Sha'Carri Richardson Discussion Thread :A Resilient Sha’Carri Richardson Wins the 100-Meter World Title

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
Okay now she talking like she Marion Jones or something:picard:

breh:dwillhuh:....

tenor.gif

Music Fiend

Superstar
Daps
I watched that interview and was like wow...

She want to be Megan the stallion with a 12-year-old boy chest what is wrong with people...
I dont think so bro. Shes carried herself well until this. We just got to stop letting our youth feel/think they know better.

Fell right into the trap of looking how the world expects her to look/sound as a young black woman from the hood.

Done right. Apologize, Deny smoking, admit to using CBD to sleep through this rough time and claim ignorance that it had any THC in it. Demand and call for a re-test. We should be having an international petition being passed around for a re-test, and she should have only been worried about showing up dressed professionally, sounding like a future gold medal winner, and how to put a purrell bottle full her friends urine in her cooch to beat the re-test

That’s the crazy thing is apparently the test is only to see if you smoked a few hours or so before your race. She literally could have just skipped smoking that day and been ok.
Nah all tests that look for Thc metabolites can go back a month.

Fletch

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Dallas
I dont think so bro. Shes carried herself well until this. We just got to stop letting our youth feel/think they know better.

Fell right into the trap of looking how the world expects her to look/sound as a young black woman from the hood.

Done right. Apologize, Deny smoking, admit to using CBD to sleep through this rough time and claim ignorance that it had any THC in it. Demand and call for a re-test. We should be having an international petition being passed around for a re-test, and she should have only been worried about showing up dressed professionally, sounding like a future gold medal winner, and how to put a purrell bottle full her friends urine in her cooch to beat the re-test

They can, but the article a news station here in Dallas put out said that the one they used was basically just to see if they used anything before the race

ColdSlither

Extensive Enterprises
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Elizabeth, NJ by way of East Orange
She shouldn't have smoked the weed. She knew what she was supposed to be doing, and said fukk it. I don't have a problem with weed. I smoke it. But if my job depended on it, I wouldn't. Paying my rent is more important. Olympic gold/silver/bronze, and the endorsements that would have come from that, wasn't as important as getting high that day. She needs to just shut up, own it, and prepare for the next Summer Olympics.

True Blue Moon

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
VA. Living in the City of Angels

Not this specific test. They basically set the threshold so high that only a dummy would fail it. With this test you only fail for THC levels that indicate that you smoked within the last 4 hours or something.

Chrishaune

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Huntsville
They can, but the article a news station here in Dallas put out said that the one they used was basically just to see if they used anything before the race

Sounds like they weren't really trying to get anybody kicked out, but you can't go over to Japan doing that. So they had to sit her.

NinoBrown

Veteran
Daps
Yall c00ns missing out on the bigger picture but yes let's continue to shyt on sha carri.

She isn't some 12 year old who made a mistake, she grown and lacked common sense. Olympic windows are rare and their is always a new, younger runner who will want to come for crown any day now...

Po pimp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chi-Town
Rare because she has that "it" factor. The publicity didn't make her, she attracted the attention. Plenty of people are talented but have the personality of a wall. Other people have the personality but don't have the skillset. She has both. I watched her race one time, one time, again I repeat one time. If I wasn't working from home during a pandemic I wouldn't have caught the race either. Just happened to have it on while working and watched her start slow and turn that second gear on, orange wig bouncing, little legs moving like Sonic the hedgehog, fake eyelashes, long nails, and talking shyt like :obama: before she even hit the finish line cuz she knew she had it in the bag. You gotta root for her. Like I said earlier, women like that I don't even have a high tolerance for and avoid. But she got it. Made a fan of me instantly. Now multiply me by the hundreds of thousands. The weed thing just made her story even more captivating. I hope she capitalizes.
But what gave her the it factor? Just because she decided to wear orange weave and fake lashes? If that were the case, anyone could do that. Also, she’s not the first female sprinter to have a flamboyant look. Is it her speed? There’s no guarantee she would’ve even won gold. All she really did was qualify for the Olympics before she got suspended. That wasn’t even the only 100m trial run.

I just find it odd that she’s the only one the media wants to talk about.