serious discussion: Drake HAS to be an industry plant, no?

Billy Ocean

Divine Universal Black Man Representin'
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
He did. He definitely did

2006 he drops a local mixtape. A year later he drops comeback season with features from prominent artists.

2009 he drops So Far Gone and it blows up like nothing you've ever seen before. 4-5 months after he drops his mixtape he's shooting sprite commercials. Mixtape gets nom's for a Grammy.

Now, he gets exposed and multiple industries :cape: and insert themselves into Hip Hop drama to save him.

Dude makes mysoginistic content in a generation where feminists are flat out destroying people and no one says anything.

He's the ambassador of a family friendly league when his music is about drugs, sex, guns and violence.

Multiple endorsements despite the content of his music.

This hasn't happened before.

And let's not forget he's an actor with Jew connects.

SuburbanPimp

Giving game to lames since the 90s
Daps
Reppin
In Dallas, From Cleveland
Bruh, I been saying this for a while.

So Far Gone is a perfect example.

Underground artist don't get that kind of production and features on their albums and this was supposed to be a mixtape?

The fact that the song that really put him on " The Best I ever had" was already damn near made and written by Kia Shine and Lil Wayne

Isn't it weird that we don't see any old clips of Drake rapping or freestyling when he younger or coming up?

Like when was he honing his craft?

He didn't make any tracks or music before Comeback Season?

It's all a lil questionable when you compare it to other successful rappers

TruDatz

All Star
Daps

iFightSeagullsForBread

The Working Class Hero
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere in Chicago
He's part Jewish + an actor who calls himself the "6 God" while wearing Bohemian Grove/Owl shirts.

Jokes on you if you can't see it

You realize the Owl is a reference to Athena, the goddess of wisdom right?

Then again when you treat this whole Drake fiasco like the recession of 2008 I see how it's easy to over look the basics.

onelastdeath

Banned
Daps
I dont know if some of yall are young or what but people accusing rappers of having ghostwriters aint new. Y'all forget about Nas ghostwriting controversy?

Nas (May) Have Had a Ghost Writer on a Few Songs. Who Gives a shyt? | VICE | United States

Here's an article talking about how Nas ghostwriter accusations "don't matter" : Nas’ Ghostwriting Controversy and Why It Doesn’t Matter | SPIN

So is Nas a plant too?

This shyt aint new in hip hop
Only we're not accusing Drake. This isn't an accusation. This is a fact.

onelastdeath

Banned
Daps
We lost. We just had another one of art forms ripped from us. AGAIN :mad:

We gave up Rock. We gave up Jazz. And now we're giving up Rap. Because you spineless nikkas wanna ride the wave instead of keeping a buck.

Black people talking about authenticity doesn't matter anymore and letting white people dictate what's accepted and what's okay in our culture is fukking crazy.

You should all be ashamed of yourself. I'm not angry at Drake. I'm angry that you people let some fukking Jews invade and sellout our culture AGAIN.

TruDatz

All Star
Daps
Only we're not accusing Drake. This isn't an accusation. This is a fact.

No offense bruh you sound like a child with that response. thought this thread title said serious discussion so lets have it. Nas was accused b/c Consequence, Jay Elect and others co wrote on some tracks. How is this any different? If you choose to believe cowriters= ghostwriter then you have to implicate a lot of other rappers in the game.

Billy Ocean

Divine Universal Black Man Representin'
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
I dont know if some of yall are young or what but people accusing rappers of having ghostwriters aint new. Y'all forget about Nas ghostwriting controversy?

Nas (May) Have Had a Ghost Writer on a Few Songs. Who Gives a shyt? | VICE | United States

Here's an article talking about how Nas ghostwriter accusations "don't matter" : Nas’ Ghostwriting Controversy and Why It Doesn’t Matter | SPIN

So is Nas a plant too?

This shyt aint new in hip hop

Breh, damn near every top rapper gets accused of having ghostwriters at least once in their career. It's almost like a right of passage :heh:

Where's the receipts tho? Where's the reference tracks? If there's no tangible proof, it should be in one ear, out the other. It's like keeping Mike Piazza out the Hall of Fame because you SUSPECT he used steroids, but you have NO PROOF.

onelastdeath

Banned
Daps
No offense bruh you sound like a child with that response. thought this thread title said serious discussion so lets have it. Nas was accused b/c Consequence, Jay Elect and others co wrote on some tracks. How is this any different? If you choose to believe cowriters= ghostwriter then you have to implicate a lot of other rappers in the game.
We didn't hear reference tracks for Nas. Jay Elec said it never happened.