Sha'Carri Richardson Discussion Thread :A Resilient Sha’Carri Richardson Wins the 100-Meter World Title

George's Dilemma

Banned
Supporter
Daps
But what gave her the it factor? Just because she decided to wear orange weave and fake lashes? If that were the case, anyone could do that. Also, she’s not the first female sprinter to have a flamboyant look. Is it her speed? There’s no guarantee she would’ve even won gold. All she really did was qualify for the Olympics before she got suspended. That wasn’t even the only 100m trial run.

I just find it odd that she’s the only one the media wants to talk about.

It's combination of everything. The looks, personality, charisma, youth, talent, etc. You're right, nothing guaranteed she'd have success at the games. Who knows. I don't think it's odd that the media is talking about her though. Like I said, she's got that it factor. If any of the other track and field competitors among the women had failed a drug test, it would have made the news, but not to this extent. Right before a race, when they show each individual runner, she stands out.

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
Yep

It's a weird flex for them to disqualify her for this but she knew the rules, she's young and she's got time to come back

Damn shame though

no its not. When will yall learn the Olympics do not cater to America? its an International sport...They can give two fukks how good she was.

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
no its not. When will yall learn the Olympics do not cater to America? its an International sport...They can give two fukks how good she was.
This is true. If there’s one area in which even the US government can’t provide real pressure - it’s the Olympics. The way the international committees regularly ignore the requests of the most powerful governments on the planet is hilarious.

A lot of them can be bought though - if the state doping agency scandals over the past 30 years have shown :russ:

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Yall c00ns missing out on the bigger picture but yes let's continue to shyt on sha carri.
nikka fukk Sha’Carri. She ain’t end all be all. All she had to do with practice discipline and restraint for her craft, she couldnt. U can’t get away with failing the drug test at ur job. How people gonna boycott the Olympics because this chick fukked up? That’s basically spitting in the face of all the other black athletes. This just goes to show America is in love with celebrity. This ain’t about morals. Cause if it was other reasons aside from this. The shyt would’ve been boycotted whether she competed or not. Peace.

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Her potentially not making the next Olympics team wouldn't be about her age though.:manny:
Attitude doesn’t control either. As long as she stays clean, has a sponsor or her own money and has the time - she’ll make it. This isn’t a moral or popularity contest.

Po pimp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chi-Town
It's combination of everything. The looks, personality, charisma, youth, talent, etc. You're right, nothing guaranteed she'd have success at the games. Who knows. I don't think it's odd that the media is talking about her though. Like I said, she's got that it factor. If any of the other track and field competitors among the women had failed a drug test, it would have made the news, but not to this extent. Right before a race, when they show each individual runner, she stands out.
She stands out because they’re making her stand out. Then when you add in the fact that random celebrities (some of which aren’t involved in sports whatsoever) are talking about her, it seems weird. She won’t be in the Olympics this year, but mark my words, this won’t be the last time we hear from her, and it won’t have anything to do with track.

Hoodoo Child

The Urban Legend
Daps
Reppin
The Crossroads
HfkdUEM.gif

The first and last paragraphs is BS

Sick of you nikkaz:mjtf:
Thread just keeps on giving :laff: