Sha'Carri Richardson Discussion Thread :A Resilient Sha’Carri Richardson Wins the 100-Meter World Title

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Olympic Medal Count | Tokyo 2020 Olympics (Jul 23-Aug 8, 2021)

Total medal count
America(113 medals)
Jamaica(9 medals)

Look i get Jamaica looks at track the way America does basketball and are proud of their accomplishments, but the same way Shecarri is called cocky(which she is especially not winning shyt), they are over the top also. I mean America won almost 100 more medals than Jamaica but they ripping into Shecarri and using her as a symbol for America? Its just too extreme imo. Thats all im saying...

:dahell:
jamaica sent 48 athletes in 6 sports and won 9 medals,

usa sent 613 athletes in 35 sports
america had athletes in every single event at the olympics

Sohh_lifted

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Olympic Medal Count | Tokyo 2020 Olympics (Jul 23-Aug 8, 2021)

Total medal count
America(113 medals)
Jamaica(9 medals)

Look i get Jamaica looks at track the way America does basketball and are proud of their accomplishments, but the same way Shecarri is called cocky(which she is especially not winning shyt), they are over the top also. I mean America won almost 100 more medals than Jamaica but they ripping into Shecarri and using her as a symbol for America? Its just too extreme imo. Thats all im saying...

:stopitslime:America competes in literally every sport breh.

93 til

Superstar
Daps
I don’t understand how this devolved into a diaspora war. Did Sha’Carri ever say anything specifically about Jamaica in general?

While I do agree with the fact that this has turned into a diaspora war is goofy af, Sha'carri isn't innocent in all this. She's brought alot of this on herself. On the track it's not even Jamaica vs USA, it's Jamaica vs Sha'carri

The Wolf Among You

Superstar
Daps

While I do agree with the fact that this has turned into a diaspora war is goofy af, Sha'carri isn't innocent in all this. She's brought alot of this on herself. On the track it's not even Jamaica vs USA, it's Jamaica vs Sha'carri

Okay. That first liked tweet makes sense, that shyt is super corny and I can’t fukk with that. I really hate that Black people seem to have so much smoke for each other while our global standing as whole is in the fukking gutter.:snoop:
There was no reason for Black Americans to start shytting on Jamaicans, and vice-versa.

Sterling Archer

Spider Mane
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Nike is another reason for the beef

Before the race

After the race

Elaine has been dominant this summer, yet can't even get the same props from her sponsors. We're looking at an all time run getting relegated to a secondary page. :snoop:

I only give Nike a pass in knowing that an American winning is more marketable so I get the push when they thought she would be the truth. But no excuse for disregarding your signed athletes who are more successful, more accomplished and just better than the one you want to push.

93 til

Superstar
Daps
I only give Nike a pass in knowing that an American winning is more marketable so I get the push when they thought she would be the truth. But no excuse for disregarding your signed athletes who are more successful, more accomplished and just better than the one you want to push.

Exactly.

I mean I get it, but if Nike can find away to properly promote Giannis, CR7, Neymar, etc. along with their American counterparts then they can do the same for Elaine.

Elaine ought to chuck Nike the deuces and go to Puma like Bolt. Nike has shown time and time again they don't really care for female athletes as much as they want you to believe. Ask Allyson Felix.

93 til

Superstar
Daps
Okay. That first liked tweet makes sense, that shyt is super corny and I can’t fukk with that. I really hate that Black people seem to have so much smoke for each other while our global standing as whole is in the fukking gutter.:snoop:
There was no reason for Black Americans to start shytting on Jamaicans, and vice-versa.

Breh. All this heat for each other is being brought out because of one person's fukk ups. :francis:

What happened to "all for one and one for all"?:dead:

Michael's Black Son

Blanket Jackson
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New York City & Neverland Ranch

And this is an L that Nike has to ride out for the duration of her contract for a couple more years. They can’t do shyt about whatever was spent on the marketing, etc but the obvious move (in America) is to put the focus on Athiing and just know that they won’t have someone grabbing headlines for non-running shyt.

But at least Athiing will win races.

Double Burger With Cheese

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
:dahell:
jamaica sent 48 athletes in 6 sports and won 9 medals,

usa sent 613 athletes in 35 sports
america had athletes in every single event at the olympics

Well if you break down the math...

Jamaica 0.19 medals per athlete

USA 0.18 medals per athlete

USA 3.2 medals per sport

Jamaica 1.5 medals per sport

Broke down the numbers a little more. I’m not in this beef though lol. I’m proud to be black...not American. This diaspora war shyt gay though. I don’t get into things like that.