Shaq calls Rudy Gobert the worst NBA player ever. Rudy responds

concise

Veteran
Daps
Rudy and Ben obviously not the worst players ever but I get why oldheads got animosity. Imagine bein a player like Shaq even a Alonzo Mourning or shyt even Brad Daughtery and you seein players you was WAY better and more talented then, you put in real work on ya game while they skillsets at least on offense the same as they rookie seasons aint improve shyt and they get these $200 mill contracts. You can say its corny or wrong and I get it but I understand em too :manny: we get inflation an all that but Daughtery made $20 mill for his career while bein a 5x all star, 2x All NBA in a golden age of position had top 10 MVP finishes and you at home seein this fraud Baguette Biyombo cant attack a mismatch or beat 6'2 guards who switched on em on $200 mill contract I'd be sick :scust:

Shaq always been one of the most insecure people ever though so not surprisin and he know alot of older era players so he probably voicin they shyt too on a bigger platform

And in another 20 or 30 years, some dude worse than Rudy will wind up making more by an even more ridiculous margin.

That's just the way the system is designed.

GunRanger

Veteran
Daps

THIS IS A FLAGRANT LIE.

THE MASSES WERE CALLING
FOR HIM TO BE BENCHED DURING
THE LAST 2 SERIES
:devil:
:evil:

This is a flagrant lie. They dont beat the nuggets without him.

And all the on off numbers showed they were better with him out there even if Luka ate himn n switches. They lost that series on offense

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
This is a flagrant lie. They dont beat the nuggets without him.

And all the on off numbers showed they were better with him out there even if Luka ate himn n switches. They lost that series on offense

HES AN OFFENSIVE LIABILITY GENIUS

Doctor Doom

Rest in peace, Akira Toriyama
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Latveria
In what way though? He seems to be a mild mannered guy, I don't get the unlikeable part

The whole COVID shyt soured him back on the Jazz, pretty sure thats when Mitchell stopped fukking with him

Snowballed from there

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
I’m not saying get rid of the cap

I’m saying the max is bad

Rudy gobert making 10 mil less than Steph should never happen
there's no solution to your problem as long as certain teams are always told they'll never get or keep players because of where they are unless they overpay, so even if Curry got $100 mil a year, someone half as good may get just as much since apparently the only way the Utah's of the world can keep guys is by doing something like that.

NBA salaries for some markets are like you telling an ugly disabled dude the only way he'll ever bag a bad bytch is by buying a hooker, that guy buying and smashing Teanna Trump and then you having the gall to be disappointed in him after he follows your advice.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Y’all are soft. Shaq is criticizing these guys no different than the way he used to get criticized before he started winning. These are max level players. They need to use the criticisms as motivation to get better like the real superstars do.
Ehhh that’s debatable with Shaq to a certain extent when it came to his conditioning even when he would obviously get criticized about it.

For all that Shaq accomplished in his career, he could have accomplished more had he took serious serious, so I wouldn’t use that motivation argument against someone else.

Harry B

Superstar
Daps

HE DIDN'T LIE ABOUT THESE DUDES
NOT PLAYING UP TO THEIR CONTRACTS.

THE MAX SYSTEM IS fukkED UP.

TOO MANY GUYS MAKE THE SAME MONEY
AS THE BEST PLAYERS IN THE LEAGUE
WITHOUT EVER PROVING IT ON THE COURT
SIMPLY BECAUSE EVERY TEAM HAS MAX SLOTS

The nba doesn’t have a capitalist system, so by their system he is a 250 player.

So what he and People are saying is that they wish that it was ultra capitalist like soccer. Might as well pay rookies nothing at all, just give them an unpaid internship contract. Cause that’s the ultra capitalist way

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Rudy is basically a time-displaced Dikembe Mutombo. A niche player that excels in some categories while extremely flawed in others.

If the market in today’s league allows him to get paid 200m, and teams are willing to give him that… it is what it is.

Having an issue with the system itself is one thing (tho from Ayton to Whiteside to Tim Thomas, you’ll always have those who only show up in contract years) but to bash the niche players who actually do work hard and show up every day, that is a bit corny.

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Y’all are soft. Shaq is criticizing these guys no different than the way he used to get criticized before he started winning. These are max level players. They need to use the criticisms as motivation to get better like the real superstars do.
I don't think this is the same thing.

I think criticizing a lack of effort or winning comes with being a pro athlete. If Rudy Gobert allows defenders to exploit him or if he fails to play well in the postseason, that's fair game for Shaq or anyone else to talk about as an analyst.

I don't think calling a guy the worst player of all time is the same thing.