Serious discussion: what's wrong with eating pork?

Geek Nasty

Brain Knowledgeably Whizzy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Kakalaka
Somebody already mentioned it but pathogens. Pork can be dangerous if you don’t cook it well. My grandma got a cyst from undercooked pork. I bet its dangerous to handle raw too.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
I just don't eat it. I figure there are enough meats to consume (pause) that aren't great for you in the long run, might as well knock some out the diet with an eye on longer life. I'll eat red meat but not regularly, and I just avoid pork unless it happens to be inside a dish that was prepared for me (like small bacon pieces in beans, for instance).

Mega

Superstar
Daps
Chicken does the exact same. A chicken will eat whatever you throw in front of it.

The honest answer to this thread is there is absolutely nothing wrong with eating pork. We live in a society where we are spoiled with choice and abundance. That’s the only reason people can afford to be picky about what they are consuming. The human body is equipped to process just about anything you put in your mouth as long as it’s not overeaten.

I guess there’s a religious component to it, but that’s another topic.
I grew up spending my summers on my grandparents farm.
I've personally never seen chicken eat sh!t. Pigs & Ducks yes. But chicken nope.

OneManGang

Veteran
Daps
I grew up spending my summers on my grandparents farm.
I've personally never seen chicken eat sh!t. Pigs & Ducks yes. But chicken nope.
Let Me Google That

I don’t know what to tell you, it’s a regular occurrence. But not to derail the pork thread, do pigs do it any more than any other farm animal? Highly debatable, and not enough of a difference to me to call them dirtier than your average farm animal.

RhodyRum

Mark Gassed-A-Heaux
Daps
Reppin
The Great Green North
Somebody already mentioned it but pathogens. Pork can be dangerous if you don’t cook it well. My grandma got a cyst from undercooked pork. I bet its dangerous to handle raw too.

Poultry is the same way. In fact the stringier your meat, the more pathogens will be in your raw meat, thus the longer you need to cook it. This is conversely why you can eat steak damn near raw.

Beef is like a wall of tissue. It's lack of stringiness keeps the majority of the nasty stuff on the surface of the meat cut. Cook it for 3 minutes per side on higher heat, surface pathogens die of, and now the cut is safely edible.

You need to cook chicken and pork longer so that the heat penetrates the muscle fibers and kill everything that burrowed its way into the meat. Because the muscle fibers are softer and less dense, the microbes can infiltrate deeper.

That's it, thats literally the only reason why certain animals will make you sicker than others. It has nothing to do with any curses from a sky fairy, being pro-Black, or whatever mumbo jumbo your grandparents taught you.

So remember Coli, as long as it's been handled properly, put that meat all in ya mouf! :blessed:

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Poultry is the same way. In fact the stringier your meat, the more pathogens will be in your raw meat, thus the longer you need to cook it. This is conversely why you can eat steak damn near raw.

Beef is like a wall of tissue. It's lack of stringiness keeps the majority of the nasty stuff on the surface of the meat cut. Cook it for 3 minutes per side on higher heat, surface pathogens die of, and now the cut is safely edible.

You need to cook chicken and pork longer so that the heat penetrates the muscle fibers and kill everything that burrowed its way into the meat. Because the muscle fibers are softer and less dense, the microbes can infiltrate deeper.

That's it, thats literally the only reason why certain animals will make you sicker than others. It has nothing to do with any curses from a sky fairy, being pro-Black, or whatever mumbo jumbo your grandparents taught you.

So remember Coli, as long as it's been handled properly, put that meat all in ya mouf! :blessed:
:blessed:

.... wait
:dame: