

Insensitive

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
idk, I'm not really tuned into gaming culture like that anymore.
I find arguing about plastic boxes to be pretty corny tbh.
I got the game because I'm subscribed to gamepass.

I had no fukking clue that there was controversy.
What's so bad about this game again? I feel like I missed something.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
And this is my personal gripe with them. Why didn’t they advance the formula by now smh

And I was going to cop a Xbox just for this game looks like I dodged a nuke. I’ll keep waiting until they got a few more games I like
This is just confirmation bias from people who never had any intention on judging the game fairly.

These same dudes in here saying how this is just “more bethesda” are in that spider-man thread saying how more of the same is great for that game.

Like i said in there “more of the same” i usually an argument made by people who ain’t like the first one too much.

If you liked Spider-man you want more spiderman.

If you liked Bethesda you want more bethesda.

Starfield is about as advanced or evolved as the next game in the Bethesda formula should be.

Still ain’t gone convert you into a fan if you already know you don’t like the style of game.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
idk, I'm not really tuned into gaming culture like that anymore.
I find arguing about plastic boxes to be pretty corny tbh.
I got the game because I'm subscribed to gamepass.

I had no fukking clue that there was controversy.
What's so bad about this game again? I feel like I missed something.
Nothing bad about it at all.

Nothing really “controversial” either.

Just fanboy attacks based on what system it’s on.

Insensitive

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nothing bad about it at all.

Nothing really “controversial” either.

Just fanboy attacks based on what system it’s on.
I've been spent about 10 hours on it so far.
It's been really fun to play, I'm kinda shocked so many people are trashing it.
I feel like no one remembers that Fallout 76 or Cyberpunk 2077 launch like at all because
so far this game has been fun and polished, like really, really polished.

Animal House

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This is just confirmation bias from people who never had any intention on judging the game fairly.

These same dudes in here saying how this is just “more bethesda” are in that spider-man thread saying how more of the same is great for that game.

Like i said in there “more of the same” i usually an argument made by people who ain’t like the first one too much.

If you liked Spider-man you want more spiderman.

If you liked Bethesda you want more bethesda.

Starfield is about as advanced or evolved as the next game in the Bethesda formula should be.

Still ain’t gone convert you into a fan if you already know you don’t like the style of game.
How’s it bias if I’m not particularly interested in just the same old Bethesda formula. I was under the impression that they would make leaps and bounds but they didn’t do that. Even by other gamers admission who played the game it’s nothing revolutionary. A good game but needs more time to be fixed. You can write a whole wall of text if you want, if the game is mid to a user then respect it. Everything isn’t for everybody

Plus my rep speaks for itself if I see a game I like I’m copping even games with bad reviews I might still cop if I I see something I like in it, my comments or perspective have NOTHING to do with y’all console wars. Troll the next nikka smh