Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hometown of Cherokee at Law
1a-Shaq-Statue_AP.jpg

Yeah, Lakers fans don't celebrate Shaq at all. :camby:
Laker FANS didn't put up that statue
Pathetic. Bron stans. Dont understand the value of work ethic and rather have shortcuts and handouts
He made a post criticizing Shaq and bigging up Kobe and you still gotta bring up the "Bron stan" shyt :dead:

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
What do you mean? Kobe was on the Lakers before Shaq joined the team.
Actually this is true. Technically.

Though it makes absolutely no difference as far as the impact Shaq had in changing the landscape of the western conference, the doors it opened for Lakers players to operate on the floor, getting Phil Jackson, and Kobe’s overall development.

On 3 teams with 3 supremely talented athletes (Hardaway, Bryant, and Wade), it was Shaq’s dominance that allowed them to flourish. And without Shaq, each of them went on to rather modest personal achievements while wearing themselves out trying to fill Shaq’s void. Hardaway never did become as successful without him. And both Bryant and Wade would have followed suit had they not been given Gasol, James and Bosh.

The Big Diesel’s impact cannot be overstated.
That people merely “like” Kobe or the aesthetics of his game will never change that.

I.AM.PIFF

You're minor, we're major
Supporter
Daps
And without Shaq, each of them went on to rather modest personal achievements while wearing themselves out trying to fill Shaq’s void.

Kobe won more without Shaq than vice-versa.

And before you play the "Gasol" card (who was winless in the offs before Kobe), Shaq also had the likes of Penny, Wade, Nash, Amare and then James, KG/PP/Ray late in his career.

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Kobe won more without Shaq than vice-versa.

And before you play the "Gasol" card (who was winless in the offs before Kobe), Shaq also had the likes of Penny, Wade, Nash, Amare and then James, KG/PP/Ray late in his career.
He won 3 with Shaq and 2 without him. And he needed another Big to create space for him to do it with Gasol.

I don’t even understand why so many stans in here can’t comprehend the impact that having a low post player who is double teamed at all times has on a young developing wing player.

Every last one of you overlooks this.
You all act like Kobe won those first 3 chips in spite of Shaq, instead of almost exclusively because of him. As if Phil would have gone to LA to coach Kobe Bryant playing with Elden Campbell.

I.AM.PIFF

You're minor, we're major
Supporter
Daps
He won 3 with Shaq and 2 without him. And he needed another Big to create space for him to do it with Gasol.

I don’t even understand why so many stans in here can’t comprehend the impact that having a low post player who is double teamed at all times has on a young developing wing player.

Every last one of you overlooks this.
You all act like Kobe won those first 3 chips in spite of Shaq, instead of almost exclusively because of him. As if Phil would have gone to LA to coach Kobe Bryant playing with Elden Campbell.

Shaq won 1 without Kobe (and he was carried to that ring let's be real) despite playing with loaded rosters/stars as well.

Obviously, Shaq was more important to those teams since he was in the middle of his prime while Kobe was still only 23 by the end of their three-peat. But you're undervaluing how much playing with Kobe helped Shaq.

Before Phil came and Kobe turned into a superstar, Shaq was considered a dominant individual player but ultimately a "loser". And it's not like he played with bums as well: Hardaway would've been an ATG if not for injuries, Horace Grant/Eddie Jones/Nick Van Exel all made ASGs, Nick Anderson (other than his FT choke) was a damn good player and Dennis Scott was coming off the greatest 3PT shooting season (at the time) back when Orlando made the finals :manny: