Sha'Carri Richardson Discussion Thread :A Resilient Sha’Carri Richardson Wins the 100-Meter World Title

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
Phelps was suspended for 3 months and he did not even fail a test it just was not in a olympic year

If Sha'carri was caught in March she would have got 30 days done the trial and made the olympics

she was the idiot
These people are so uninformed and uneducated. Can't even debate because they pull out the most ground level defense. :hubie:

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
Phelps was suspended for 3 months and he did not even fail a test it just was not in a olympic year

If Sha'carri was caught in March she would have got 30 days done the trial and made the olympics

she was the idiot
Phelps' name was thrown into stories for headlines and views.
They know that people aren't going to take the time to look up the details of their suspensions.

OG Talk

Archived
Daps
Reppin
Heaven on Earth
I've never smoked so I don't get it. Weed can't be that good can it? How can people just ruin their lives like that.
I’ve smoked in the past and will in the future on occasion. But many Black folks are addicted to THC and tobacco. I have grown friends in their 30’s that can’t eat or sleep without smoking. Or can’t even wait to get in the privacy of their home to roll up. They drive around smoking in their car like they’re 19year old white frat boys.

Or smoke on their lunch break at work. I have a homeboy that’s a hard working intelligent Black business owner. He told me he HAS to get high or he can’t function.

It’s deep.

KingFreeman

Barely-Known Member
Daps
Reppin
the 254
I feel bad for not being shocked At All...
That she would sabotage her own success

If you follow track you'd know plenty of top runners didnt make it.... due to hoodrat shyt. Avoiding it is half the battle

This. Looking at babygirl you can already get an idea of what her camp is like. I'm a longtime drinker in moderation but I had a bad experience with a girl who wasn't a normal person unless she was high and it turned me off that shyt.

A whole lotta younger women smoke (and do hoodrat shyt in general) on a regular basis because that's what all their friends are doing and what the culture promotes at the expense of common sense.

Plenty of brehs with all the athletic talent in the world who could've been the next MJ or Tyson who had no guidance and got jammed up in hood ignorance.

Last edited:

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
Just here to say

it’s very interesting how dudes start sounding like police officers over things are little as smoking some weed :patrice:

whatever though :hubie:

Stop making shyt up. Nobody is saying she needs to go to jail. People are saying she is an idiot for smoking it before a race knowing damn well she gonna get tested for it.

It doesnt matter what the substance is and how little you think of it, if your job requires you stay away from it you have a choice to make, you can either find another job or leave the substance alone. Thats it.

etrofllenrod504

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
archaic legislation. weed is not a performance enhancer.
It's not a performance enhancer but everywhere has there standards. No we don't always agree with they standards but, if we trying to participate in said organizations event then we have to play by they rules. This was beyond silly on her part. The level of work you put in for this moment. The amount of discipline you need to train and you self sabotage yourself like this? For weed? shyts mind boggling.

Gee Mello

Pro
Daps
She's definitely not making excuses, seems like she was high during the interview. She's going through it.

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
Why do they do drug testing :mindblown:in the workplace

that shyt doesn’t exist in the UK

Depends the job. Anything where you operate heavy machinery/work with dangerous items will usually require a drug test. And I think for good reason.

My boy worked at a nuclear plant and he did a drug test. Can’t have your engineers high and causing another Chernobyl.

:yeshrug:

Phelps was suspended for months not even for testing positive, for being caught on camera smoking a bong.

IIRC, wasn’t Phelps caught after the Olympics and after he already won like 10+ gold medals?

At least in his case he already was a well established Olympian.

Glad she owned up to her actions and I’m hoping she can bounce back from this. Other athletes can use her story as a cautionary tale.