Serious question: for those of you in relationships with non-black spouses...

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
How is your other half responding to what’s going on?

Are they empathetic?

Are they indifferent?

Have they called the protestors thugs?

Or maybe you’re indifferent yourself, as to not upset your s/o.

I doubt this thread will get any replies because I know honesty on here is scarce... but, I’ll tag some of you later in case you miss this thread. :smile:
My other half is in media and has been in the frontlines of these protests with a camera for years and we talk about social ills all the time and did before we were together. One of the reasons I'm with her is her knowledge and level of insight matched mine. Plus our values and upbringing are similar. These are relatable things.

I've been in Toronto for years and I'll say something controversial. People being Black doesn't denote them understanding racism or even caring much to discuss it. :mjpls:

Don't switch up who you are based on who you are dating. Talk to everyone the same and you will see who is in the know and supports you and who isn't. Even in your own race.

Collateral

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Bumblebreh

Collecting honey and money
Daps
My other half is in media and has been in the frontlines of these protests with a camera for years and we talk about social ills all the time and did before we were together. One of the reasons I'm with her is her knowledge and level of insight matched mine. Plus our values and upbringing are similar. These are relatable things.

I've been in Toronto for years and I'll say something controversial. People being Black doesn't denote them understanding racism or even caring much to discuss it. :mjpls:

Don't switch up who you are based on who you are dating. Talk to everyone the same and you will see who is in the know and supports you and who isn't. Even in your own race.

torontian pawgs

:wow:

StretfordRed

Afro-European
Daps
Mrs is Asian/White.

She doesn’t post on IG and I’m not on FB so no idea if she’s reposting stuff, but I posted on my IG about racism in the Asian community and a few hours later when I was ordering food from her laptop she had threads open about Asian and black racial relations.

But she’s cut from a different cloth based on her religion/beliefs.

Carlton Banks

Upper Class
Supporter
Daps
Don't get passive now..

Just say black people incapable of leading and we need white people to wipe our noses.. :manny:

How'd you get that out of my post ? :childplease:

You're clearly projecting cuz that's what YOU think :ufdup:

Why you reaching so hard? Who are you? Did I put you on the list or something? :dahell:

Last edited:

Wildhundreds

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
How'd you get that out of my post ? :childplease:

You're clearly projecting cuz that's what YOU think :ufdup:

Why you reaching so hard? Who are you? Did I put you on the list or something? :dahell:

You get amnesia real quick..

Lets go over our short dialog..

Unpopular Truth The Coli doesn't wanna hear:

We need white allies and allies of different races if we want to win this fight.

You said we NEED white allies and you are correct, but then i asked you this:

Yeah, and black people need to lead all of them white allies.. And instruct them people what WE want done..

Do you think thats possible? :sas1:

If we have white allies, they need to listen to us, because racism is a white problem.. So how can the people with the problem be the allies that lead us? Then your response below:

Yeah sure whatever :yeshrug:

"Yeah sure whatever".. :childplease:

Anyone with half a brain knows thats a sarcastic response..

Now when it comes to running to the polls to vote, you got plenty to say..

I just notice you don't have any input about black people doing shyt, if white people aren't involved..