serious discussion: Drake HAS to be an industry plant, no?

Daps
Reppin
NULL
You realize the Owl is a reference to Athena, the goddess of wisdom right?

Then again when you treat this whole Drake fiasco like the recession of 2008 I see how it's easy to over look the basics.

At the base level.On a superficial level, it can mean anything to anybody.

You don't get the more profound/esoteric knowledge behind it unless you're initiated

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
  1. Now that his credibility as a spitter is gone, let's talk foreal. I've never seen some shyt like this: ever.
  2. I don't know if people really understand how bad this is for the genre as a whole.
  3. Like I said, in the past I :troll: 'd drake fans on this board just for fun. IRL I listened to him. I just knew how soft his fans were and how much they so I used to do little :troll: shyt to anger @ISOMELO and the rest of them. Just flat out being anti Drake on everything and watching them accuse me of insanity while I got the nikka in my ear sometimes :mjlol:

With this though? I'm not trolling. This is actually problem. This Is seriously not good for Hip Hop. The biggest rapper in the world has been exposed for having ghostwriters and you got a whole bunch of people moving the goal posts AFTER they hear a reference track which he copied word for word. Not only that, but seeing how the masses, celebrities, news reporters, companies, all :cape: without even a second thought. These are the same people who normally love to tear rappers down. They destroyed Kanye for that Taylor Swift incident.

The same media that always talks about how negative hip hop is. White people :cape: for someone who raps about drugs, strippers, guns and uses the word "nikka" more than any rapper in history.

There's something behind that. Not even on some conspiracy theory shyt. There has to be something there. It's unheard of. That's deeper than music. Those Jewish connects gotta be real, or he's just someone who they want to remain the face of a black genre.

Think about it, you didn't see ONE negative article about him at all during this whole shyt. Not one. Not one journalist took the chance to slander him. Every Hip Hop station, website, everyone flat out :cape:

I've never seen some shyt like that. I've never seen the industry or better yet a group of different industries cape in unison for someone like that. Ever.

Dude really was a plant the whole time. It's the only thing that makes sense. From his rapid ascension, to their refusal to let him fall. He's a plant. Right?

I didn't even know Industry Plants was a thing until I started regularly visiting The Booth these last couple months. But yeah, it's obvious he's a plant. There WAY TOO MUCH pointing in that direction.

But what's really making me go :mindblown:, is always seeing nikkas discuss & accusing artists of being Industry Plants all the time on this forum. Now it's looking obvious Drake is an Industry Plant and nikkas don't want to talk about it. They too busy caping for him.

Maschine_Man

Banned
Supporter
Daps
orrrr.........maybe this just proves there were more Degrassi stans than ppl would like to admit.

Or not :russ:

TruDatz

All Star
Daps
Breh, damn near every top rapper gets accused of having ghostwriters at least once in their career. It's almost like a right of passage :heh:

Where's the receipts tho? Where's the reference tracks? If there's no tangible proof, it should be in one ear, out the other. It's like keeping Mike Piazza out the Hall of Fame because you SUSPECT he used steroids, but you have NO PROOF.

Dream Hampton heard 6 reference tracks Nas used. Nobody called someone as respected in hip hop as Dream Hampton a liar. Nobody from Nas camp denied the reference tracks. The point is, it didnt take away from the FACT that people still recognized Nas as a prolific lyricist.

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Nah we don't know at this point.

Look how the guy who exposed him a ghostwriter got turned into a villain overnight.

Even the fukking girl who did the complex reported was taking shots at Meek

That just doesn't happen.
Because you guys are delusional. This ain't for the culture or a rap beef. Twitter hoe has yet to spit bars. This is out of spite and emotion. That simp is jealous.

2manyFCKNrappers

mentally i measure kilos
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
this is an obvious L for the culture of hip hop. we've blatantly seen the direct higher up connections he has come out in full force to save his reputation from being completely demolished. there is apart of me that really is furious. it's a industry plant thing. it's an oppresion thing. it's favoritism. it's corporate greed. it's biting. there's so many angles to this that would infuriate a person who literally grew up in the culture.

i'm watching something that was black turn white and lose it's soul. i can clearly see how wrong this is while just about everyone else is cosigning it because they either don't want to be on the wrong side or just want to go along with what's cool....or you're just not going to say anything because you don't want to ruffle any feathers. the whole entire point of hip hop has been to ruffle feathers. hip hop has been calling out phonies, fakes and imitators since it's inception. faking and biting whether consensual or not is a cardinal sin in this game and right before my eyes i'm watching it become celebrated.

