Sha'Carri Richardson Discussion Thread :A Resilient Sha’Carri Richardson Wins the 100-Meter World Title

saturn7

Politics is an EXCHANGE!!!
Daps
Reppin
DMV Freedman
You'll be surprised how many don't know that Slavery happened elsewhere in the Americas besides the US

I get it but, my beef is when folks try to make it seem like ADOS advocates are the ones erasing slavery in other parts of the Americas.

Like ADOS folks aren't constantly reminded that most of the slaves were shipped to the Caribbean and Brazil. People like to sling that around like that somehow minimizes the horrors of chattel slavery in the U.S.A.

Also Blackness outside of the U.S.A. is "erased" or may not get as much media attention because U.S.A. dominates most global media, so by it's nature things will be more American-centric.

93 til

Superstar
Daps
Meanwhile at Diamond League today....

wpid-img_20141215_232715.jpg

CASHAPP

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Olympic Medal Count | Tokyo 2020 Olympics (Jul 23-Aug 8, 2021)

Total medal count
America(113 medals)
Jamaica(9 medals)

Look i get Jamaica looks at track the way America does basketball and are proud of their accomplishments, but the same way Shecarri is called cocky(which she is especially not winning shyt), they are over the top also. I mean America won almost 100 more medals than Jamaica but they ripping into Shecarri and using her as a symbol for America? Its just too extreme imo. Thats all im saying...

Daps
Olympic Medal Count | Tokyo 2020 Olympics (Jul 23-Aug 8, 2021)

Total medal count
America(113 medals)
Jamaica(9 medals)

Look i get Jamaica looks at track the way America does basketball and are proud of their accomplishments, but the same way Shecarri is called cocky(which she is especially not winning shyt), they are over the top also. I mean America won almost 100 more medals than Jamaica but they ripping into Shecarri and using her as a symbol for America? Its just too extreme imo. Thats all im saying...

They? Explain to me how usain, Shelly Ann, or Elaine are over the top like Shacarri. Unless by they you mean Twitter, which would make your point irrelevant because you can find any negative you choose to find on Twitter.

CASHAPP

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
They? Explain to me how usain, Shelly Ann, or Elaine are over the top like Shacarri. Unless by they you mean Twitter, which would make your point irrelevant because you can find any negative you choose to find on Twitter.

yeah let me clarify I’m not talking about Usain, Shelly Ann, Elaine or any of the Jamaican track stars, I am referring to Twitter and social media . No my point isn’t irrelevant you can see how on social media people go overboard with beating America in one sport