Sega losing money on xbox deals it seems, post 6.6 billion yen loss

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Sega never was known for having good business sense :yeshrug:

Sonic games have been good lately :yeshrug: as long as Sonic Frontiers gets a sequel I'm good

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Sony stan’s mad at sega cause final fantasy flopped :mjlol:

i’m not even sure where “automation media” got their info.

Could be a bad A.I. written story :lupe:

Y’all down bad in here :mjlol:

Like a Dragon: Infinite Wealth, for example, sold a million copies within its first week on release, making it the fastest-selling game in the Like a Dragon (nee Yakuza) series.

Persona 3 Reload achieved the same feat for not only its own series, but also publisher Atlus in general, while strategy game Unicorn Overlord achieved 500,000 sales within its first few weeks on release, which isn't too shabby for a niche developer like Vanillaware.

Sega games doing just fine :wow:

Last edited:

drifter

Superstar
Daps
Hope they still aint butturt bout the Dreamcast like their stans :wow:
I've been on a vg history kick lately and rn looking at a ton of Dreamcast deep dives, articles etc

I see a lot of stuff like "Dreamcast didn't fail, we failed the Dreamcast" :heh:

I mean I get it that bootup is probably the GOAT made by the GOAT Ryuichi Sakamoto. And if aint, it's only second to PS1s. And it had some potential with the VMU even though it's kind of a gimmick and exclusives were strong

It was rushed to beat the PS2 out, Sega NA actually made the best Dreamcast prototype and it got scrapped for the Japanese one & pissed the publishers off. Customers were already pissed off from the Saturn. A lot of the games weren't even made for it, just straight arcade rips. You couldn't even pause some games bc you can't pause arcade machines :dead:

Looking back after all this time, it was almost like a cash grab before Sony came and wrecked their shyt permanently. Almost like they knew it was gonna happen, worried about it, and threw shyt at the wall and the shyt just happened to be the Dreamcast. Those that rushed out and got one are now on the internet living out their childhood. You have to buy a keyboard & mouse to play shooters on the motherfukker lmao c'mon now

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Sony Stans not even trying to mask the lies now :francis:

Same way as Squeenix.

Square Enix is plotting a three-year plan it hopes will spur long-term growth, including a shift to multiplatform development. Square Enix recently absorbed a $140 million "content abandonment" loss due to canceling multiple unannounced projects, and has reportedly elevated a new group of creators, according to a Bloomberg report.
but threads were made about them losing because of exclusive games :mjlol:

Umoja

Veteran
Daps
I've been on a vg history kick lately and rn looking at a ton of Dreamcast deep dives, articles etc

I see a lot of stuff like "Dreamcast didn't fail, we failed the Dreamcast" :heh:

I mean I get it that bootup is probably the GOAT made by the GOAT Ryuichi Sakamoto. And if aint, it's only second to PS1s. And it had some potential with the VMU even though it's kind of a gimmick and exclusives were strong

It was rushed to beat the PS2 out, Sega NA actually made the best Dreamcast prototype and it got scrapped for the Japanese one & pissed the publishers off. Customers were already pissed off from the Saturn. A lot of the games weren't even made for it, just straight arcade rips. You couldn't even pause some games bc you can't pause arcade machines :dead:

Looking back after all this time, it was almost like a cash grab before Sony came and wrecked their shyt permanently. Almost like they knew it was gonna happen, worried about it, and threw shyt at the wall and the shyt just happened to be the Dreamcast. Those that rushed out and got one are now on the internet living out their childhood. You have to buy a keyboard & mouse to play shooters on the motherfukker lmao c'mon now
You sound like a stupid son of a bytch.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
This fukking punctuation, stop STOP PLEASE. :bryan::bryan::huhldup:
Sony stan’s :mjlol:

IMG-7613.jpg

Like i said it’s Siri. She thinks you clowns are possessive i guess :manny:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:mjlol: They say this literally every time.

Square Enix never has their expectations met.

Same with XV, they had a personal goal of 10 million for XV which after 5 years finally "met expectations" and NOT necessarily implying that it didn't turn a profit earlier.

If they're releasing a game and expecting it to sell 10 million units in a few weeks and it doesn't, that's on them for having lofty and unreasonable goals. FFXV took 5 years and that game was on every platform