Shannon Sharpe has left Undisputed for FT | Michael Irvin, Keyshawn Johnson, and Richard Sherman joining Skip

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
You do know they was only getting around 200k which was the top sports talk show on fs1, right? With skip and Shannon, right?

fs1 context matters. Don't fall for the espn comparisons. Carton show got time to get right and people really don't watch. Give skip and the new cast time...
That's true, FS1 is not looking to beat ESPN in ratings but still those numbers are atrocious.

78,000 is really bad :huhldup: would love to see the numbers for their other shows on that same date.

Optimus Prime

#AGGIEPRIDE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC A&T SU, Hornets, Panthers, North Carolina
Skip didn’t copy FT’s format, it seems like he copied Get Up. Skip doing his Greeny impression with Rachel and Josina is strange. I’m sure Skip thought the new crew interacting with him would create new interest and it still can but folks tuned in to Mike vs SAS because they were so entertaining. Keshan is coming off a failed 4 hour TV/Radio show that he was the star of, I’m not sure folks are all of a sudden going to tune in because he’s with Skip. No one really cares about Sherman vs Skip except a few folks who remembered that FT episode but Sherman has to prove that he can actually star on a show or just carry a segment.

ESPN is always going to win in the ratings because of Sportscenter. I know when I wake up, I get a quick sync on the local news and then turn on the early SC that leads into Get Up/FT. I’m sure a lot of the ratings Get Up/FT gets is because ESPN is just on. FS1 doesn’t have a regular sports highlight show which you would think could be easier put together for cheap since they already have the highlight packages from MLB/NBA/NFL. I think they show a TMZ Sports show early in the morning or reruns of the previous day’s shows.

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
Rather have Sherm..he is more lively, charismatic and unknown. Key messes up facts wise too much for me. When Acho was saying that Caleb Williams was the best QB prospect he had ever seen in college, Key said Vinny Testaverde. I know it his former teammate, No.1 overall picl, Heisman winner, but Vinny.singlehandedly lost the Fiesta Bowl against Penn State with 5 of the worst interceptions I have ever seen!! Cant believe his stock didnt drop after that. That was aeguably the best team the U had talent wise. He also said that despite Jonathan Taylor getting banged up, he still led the league in rushing. No, that was 2021, not 2022.
That's why I couldn't stand to listen to that nicca on morning radio. Every time I turned the knob, this mf was saying bullshyt. Just because you're not *loud and wrong like the rest of your cohorts doesnt mean you ain't still wrong. Jay Williams use to run circles round him & other dude.

FTBS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Skip didn’t copy FT’s format, it seems like he copied Get Up. Skip doing his Greeny impression with Rachel and Josina is strange. I’m sure Skip thought the new crew interacting with him would create new interest and it still can but folks tuned in to Mike vs SAS because they were so entertaining. Keshan is coming off a failed 4 hour TV/Radio show that he was the star of, I’m not sure folks are all of a sudden going to tune in because he’s with Skip. No one really cares about Sherman vs Skip except a few folks who remembered that FT episode but Sherman has to prove that he can actually star on a show or just carry a segment.

ESPN is always going to win in the ratings because of Sportscenter. I know when I wake up, I get a quick sync on the local news and then turn on the early SC that leads into Get Up/FT. I’m sure a lot of the ratings Get Up/FT gets is because ESPN is just on. FS1 doesn’t have a regular sports highlight show which you would think could be easier put together for cheap since they already have the highlight packages from MLB/NBA/NFL. I think they show a TMZ Sports show early in the morning or reruns of the previous day’s shows.
ESPN wins because its habit. Its part of a lot of people's daily routine. You dont have think about it.To your point, its gonna take a lot more than Sherman and Keyshawn to make folks change their habit.

And for all their money, FS1 is run raggedy. I am not sure highlights matter like that in 2023 but it would be better than most of what they do. You got this Carton show in the morning that nobody cares about. Undisputed is 2.5 hours of Bron, Brady, Boys. Skips schtick is not noteworthy in 2023. Then you got your two strongest shows in the middle of the afternoon when most people are at work/school. Meanwhile you can wake up with SC/Get Up/First Take and then catch PTI when you get home. 7 years in and it still doesnt seem like FS1 has gone all in yet.

FTBS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Stephen A is so bad though

He's awful I don't understand why Undisputed can't make a dent in the ratings
SAS is actually entertaining to a lot of people. Guaranteed any movie related to sports will have him in it. He is a huge star. But its not as much about him as it is the monster ESPN has been. He annoys many of us more hardcore fans but most of us are still watching out of habit anyway because its ESPN. What alternative is Undisputed truly offering? To the point where they just went out and got a bunch of folks ESPN just dropped. Gotta do better than that if you want to compete with an established giant. WCW didnt start beating WWF with the same old shyt, they had to catch up with the times and introduce something groundbreaking. Skip is trotting Wayne out in 2023 :mjlol:.

FTBS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The show has been off for two months. Audience literally has to be rebuilt and was being conditioned not to tune in.

FOX will give it time to cook
Thats raggedy too :mjlol:. You dont get 2 month breaks in 2023, especially when you trying to come up. ESPN doesnt even try that shyt. Even if SAS is out, the show is going on.

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
Stephen A is so bad though

He's awful I don't understand why Undisputed can't make a dent in the ratings
Like people said, that ESPN clout too heavy....And it ain't even about just being a part of people daily routine. Think of all of the bars, wing spots, airports, hotel deals and whatever else along those lines. Almost 90% of the time you walk in one of these joints, ESPN is on the TV. shyt the hotel I was at on this business trip didn't even offer FS1 but they got that ESPN though.

Mouse gon eat by any means.

Squirrel from Meteor Man

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
People are reading too much into the live viewership numbers (that are down across the board). Undisputed is still destroying First Take on YouTube and social media. The numbers speak for themselves, despite ESPN having way more subscribers.

Front Office Sports is a hack website edited by a c00n and features a bunch of corny Deadspin era type writing. Their highest engagement comes when they talk about Skip and Stephen A, despite all the articles they write hating on that kind of content