Shake 'em up, Roll 'em up, Watch us Break 'em with the 7-Eleven: The Dallas Cowboys 2022 Season Thread

dtownreppin214

l'immortale
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Shags & Leathers
Micah is getting clowned on twitter all because his bumass QB let him down smh
Locker room will be very interesting next year. On Sounds of the Sidelines I'm always shocked how much love Dak gets from his teammates. Even defensive players. But that will change now moving forward if he doesn't produce.

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
You are right. They all don't hit but the majority of QB's that play in the Super Bowl were QBs drafted in the first round. This chart shows exactly that.
DraftHistory.com
I'll take my chances getting a top QB at the top of the draft than drafting a 4th rounder. You will likely never see another Brady again. You will however see first round QBs consistently get to the playoffs though.
Purdy looking like another Montana tho. I think Dallas should be looking to trade for Trey Lance. Someone they can develop that got potential.

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
You are right. They all don't hit but the majority of QB's that play in the Super Bowl were QBs drafted in the first round. This chart shows exactly that.
DraftHistory.com
I'll take my chances getting a top QB at the top of the draft than drafting a 4th rounder. You will likely never see another Brady again. You will however see first round QBs consistently get to the playoffs though.
Kurt and Tom skew the charts.

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
word

were both right. i guess my point is just that we underestimate how situational a players success is and overestimate how linear a player's trajectory is

Its many 5 star recruits who wasnt shyt
Many first round picks who wasnt shyt...not just at QB but all position. Its really a lot of luck involved in the draft.

Hurts and Purdy werent first rounders but they killin
then on the flipside Mahomes and Burrow were first rounders.

Regardless, its patently obvious that Jones has hurt the team for many years by being the GM
Both Hurts and Purdy are in a system that benefits them to a T. Once Hurts gets paid, it's gonna be hard to win big for him like it was for Russell Wilson. Purdy on the other hand can maintain this shyt.

Surreal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Both Hurts and Purdy are in a system that benefits them to a T. Once Hurts gets paid, it's gonna be hard to win big for him like it was for Russell Wilson. Purdy on the other hand can maintain this shyt.

Hurts isn't an ego maniac, nor grifter like Dak

He'll take less to keep the ball rollin

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
it is likely that purdy is on a very short term contract because he was drafted so late. If he plays well next yr the Niners will have to pay him. Its that simple really. Not sure why your note would apply to Hurts but not Purdy lol

Spade

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DC/Texas/Chicago
In these past few drafts, we wanted Hurts and Howell

If a QB they like is falling, they better take him
Yeah I'm seeing reports they wanted Howell. The idea of them wanting a QB is there. They need to do this year and it needs to happen in the first two days at least. Not coming out with a QB in this draft is a failure IMO. Don't care who we draft. The draft will be a D at best if you don't get a QB in the first two or three rounds.