this one event opens the floodgates for a different type of artist to enter the scene. one that doesn't have to prove themselves with the skill of a real mc. this is the artist they wanted all along but couldn't push because at one time the public wouldn't stand for it. a hip hop artist/rapper that's using someone elses lines? get the fukk out of here. but now....within a weeks time, it's all good. this is okay....kids are rooting for this. adults are rooting for this. everything hip hop stood for is reversed because one guy had all the money and power backing him. hip hop started out as an authentic means to communicate a narrative of the ghetto when there were no suits of any kind paying attention. it was the voice of the mc telling his or her own truth.

i can't say i haven't known for a long time that hip hop has been controlled by money but this is different. this is the reversal of everything that it's about. you have a half black and white jew from upper suburbia using the platform to assert himself to the top with his television connections, just like a white kid who's father works at a major corporation. he can use daddy's position for an internship and later take over the company in a few short years without any real work put in. then you have meek....a clear child and product of the ghetto...grew up in the meanest streets in philly and well known in the battle scene. he grinded his way out. the streets spoke for him when ross came to philly. the streets told ross that he had to see about this kid meek....not connections,

now meek is the fraud and drake is the hero. drake is the creative genius and meek is the loud mouthed goon. the soft spoken Canadian who manages to get a 20 million deal with apple, host the espys and have his image plastered on billboards with nas biggie and rakim is now the face of the culture. yet he has others writing for him....this shyt just blows my mind. i'm witnessing a sad day in hip hop history but i'm just going to keep it moving. like someone said in another thread....hip hop belongs to the suits now. they knew what they were doing from day 1 with drake.

onelastdeath

Banned
Daps
I didn't even know Industry Plants was a thing until I started regularly visiting The Booth these last couple months. But yeah, it's obvious he's a plant. There WAY TOO MUCH pointing in that direction.

But what's really making me go :mindblown:, is always seeing nikkas discuss & accusing artists of being Industry Plants all the time on this forum. Now it's looking obvious Drake is an Industry Plant and nikkas don't want to talk about it. They too busy caping for him.
:sas1:

Mr Clean

Superstar
Daps
What other candidates would the people paying the bills replace Drake with as the face of hip hop? How many demographics are buying his shyt? That moist ass nikka is like the messiah to them execs. They finally got someone that'll play ball. Not tied to some street shyt that they might get caught up in eventually. Not even the least bit unstable. Drake ain't going to jail for shyt, he probably hasn't even had a speeding ticket. He's here to stay brehs.

And when he does he's gonna be a legend :francis:

onelastdeath

Banned
Daps
this is an obvious L for the culture of hip hop. we've blatantly seen the direct higher up connections he has come out in full force to save his reputation from being completely demolished. there is apart of me that really is furious. it's a industry plant thing. it's an oppresion thing. it's favoritism. it's corporate greed. it's biting. there's so many angles to this that would infuriate a person who literally grew up in the culture.

i'm watching something that was black turn white and lose it's soul. i can clearly see how wrong this is while just about everyone else is cosigning it because they either don't want to be on the wrong side or just want to go along with what's cool....or you're just not going to say anything because you don't want to ruffle any feathers. the whole entire point of hip hop has been to ruffle feathers. hip hop has been calling out phonies, fakes and imitators since it's inception. faking and biting whether consensual or not is a cardinal sin in this game and right before my eyes i'm watching it become celebrated.

this one event opens the floodgates for a different type of artist to enter the scene. one that doesn't have to prove themselves with the skill of a real mc. this is the artist they wanted all along but couldn't push because at one time the public wouldn't stand for it. a hip hop artist/rapper that's using someone elses lines? get the fukk out of here. but now....within a weeks time, it's all good. this is okay....kids are rooting for this. adults are rooting for this. everything hip hop stood for is reversed because one guy had all the money and power backing him. hip hop started out as an authentic means to communicate a narrative of the ghetto when there were no suits of any kind paying attention. it was the voice of the mc telling his or her own truth.

