Shaq to Kobe: "Because I had you, I was able to chill out every summer"

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
He demanded a trade because he felt that the front office was sitting on its hands while he was working his ass off. He didn’t want to end up like KG just selling jerseys and not competing.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but wasn’t that little episode followed by 3 finals appearances and 2 victories? Again, your contempt and devaluation of Kobe’s NBA career doesn’t make you all that fit to talk about what Shaq meant to the Lakers in comparison to Kobe.
Without Shaq there likely isn't a Kobe on the Lakers.
Without Shaq there likely isn't a Phil in LA, either. I don't really understand why you choose to overlook this as if Kobe coached himself and played every position on the court in 2009

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Phil left and came back for his bytch. :comeon: you giving Shaq credit for Kobe in a thread about Shaq being able to chill because he had Kobe?:beli:
I'm giving Shaq credit for signing with LA in the first place that made it possible for them to land a coach of Phil's caliber which in turn made it a fantastic situation for Kobe to develop in as Shaq carried the load in those formative years.
This is not complicated to understand.

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
Without Shaq there likely isn't a Kobe on the Lakers.
Without Shaq there likely isn't a Phil in LA, either. I don't really understand why you choose to overlook this as if Kobe coached himself and played every position on the court in 2009

All of that is nice stuff and he gets his due for that. But the fact remains that the Laker era he ushered in is defined by Kobe because he chose for it to be that way. He didn’t have to be a dikk towards Kobe his rookie year but he was, he didn’t have to be unprofessional and lazy but he was, Shaq had a lot to do with fukkin up his legacy with the Lakers. Doesn’t take away from the positives, but no one that was a fan of the Lakers back then gon forget the bullshyt.

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
All of that is nice stuff and he gets his due for that. But the fact remains that the Laker era he ushered in is defined by Kobe because he chose for it to be that way. He didn’t have to be a dikk towards Kobe his rookie year but he was, he didn’t have to be unprofessional and lazy but he was, Shaq had a lot to do with fukkin up his legacy with the Lakers. Doesn’t take away from the positives, but no one that was a fan of the Lakers back then gon forget the bullshyt.
You're right. I forgot about that time Shaq ratted a teammate for his personal transgressions.

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
You're right. I forgot about that time Shaq ratted a teammate for his personal transgressions.

Maybe if Shaq wasn’t such a self absorbed piece of shyt he could’ve took a young and dumb Kobe under his wing and teach him some things about interrogations since he’s a cop.

Dwight Howard

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Not really. Shaq would show up to camp out of shape after Kobe spent all summer and fall in the gym and then play his way into shape. Then the playoffs roll around and he seemingly effortlessly crushes basically everything in his path. It worked for him but it sets a bad precedent and as a competitor it has to get under your skin if your teammate dominates like that without taking great care of himself while you’re working around the clock. I’d have been mad if I were Kobe too.
Pathetic. Bron stans. Dont understand the value of work ethic and rather have shortcuts and handouts

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
Doesn’t this thread clue you in on why?

Laker fans knew who cared more between the two of them. Shaq gets his props like others said, but Kobe stayed and won more than Shaq after the fact. I think you’re overrating Shaq on that Laker hierarchy actually shows how little you and people of your ilk value Kobe as a player.
Right

Like why doesn't he understand that:heh:

Shaq is the reason I became a Laker fan but Kobe was here through the good and bad. And Kobe Brought 5 and was apart of some of the greatest Lakers highlights of the past 2 decades.

Shaq was here for awhile but how he left and the way he acted in the end left a sour taste in a lot of people's mouths.

Still one of the greatest ever but he could've easily been the GOAT if he had even half of Kobes work ethic and desire to win.

Kobe is going to always be above Shaq for most Laker fans