Sha'Carri Richardson Discussion Thread :A Resilient Sha’Carri Richardson Wins the 100-Meter World Title

mag357

Superstar
Daps
I almost wanna make a thread but WTF was that bullshyt with Shelly Ann Fraser Pryce? :gucci: watching live, Shacarri definitely seemed nervous, but I'm not just now finding out how they hoed SFP. In retrospect, I think she was unsure how to handle tbe situation until she was in the blocks. I mean she definitely trained and INTENDED on meeting the Jamaicans there. None of the typical joy you see with medaling... Alfred siezed the opportunity and burst out the blocks STARVING. ShaCarri was definitely moing at 10.72, but I question how inspired she was.

Shacarri wasn't 10.7 bro

Buddy

Keep my name out of it
Bushed
Daps
Shacarri wasn't 10.7 bro
:snoop: My bad, read this USA today article wrong and didn't pay attention to the times live.

Julien Alfred ran 10.72*
ShaCarri ran 10.87

that actually makes me think even more that she wasn't inspired :jbhmm: She'd definitely have her reasons if that were the case

mag357

Superstar
Daps
:snoop: My bad, read this USA today article wrong and didn't pay attention to the times live.

Julien Alfred ran 10.72*
ShaCarri ran 10.87

that actually makes me think even more that she wasn't inspired :jbhmm: She'd definitely have her reasons if that were the case

That's a terrible time for someone of her caliber on this stage.

I hate digging into people minds cause you can never know what's going on, so it's no need to speculate.
But she did look wild nervous.
She always seems to be more carefree, energetic, but mainly confident.

She had a look like "I really NEED to win this".
If you know what u mean

Buddy

Keep my name out of it
Bushed
Daps

I hate digging into people minds cause you can never know what's going on, so it's no need to speculate.

If you know what u mean
Yeah there's honestly no telling unless she says otherwise. Nervousness makes the most sense but I could see the moment not meaning as much as she'd anticipated going in too. These Olympics willl be controversial for a minute just given Jamaica's treatment/lack of participation so even if she had a stellar time that cloud of "If the Jamaicans were there" would hang over the moment

mag357

Superstar
Daps
Yeah there's honestly no telling unless she says otherwise. Nervousness makes the most sense but I could see the moment not meaning as much as she'd anticipated going in too. These Olympics willl be controversial for a minute just given Jamaica's treatment/lack of participation so even if she had a stellar time that cloud of "If the Jamaicans were there" would hang over the moment

I don't know... I'm a fan of all of them and I think people wouldnt have put an asterisk on this if she got gold.
People felt like pryce is old so she wasn't winning.
And maybe Shericka is hurt, but she was gonna get smoked again.
So this was a huge moment for her.
we was all just waiting for this to be the crowning of the fastest woman alive.
And someone came to snatch that MFer

Sniper

All Star
Daps

If you know what u mean

I don't know how long she's been running track but she's been training and waiting for that moment for the past 6 years.

You damn right she was nervous. Nervous, scared and every other emotion that you can think of.

She had a very bad race.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
I don't know how long she's been running track but she's been training and waiting for that moment for the past 6 years.

You damn right she was nervous. Nervous, scared and every other emotion that you can think of.

She had a very bad race.
So have the other competitors in the race as well and I'm sure they had some sort of emotions as well.

It's okay to admit that there was someone else faster than here without having to make up excuses and diminish the accomplishment of the winner.

Sniper

All Star
Daps
So have the other competitors in the race as well and I'm sure they had some sort of emotions as well.

It's okay to admit that there was someone else faster than here without having to make up excuses and diminish the accomplishment of the winner.

No excuses were made by me, I was only speaking about the emotions going on with Sha'Carri based off of her appearance.

Yes the same can be said about all athletes in every event, but this thread and this conversation was about Sha'Carri and this specific race.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
No excuses were made by me, I was only speaking about the emotions going on with Sha'Carri based off of her appearance.

Yes the same can be said about all athletes in every event, but this thread and this conversation was about Sha'Carri and this specific race.
You are making excuses for her though and it‘s diminishing the accomplishments of the person who won. You wouldn’t be using it as a justification if she won, so don‘t use it as an excuse now.

Someone else was better than her by far and it’s okay to admit that.

Daps

If you know what u mean
I agree... she didn't have that aggression she has when they do camers intros. She actuallly instead smiled. I'd never seen her do that at that stage