Sega Genesis Is The GOAT And Most Durable System

dabestkeptsecret

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
jerz
sonic was way better than mario on snes. The music alone is timeless. SNES did have better games overall with the better street fighter joints, killer instinct, star fox, donkey kong, f zero, mario kart ect...

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Don't understand how a hip hop forum can ride for that swagless simp Mario over sonic

Say what you want about these games he's in now (They've both been in their share of :flabbynsick: games)
but Super Mario 3/World/64/RPG/Galaxy stay crushing the buildings

Stacking paper with his suit game on point :mjpls:

Frog,%20Hammer,%20Tanookie%20suits%20-%20Super%20Mario%20Bros%203.png

Chilling with his side chick :mjpls:

7466849974_6a4a043040_z.jpg

Dude was straight ruthless :mjpls:

2a6v7z4yy7.jpg

Yoshi_falling_by_SilentKV.jpg

(Sonic is still piff though :salute:)

Doctor Wily

CapcomSwag
Daps
The greatest sports exclusive of ALL Time is on the Genesis :hmm:

Last edited by a moderator:

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
Don't understand how a hip hop forum can ride for that swagless simp Mario over sonic

really tho, this isn't much of a hip-hop forum anymore.

have you seen the booth these days?

Mutant League Football Sega Mega Drive Genesis - YouTube

yes.

even the pseudo-sports games were gully.

1) I said that in my OP you fukking idiot:katt:

2) Its not fact. What is this myth that Genesis was the mature, adult console? They both were the same content wise. The only mainstream M(that would be comparable to the M games of today)rated titles that I can think of off top in my head in those days were MK and Doom. They were on both systems(or on the Sega CD/32x in sega's case)

3) LMAO. The **** argument. Carry on

4) So calling me a dweed, dikkhead, and other insults when I didn't come at you like that at all isn't deflecting?:katt:

5) Thats what I did in my OP before you went off on a menstrual tangent

6) Agree to disagree. I just felt they were more entertaining, enjoyable titles

Breh, no one really fukked with sports games in the 16 bit era. It was all about platforming, RPGS, and fighting. Now in your case it may have been different but for the general public it wasn't. Console sports games sucked for the most part outside NBA Jam, techmo bowl, and arcade titles. They picked up steam in the next era with some quality football games on the PS1 but 64 sports games were atrocious. You didn't really get good, memorable sports titles until 2k came on the scene. They really forced EA to step their game up. Thats when you saw a huge spike in the interest of sports titles

1.) stop hiding your hands. you came in here talkin chit, claiming that I got sonned and that I started this thread for some off-brand reason. bottom line: don't pop chit, then turn around and act innocent when the chit splatters all over your face. you come at my neck, im choppin yours off. its that simple.

2.) obviously, if you don't understand how the genesis was more mature, edgy, gully, etc etc than SNES by this point, then you never will. it has nothing to do with whatever the ratings were. people have actually broke it down in both this and the other thread. theres nothing left to say at this point.

3.) I don't know what a **** argument is. but if its of any relation to any of the silliness that you've been posting, then i'd rather not know at all.

4.) see #1

5.) see #1

6.) you can like what you like. but "super punchout" isn't even a sports game. the fact that youre even comparing that to holyfied is hilarious and just further proves my points and you don't even realize it, which is even more humorous.. are you going to compare "ready 2 rumble" to "knockout kings" next?

as for your last comment, its obvious that the genesis system just wasnt for you. it wasnt geared towards you and other gamers of your ilk. just leave it at that. and that's the beauty of that era. 2 legendary systems that had their own lanes but still inter-twined.

you don't even realize that sega sports and ea sports was going head up back in the day on some legendary chit. also, nobody cares about sports games being weak on N64. if you knew what you were speaking on, then you wouldn't even bother mentioning that system. playstation inherited the genesis crowd. and then sega got some followers back with dreamcast. off-top, the only tempting thing that the N64 had was that they had the best wrestling games. they had the goat wcw games and prolly the goat wwf game. all under THQ. but hey SNES held its own in the 16-bit wrestling wars as well.

Zebruh

The Illustrious
Supporter
Daps
Sonic was one of my fav games ever...But I knew as a youngin' I wasn't missing out on too much with Sega. Always played at my homies house, and it was dope, but after a while it became "Yo let's play Donkey Kong Country man, first to get game over loses."

Nothing will ever touch Super Mario RPG to me fam. NOTHING. Super Mario World + All-Stars(SMB3 is a GOAT) too. The SNES was so legendary, and the catalog(so many classics) more than backs it up. Genesis ain't messin' with the SNES at all.

Sad the Dreamcast failed, I was going hard on Sonic Adventures, Shenmue, Power Stones, and NFL Blitz. :wow:

llt23

All Star
Daps
I had a genesis growing up, but when i first played super mario world i was floored. Like damn, what ive been missing. Though the genesis is filled with classics. Theres a lot of games on it i loved that havent even been mentioned here yet.

and Sports games. remember how they were bigger cartridges, with that yellow shyt on them? NBA live.........hell even nhl games were dope. nhl 93 and 94....madden 97, nhl 97, live 95, live 97.

i remember as a kid we always thought the new nba live was gonna have jordan in it. For what reason i dont know. it never did. and roster guard #99 wasnt a good enough substitute!!!!

Jixson

Pro
Daps
Reppin
League of Legends
Bought one of those 3 in 1 consoles a few years ago so I didn't have to fight with swapping that shyt any more. :blessed:

I can play some Lost Viking or Super Wrestlemania or shyt Baseball Simulator 1000 and then swap that thing over to Genesis and play NBA Jam T.E. or some EA Tennis or some Maximum Carnage.

:ohlawd:

Mutant League Football Sega Mega Drive Genesis - YouTube

Am I the only one who ever watched the cartoon of this show? It was probably garbage, but I loved the shyt out of it back in the day.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
I had a genesis growing up, but when i first played super mario world i was floored. Like damn, what ive been missing. Though the genesis is filled with classics. Theres a lot of games on it i loved that havent even been mentioned here yet.

and Sports games. remember how they were bigger cartridges, with that yellow shyt on them? NBA live.........hell even nhl games were dope. nhl 93 and 94....madden 97, nhl 97, live 95, live 97.

i remember as a kid we always thought the new nba live was gonna have jordan in it. For what reason i dont know. it never did. and roster guard #99 wasnt a good enough substitute!!!!

yea, EA and EA Sports games had those signature cartridges.

140.jpg

Iamnoone

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NY
old video game consoles are like oldschool cars

they were just build to last and didn't have a bunch of cheap moving parts..

to keep it 100, after the Vita dropped and was basically able to create PS3 quality graphics on such a small cartridges i seriously expected PS4 games to have cartridges also.

I guess Blurays hold more space tho (someone correct me if my assumption is wrong)

discs are just easier, faster and cheaper to reproduce.
I wondered how come games weren't put on SD cards like a 32 gig or 64 gig card, it would hold soooo much data and take up little space, but flash memory just isnt reliable :manny: