Shadow of Mordor Official Thread

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Avenging all these flabby coli nikkas out here. :whoo:

Still unbreakable. Getting contracts sent to my spiritual email service like, one of the homies is down, do you accept this contract.

illwittdeez

aka Breh Wyatt
Daps
Reppin
Da Yo 330, Ohio
Man I'm glad I traded Destiny for this, I rolled up on one Captain by mistake so I start whipping his ass this motherfukker takes off running so I'm after him running past all these minions not giving a fukk track the captain down and off with the fukkers head I turn around and I'm greeted by the million man march! :mjcry:

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
They broke me.

:sadbron:

nikkas comin up off my name but dont avenge me cuz i already left them nikkas R.I.P

marlo-the-wire.gif

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
Is this shyt just straight action? Or is there more to the game than just killing orcs?
it is pretty much straight action, with some light RPG elements (skill tree). and yeah, the combat is pretty much an Arkham game with swords (but luckily unlike Batman, the main character does not have a "no kill" policy). it also has a 'parkour' system much like the Ass Creed games. plus throw some Far Cry 3 fukkery in the mix (release a caged beast in the middle of an enemy camp, and watch the chaos)

but where it really shines, and becomes more than the sum of it's parts, is the "nemesis system". basically there's this whole WWE orc soap-opera that plays out with the orc "captains", and their interactions with you. if some no-name kills you, he will be promoted to captain. if a captain kills you, he will become a more powerful captain. and the next time you meet them (I don't wanna spoil much, but you dying and coming back is part of the game), they will talk some shyt like "I thought I killed you last time. lemme make sure you stay dead this time". if you run from them, they'll call you out for that too. if you think you kill one of the captains, but don't decapitate him, there's a chance he'll come back with a crazy scar, on some "you left me for dead" shyt. all in all it makes the game very engaging. it will really make you feel some sort of way seeing these dudes rank up when they kill you, or finally getting revenge on a shyt-talking captain that killed you

it's also very dynamic, so no two players are gonna have the same experience. that combined with the 'open world' aspect makes it so you might end up in some very crazy, and possibly unfair, situations. it's one of the few games where 'running away' really feels like a legit strategy. and again, part of that is knowing that if you die, and bunch of orcs are gonna come up. the nemesis system really does add a whole new dimension to the game, and I'm sure we'll see it copied in many future games (ironic I guess, since this game borrows from so many other games)

Kang Deezy

Overall Nice Guy
Daps
Reppin
The stoop with dat dope fanny padding
damn reading this thread makes me wanna get the game :banderas: I can see how it might get old after awhile but props to the devs for trying something new, this could be a good foundation for the future

a 4 player co-op game like this, with this combat style invading strongholds with insane amounts of enemies could be the next big trend for gaming

a co-op next gen State of Decay game is gonna be huge too

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
it is pretty much straight action, with some light RPG elements (skill tree). and yeah, the combat is pretty much an Arkham game with swords (but luckily unlike Batman, the main character does not have a "no kill" policy). it also has a 'parkour' system much like the Ass Creed games. plus throw some Far Cry 3 fukkery in the mix (release a caged beast in the middle of an enemy camp, and watch the chaos)

but where it really shines, and becomes more than the sum of it's parts, is the "nemesis system". basically there's this whole WWE orc soap-opera that plays out with the orc "captains", and their interactions with you. if some no-name kills you, he will be promoted to captain. if a captain kills you, he will become a more powerful captain. and the next time you meet them (I don't wanna spoil much, but you dying and coming back is part of the game), they will talk some shyt like "I thought I killed you last time. lemme make sure you stay dead this time". if you run from them, they'll call you out for that too. if you think you kill one of the captains, but don't decapitate him, there's a chance he'll come back with a crazy scar, on some "you left me for dead" shyt. all in all it makes the game very engaging. it will really make you feel some sort of way seeing these dudes rank up when they kill you, or finally getting revenge on a shyt-talking captain that killed you

it's also very dynamic, so no two players are gonna have the same experience. that combined with the 'open world' aspect makes it so you might end up in some very crazy, and possibly unfair, situations. it's one of the few games where 'running away' really feels like a legit strategy. and again, part of that is knowing that if you die, and bunch of orcs are gonna come up. the nemesis system really does add a whole new dimension to the game, and I'm sure we'll see it copied in many future games (ironic I guess, since this game borrows from so many other games)
It kinda sounds fun :ehh:

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Bushed
Daps
the last orc I died so much that he's damn near invincible and I hate how he rolls deep too I'm going to do some side missions