i can't say i haven't known for a long time that hip hop has been controlled by money but this is different. this is the reversal of everything that it's about. you have a half black and white jew from upper suburbia using the platform to assert himself to the top with his television connections, just like a white kid who's father works at a major corporation. he can use daddy's position for an internship and later take over the company in a few short years without any real work put in. then you have meek....a clear child and product of the ghetto...grew up in the meanest streets in philly and well known in the battle scene. he grinded his way out. the streets spoke for him when ross came to philly. the streets told ross that he had to see about this kid meek....not connections,

now meek is the fraud and drake is the hero. drake is the creative genius and meek is the loud mouthed goon. the soft spoken Canadian who manages to get a 20 million deal with apple, host the espys and have his image plastered on billboards with nas biggie and rakim is now the face of the culture. yet he has others writing for him....this shyt just blows my mind. i'm witnessing a sad day in hip hop history but i'm just going to keep it moving. like someone said in another thread....hip hop belongs to the suits now. they knew what they were doing from day 1 with drake.
:mjcry: I deadass felt so deflated reading this entire thing.

The God Poster

LWO representa
Daps
Reppin
NULL
  1. Now that his credibility as a spitter is gone, let's talk foreal. I've never seen some shyt like this: ever.
  2. I don't know if people really understand how bad this is for the genre as a whole.
  3. Like I said, in the past I :troll: 'd drake fans on this board just for fun. IRL I listened to him. I just knew how soft his fans were and how much they so I used to do little :troll: shyt to anger @ISOMELO and the rest of them. Just flat out being anti Drake on everything and watching them accuse me of insanity while I got the nikka in my ear sometimes :mjlol:

With this though? I'm not trolling. This is actually problem. This Is seriously not good for Hip Hop. The biggest rapper in the world has been exposed for having ghostwriters and you got a whole bunch of people moving the goal posts AFTER they hear a reference track which he copied word for word. Not only that, but seeing how the masses, celebrities, news reporters, companies, all :cape: without even a second thought. These are the same people who normally love to tear rappers down. They destroyed Kanye for that Taylor Swift incident.

The same media that always talks about how negative hip hop is. White people :cape: for someone who raps about drugs, strippers, guns and uses the word "nikka" more than any rapper in history.

There's something behind that. Not even on some conspiracy theory shyt. There has to be something there. It's unheard of. That's deeper than music. Those Jewish connects gotta be real, or he's just someone who they want to remain the face of a black genre.

Think about it, you didn't see ONE negative article about him at all during this whole shyt. Not one. Not one journalist took the chance to slander him. Every Hip Hop station, website, everyone flat out :cape:

I've never seen some shyt like that. I've never seen the industry or better yet a group of different industries cape in unison for someone like that. Ever.

Dude really was a plant the whole time. It's the only thing that makes sense. From his rapid ascension, to their refusal to let him fall. He's a plant. Right?
Not that I agree with the Plant stuff, because Drake can rap. The fact the Label put a stop to the other reference tracks is the most telling and damming thing of the whole situation. As much as drake fans say it didn't matter, the fact the label put the lawyers on flex lets you know they were in fear of MAJOR backlash

Hood Critic

The Power Circle
Daps
Reppin
דעת
the only way to settle this is for everybody involved to catch a fade. i'm being 100% serious. Meek wanted to expose him and then let somebody back him down so after all that "i'm from the hood talk.." he looking like a sucker. every bar Drake spits from now on is going to look funny in the light. so now not only is he the snuggle soft rapper that people diss for fun, he don't even write most of the sh*t he brags about. Safaree or whatever his name is, using the opportunity to catch a buzz. Nicki is even more gassed and Flex is just Flex.

everybody involved in this as the world turns sh*t is looking like a bunch of natural born hoes.

onelastdeath

Banned
Daps
I like his music but it's plain as day he was a plant. It is what it is :manny:
Nah it can't be ignored. This can't be it is what it is. People doing that shyt with black genres of the past is why they all turned white.

This is catastrophic. This is very serious.

Billy Ocean

Divine Universal Black Man Representin'
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
Dream Hampton heard 6 reference tracks Nas used. Nobody called someone as respected in hip hop as Dream Hampton a liar. Nobody from Nas camp denied the reference tracks. The point is, it didnt take away from the FACT that people still recognized Nas as a prolific lyricist.

:russ::russ::russ::russ::russ::russ::russ::russ::russ::russ::russ::russ::russ:

That b!tch Dream Hampton is the biggest Jay-Z cocksucker on the face of the Earth. The b!tch is a clown. Where's the reference tracks she heard? And why both Dead Prez and Jay Elec outright called those claims ridiculous.

Again, where is the tangible evidence??????