Shaq 2000 was the best center of all time. If you dont believe watch these.

Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Drink wolf cola
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Easily my favorite basketball player EVER. Bar none and the most dominant physical force I think sports has seen since wilt. Also how the hell has nobody dropped this off yet? So much :ohhh::wow::gladbron::dwillhuh::scust::merchant::whoo::huhldup::myman::krs::ooh::damn:

FTBS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
fast forward to 18:00

It was more of Gregg Popovich outcoaching Kurt Rambis than anything

Note that I am not arguing the factors that contributed to the outcome rather I am arguing that the GOAT would not allow it to happen regardless of those factors especially when he's got young Kobe and G. Rice by his side. Or in others words, that is still no excuse. If Shaq was rolling with Avery Johnson and Elie and Elliot and D. Rob's corpse and Duncan had young Kobe and Rice then it would be one thing. I don't care how good a coach you are if the other team has the GOAT and superior overall talent you ain't sweepin them like that.

Don't know if its been brought up as I haven't read through the whole thread, but anyone talking about Shaq being overrated because of a lack of competition needs to look at what he did to Dikembe in the finals.

Mutumbo was the DPOY that season and Shaq averaged like 34 on 57%, 15 boards, 5 assists and 3.5 blocks in the finals.

Prime Shaq was other worldly and would beast against anyone. I have no doubt about that. Most dominant player in his prime that I've ever seen.

Like I said NOBODY could stop that guy, period. I've only been saying that he couldn't stop anybody else either. Deke, not exactly an offensive force mind you, put up 17 and 12 on 11 shots a game. Any of the all time great bigs would've put up numbers comparable or better than Shaq's against him (like Duncan did). It just so happens there weren't any around at the time.

OC's finest

All Star
Daps
If my memory serves me right didn't shaq average like 40 and 20 in a playoff series?

Billy Ocean

Divine Universal Black Man Representin'
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
My favorite player ever. Great thread. Shaq in his prime was the most dominant player I ever saw (excluding Mike). I still marvel how a man that big moved like that :wow:

Reggie

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Virginia
From the time Shaq hit the league up until about when they lost to Detroit in the Finals he was the most unstoppable one on one player in history. No big man could stop him from getting his position in the lane and when there he usually dunked hit that little hook shot or his baby jumper that he had as the years went on. If all else failed they ended up hacking him and sending him to the line. It's his own fault that we are even having this discussion because in his prime 30 and 15 should have been the norm for him without question. If he played hard all the time like he did in the Finals and in big matchups versus other centers back in the day as well as took his conditioning seriously there is no doubt he would have been the greatest ever because there was nothing you could do to stop him when he was in the paint.

Amphibious

Land, water, wherever.
Daps
It wasnt just his size. Watch his footwork...moveset...spin...USE of power...the flawless turnaround jumper and jumphook...the desperation in his foes' face...the triple teams of futility...2000 shaq >>>>>>>>

Ends patrick ewings career and embarasses Kurt Thomas

Embarasses the pacers triple teams. Ends rik smits career...embarasses dale davis.

That 2nd link starting lu:

PG: Ron Harper
SG: Kobe Bryant
SF: Glen Rice
PF: AC Green
C: Shaquille O'Neal

Just wasn't fair :russ:

Amphibious

Land, water, wherever.
Daps
no it wasnt, this era is MUCH better than the early 2000s. Unless you think 6'7" Ben Wallace is someone for centers to aspire to be.

Wilt played about 46 minutes a game, not sure. Also that isnt the point of this thread. The best center season of all time was that dude that had a 50 and 25 season. It was the most dominant season ever.

This guy mus be mentally retarded :mjlol:

There are NO good centers today. 1990 - 2005 = GOAT era for centers.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
This guy mus be mentally retarded :mjlol:

There are NO good centers today. 1990 - 2005 = GOAT era for centers.
a) LOL at this horrendous stretch. The era is 1989-1997. Why? because thats when them nikkas were in their primes or close to it. Even still, the late 60s to early 70s is the GOAT era.
b) who were the top centers in the 1999-2000 season besides Shaq?

Amphibious

Land, water, wherever.
Daps
a) LOL at this horrendous stretch. The era is 1989-1997. Why? because thats when them nikkas were in their primes or close to it. Even still, the late 60s to early 70s is the GOAT era.
b) who were the top centers in the 1999-2000 season besides Shaq?

Wrong youngin :sas1:

Didn't 50 tell ya to shut your yap when grown folks was talkin? :mjlol:

Run a rep train on this bytch boy, talkin outta pocket :camby:

Scottie Drippin

Should Never Mention Me
Daps
Reppin
The Traps of Unified Korea
Wrong youngin :sas1:

Didn't 50 tell ya to shut your yap when grown folks was talkin? :mjlol:

Run a rep train on this bytch boy, talkin outta pocket :camby:
Someone with a -1400 rep calling for neg trains feels a little desperate :ehavb:

Answer the mans question though fam. Who were the top centers in 99-00 aside from Shaq?

All I can think of is Zo :patrice:

Amphibious

Land, water, wherever.
Daps
Someone with a -1400 rep calling for neg trains feels a little desperate :ehavb:

Answer the mans question though fam. Who were the top centers in 99-00 aside from Shaq?

All I can think of is Zo :patrice:

I gave a 15 year ESTIMATE time frame. Give or take a few years. You nerds are pathetic. Everyone knows the 90's is the GOAT center era. But I gave a 5 year gracing period cause Shaq was still a beast on the Heat. Forgot to put '06 when they won the title though.

Remember, the era of goat centers isn't done 'til the last good center falls off. And Shaq was still dominating until about 2007.

You fakkits want me to list every center for real?

You young nikkas need to get studying cause y'all don't know shyt :mjlol:

No 10 year span beats 90-2000 for centers PERIOD. I gave the 5 year bonus cause Shaq was still balling and he was the last of the GOATS left.

You want a dikk suckin center contest going on or wha? :camby:

Scottie Drippin

Should Never Mention Me
Daps
Reppin
The Traps of Unified Korea
I gave a 15 year ESTIMATE time frame. Give or take a few years. You nerds are pathetic. Everyone knows the 90's is the GOAT center era. But I gave a 5 year gracing period cause Shaq was still a beast on the Heat. Forgot to put '06 when they won the title though.

Remember, the era of goat centers isn't done 'til the last good center falls off. And Shaq was still dominating until about 2007.

You fakkits want me to list every center for real?

You young nikkas need to get studying cause y'all don't know shyt :mjlol:

No 10 year span beats 90-2000 for centers PERIOD. I gave the 5 year bonus cause Shaq was still balling and he was the last of the GOATS left.

You want a dikk suckin center contest going on or wha? :camby:
But that's not what we're talking about fam. Your negs are making sense now :ehavb:

All those great centers are washed up or retired by 99-00, and good centers don't appear again for a long, long time. When Shaq was in his prime he was by himself in the league as a dominant. C.

I see you've probably realized the error in your argument.

I don't want you to name every good center, but it'd be really cool if you could name a single other good one in the '99-'00 season other than Shaq and Zo :manny: