Sha'Carri Richardson Discussion Thread :A Resilient Sha’Carri Richardson Wins the 100-Meter World Title

Commish

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
IAAF diamond league

I haven’t kept up with track & field outside of the Olympics and World Championships in years. I just know that there are track meets & circuits around Europe that track athletes participate in. I mean, it is rather expensive to travel to various countries, train for these meets along with having to have accommodations like food, shelter, equipment/clothes, etc. Only makes sense that appearance fees and sponsorships cover their expenses.

Daps
Yeah..

They make money by racing at track meets around Europe. They get appearance fees and some to many are sponsored by a shoe company or some other type of sponsorship.
So americans act like they give a fukk about track stars but these same stars have to go to Europe just to make money?:mjlol:

Edub

Veteran
Daps
She’s right the rule is rooted in racism….but what she failed to realize is that the U.S. is racist and has been a prominent supporter of that racism for the longest……

They will change the rule …but not in time to see youngin run….
errybody should chill, her story isn’t done

TM101

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
We’re in the era of go along get along where anyone who moves too far away from the mold is getting fazed out. Dallas hood rats like Sha’carri and Chennedy Carter with that old mentality could lose their athletic careers if they don’t improve their attitude.

Commish

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
So americans act like they give a fukk about track stars but these same stars have to go to Europe just to make money?:mjlol:

I am sure they still have meets in the States. Back in the day, the Mt.Sac relays on the West Coast and Penn relays on the East Coast we’re huge events that attracted T&F athletes from around the nation and globe.

Track and Field isn’t as popular in the States as it is in Europe which is shame. Americans barely fukk with soccer, at least compared to the rest of the world.

So, yeah, anyone who is runs track or does field events have to go to Europe in order to make $$. Obviously, only the top athletes make decent money.

Mindfield333

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NC
You and her are C00ns for being ignorant. You can't compare AI to her. She fukked up before every making it. Iverson played and survived the game for 16 years. Now his in the HALL OF FAME!

:camby:

We're for Black Excellence!
So did AI… bowling alley incident? He almost ain’t even make it to college

Brehcepticon

Adeptus Brehstartes
Supporter
Daps
Oh well. Sunday funday :ahh:

5b9To5R.gif