Sha'Carri Richardson Discussion Thread :A Resilient Sha’Carri Richardson Wins the 100-Meter World Title

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
That's chump change. She can get millions from Nike or Adidas. Her taking that could make a big company pass on her.

Nike already came out and said they still support her. Her next deal could be 7-8 figures.

Nike can say that they support her all they want, but if those other American women perform well, then all the shine and attention for Richardson is gone…….

You can’t market her right now the way you would other Olympic athletes for obvious reasons.

Double Burger With Cheese

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Get this clout chasing ass shyt out of here. You don’t reach out to be people in public for endorsement deals. Stories like this are usually a company trying to clout chase and promote their brand, while publicly offering some endorsement deal then know damn well the person in question is not interested in.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
That's chump change. She can get millions from Nike or Adidas. Her taking that could make a big company pass on her.

Nike already came out and said they still support her. Her next deal could be 7-8 figures.
This, but nike better up. passing up on 250k and then they never give up the paper would hurt

FlexPavilion

Enshrined
Supporter
Daps
Nike can say that they support her all they want, but if those other American women perform well, then all the shine and attention for Richardson is gone…….

You can’t market her right now the way you would other Olympic athletes for obvious reasons.
You rightly referred to them as "those other women" because that's what they are, nameless. Sha'Carri was already a recognized name before her failed test because of her accomplishments. Unless someone else can dominate in the way Sha'Carri already has, no one is taking her shine. They need to do more than perform well because Sha'Carri will be back.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
You rightly referred to them as "those other women" because that's what they are, nameless. Sha'Carri was already a recognized name before her failed test because of her accomplishments. Unless someone else can dominate in the way Sha'Carri already has, no one is taking her shine. They need to do more than perform well because Sha'Carri will be back.

You say all of that as if Richardson is the fastest female in the world, which she’s obviously not. She literally would have scrapping and fighting to make Bronze if she was participating as the Jamaican team is faster than the US.

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
long vs short sighted goals

similar to the thread where people were supporting Chrisette Michelle taking that $250k from trump.... ugh yeah that was the last note of her career :skip:

doing this would undermine her sports career. she need sponsors that don't come into conflict with her profession... that's 250k to trash her running career. nope.

FlexPavilion

Enshrined
Supporter
Daps
You say all of that as if Richardson is the fastest female in the world, which she’s obviously not. She literally would have scrapping and fighting to make Bronze if she was participating as the Jamaican team is faster than the US.
I never said any of that. I said no other person on her team would steal her shine if they perform well in the Olympics. That's what you said. If they're good enough to dominate in the upcoming Olympics, they would've already dominated in the same ways Sha'Carri has.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
I never said any of that. I said no other person on her team would steal her shine if they perform well in the Olympics. That's what you said. If they're good enough to dominate in the upcoming Olympics, they would've already dominated in the same ways Sha'Carri has.

Richardson has never even been in the Olympics to make the assumption that she would dominate :dwillhuh:

FlexPavilion

Enshrined
Supporter
Daps
Richardson has never even been in the Olympics to make the assumption that she would dominate :dwillhuh:

:what: When did I say that or make that assumption? What's going on in your head, breh? READ what I said. Read it twice if you need to. I said her nameless teammates would not steal her spotlight and/or potential endorsement opportunities if they perform well at the Olympics. Stop quoting if you struggle with reading comprehension.