Sega, IO Interactive, Bungie & more were acquisition targets for Microsoft in 2021 (emails leaked claiming to ‘spend’ Sony out of business)

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Like what?
Prove this claim.
Nah yall got google.

You up and down these coli forums all day talking exclusives you probably playing one now. I'm not about to entertain yall by making a laundry list of games. When yall hollering exclusives day in and out, and championing how Xbox has none and PS has them all.

And we know Sony 1st party studios alone aint dropping enough games to make yall feel like that

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Nah yall got google.

You up and down these coli forums all day talking exclusives you probably playing one now. I'm not about to entertain yall by making a laundry list of games. When yall hollering exclusives day in and out, and championing how Xbox has none and PS has them all.

And we know Sony 1st party studios alone aint dropping enough games to make yall feel like that
It's on the person making the claim to prove it. I'm not doing your homework for you.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Yet they’re spending 70b+ instead
Different deal with different goals.

You guys try to take one thing out of context to build your own narrative.

If you are gonna use that email of evidence of anything. You gotta use the entire email. He’s clearly not talking about activision or even acquisitions.

He’s talking about moneyhats. And he’s not even saying they WILL do it. He’s saying they COULD do it, and They clearly decided against that strategy when they decided to purchase activison and keep their games multiplat.

Umoja

Veteran
Daps
Don't really know how any one can read the emails and be comfortable with the way Microsoft conducts its business. Just taking gaming out of the equation. It reflects what is wrong in the world.

On the back of their claims of being able to spend Sony out of business they say the following "If we think that video game content matters in 10 years, we might look back and say 'Totally would have been worth it to lose $2b or $3b to avoid a situation where Tencent, Google, Amazon or even Sony have become the Disney of games and own most of the valuable content".

It is fukked up that powerhouse companies are at liberty to just observe industries from the outside and then throw around their weight to gain control in the event that shows promise.

I want to be clear and say the fault isn't just with Mircrosoft on this one. We live in a world where more and more industries are becoming centralised. It is effectively impossible for new players to enter the game (no pun intended) because the big dogs will drive them out the moment they see there's money to be made.

An example outside the gaming industry is Muzmatch. Match offered to buy the company out for 15 million, when they wouldn't sell they took them to court claiming the name was too similar to their brand and somehow won. Now the company owes them millions in legal fees.

I'm surprised that so many people are short sighted on this issue. I naively thought people were growing wary of these big companies expanding their reach. I thought that alarm bells would ring that if they're willing to sacrifice so much now, it is because they expect and even greater reward in the future and that that reward will come at the expense of consumers once they have complete control of the market.

:francis:

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Don't really know how any one can read the emails and be comfortable with the way Microsoft conducts its business. Just taking gaming out of the equation. It reflects what is wrong in the world.

On the back of their claims of being able to spend Sony out of business they say the following "If we think that video game content matters in 10 years, we might look back and say 'Totally would have been worth it to lose $2b or $3b to avoid a situation where Tencent, Google, Amazon or even Sony have become the Disney of games and own most of the valuable content".

It is fukked up that powerhouse companies are at liberty to just observe industries from the outside and then throw around their weight to gain control in the event that shows promise.

I want to be clear and say the fault isn't just with Mircrosoft on this one. We live in a world where more and more industries are becoming centralised. It is effectively impossible for new players to enter the game (no pun intended) because the big dogs will drive them out the moment they see there's money to be made.

An example outside the gaming industry is Muzmatch. Match offered to buy the company out for 15 million, when they wouldn't sell they took them to court claiming the name was too similar to their brand and somehow won. Now the company owes them millions in legal fees.

I'm surprised that so many people are short sighted on this issue. I naively thought people were growing wary of these big companies expanding their reach. I thought that alarm bells would ring that if they're willing to sacrifice so much now, it is because they expect and even greater reward in the future and that that reward will come at the expense of consumers once they have complete control of the market.

:francis:
Act like Sony isn't a big company brehs
Act like sony hasn't been throwing their weight around.
MS is just in a different weight class
And for decades they haven't even been swing at full force