Shannon Sharpe has left Undisputed for FT | Michael Irvin, Keyshawn Johnson, and Richard Sherman joining Skip

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
"It's just television!"
"It's all scripted!"
"Yall believe anything!"

Some of us tried to tell some of you buffoons that not everything is planned, but you were too cool for school and plugged in to be fooled. :dead:

Things were never going to be the same after Skip jumped across that line. Some things you can't come back from, regardless of how close you and someone else were beforehand.
"Put your glasses back on" :skip:
:mjlol:

Only idiots would look at that exchange and think it was scripted. Like when shannon wore that skip mask. Skip really did feel some type of way about it.

NerdNash

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Delaware
Not really. Unless he goes back to First Take I don't see him being nearly as popular as he was with Shannon. When he tries to do his own solo podcast it's cringe and does terrible numbers.

Let’s not act like skip didn’t create this lane. Yes he’s hated but he knows how to get people going. It’s all about finding the right cohost

Joe Sixpack

Build and Destroy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rotten Apple
:mjlol:

The pending departure of Shannon Sharpe poses a major talent problem for Fox Sports. Namely: few people want to work with Skip Bayless – and Skip Bayless has limitations on a new partner.

That’s what sources tell Front Office Sports about the challenging, chaotic situation inside FS1’s “Skip and Shannon Undisputed” morning program.

The 71-year-old shock jock micromanages all aspects of the weekday “Embrace Debate” show, which airs at 9:30 a.m. ET/6:30 a.m. PT. Bayless fancies himself the King of Embrace Debate. He’s never really gotten along with his debate partners, except for his “brother from another mother” Stephen A. Smith, at ESPN.

“Nothing happens on that show without Skip. They chose Skip over everything else. You can’t tweet about him, talk about him, anything – or they call you into the office,” said a source. “On ‘Undisputed,’ he makes all the calls, even when he’s off.”
In that vein, Bayless is expected to have the “final say” on Sharpe’s replacement, said the source. So the challenge is to find a new debate partner who can hold his own with the enfant terrible of sports TV. But not overshadow the prickly Bayless.
“Skip is not going to hire anybody who challenges him – and he’s going to make the hire. So it’s a crazy deal,” warned the source. “And here’s the kicker: you have to be willing to work with Skip, you’re going to have to put up with some shyt, he has to approve of you. And you have to get up at 3:30 in the morning.”

Squirrel from Meteor Man

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Are we sure it's Shannon asking out with him liking these tweets?
I think they were far apart on money and Fox decided to keep Skip because he’s locked in until 2025. Once his contract is up I’m sure his run will be over.

They have no one on the network that will tolerate Skip so I’m not sure who they’ll look at to fill that spot. It’s worth it for a couple million a year if you’re not on that level yet, but if you’re a known commodity I don’t think it’s worth the squeeze

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
im suprised they didn't keep him on da network and just give him his own show. A buyout means something big happened behind the scenes
Yea, that is what has me puzzled. Even if skip and shannon dont get along, the thing most networks do is split them up, but keep them inhouse. When SAS kicked Max off, espn gave him another show in a different slot. Yee leaves TBC? iHeart kept her in house with her own show. Sharpe and Fox did a clean split.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
He re-up last year after there were rumors he might bolt back to ESPN to return to First Take with SAS. I doubt he’s making 8 million, but it’s definitely at least making more than 2 mill :manny:
I believe it’s around 8 million as I remember reports talking about them trying to create him a Judge Jerry type show with how little actual work he does :mjlol: