Shannon Sharpe Going Viral For Defending White Racist Kids

Cakebatter

All Star
Daps
I can see both sides of the discussion. Amanda was rightfully upset by how she was treated. Those kids said things they knew would hurt her. Shannon's view is that looking back on it in retrospect, they were kids and we don't hold kids to the same standard as adults. Some of those kids have grown up to be racists, and some may have grown up to learn better. Go to a high school reunion and you learn first hand that kids can grow up to become different people than when they were younger. Shannon's mistake was failing to acknowledge how that experience affected Amanda Seales.

MasterThought

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I get what he's saying...or trying to say.

Imagine a little 8 year old girl referring to herself as a "bad b1tch" already.

Your mind would automatically bypass her and go directly to her household /environment.

You would automatically assume she listens or hears nothing but filthy music with those words in it.

You would automatically assume that her mother and all of her older female family members talk the same way.

You would basically give the little girl a "pass" because you know that those aren't really her words.....she's parroting what she hears in her own household.

I think Shannon was looking moreso at the bigger picture (the environment) instead of the "parrots" repeating what they heard.

But that's how the cycle of racism happens if it's not nipped in the bud somewhere along the way.

I don't think Shannon was DEFENDING anything but I also can see how it can look like he was. :francis: