Secret Invasion on Disney Plus starring Samuel L Jackson (out June 21st)

Dirty Mcdrawz

Your girl loves em....
Daps
At first I was thinking this show was just mid asf. Then I started thinking about the ending and overall plot of the show and I’m giving this shyt 2/10. Nothing makes sense…Gavik’s plan is dumb. Nick Fury leaving the planet worse than it was at the beginning of the show is dumb. Rhodey being an skrull is dumb.

Mortal1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Bay Area
Phase 1 and especially 2 were definitely shaky and MCU was propped up mainly because of how amazing phase 3 was, but Iron Man 1, Avengers 1, Winter Soldier, and Guardians 1 are absolutely some of the MCU's best.

He was in it for 10 seconds breh :pachaha:
True and he looked terrible and unlike the character from the book in those ten seconds. :mjgrin:

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
It’s definitely after Civil War and it had better be after Endgame. Because if Endgame Rhodey was a Skrull I will be upset.

I think it being after civil war gives it way more weight and “stakes” that people want because it’s a serious betrayal.

Most complaints aren’t really about the timeline, it’s about feeling slighted out of the emotional beats from a character, played by an amazing actor that hasn’t had a lot of emotional beats to begin with.

To me, Rhodey having to deal with the grief of missing Tony’s death, the blip and the fallout from the secret invasion in amor wars creates a ton of room for the character development he deserves.

And just because that was an imposter doesn’t mean those emotions shown weren’t real to a degree.

ColdSlither

Extensive Enterprises
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Elizabeth, NJ by way of East Orange
I think it being after civil war gives it way more weight and “stakes” that people want because it’s a serious betrayal.

Most complaints aren’t really about the timeline, it’s about feeling slighted out of the emotional beats from a character, played by an amazing actor that hasn’t had a lot of emotional beats to begin with.

To me, Rhodey having to deal with the grief of missing Tony’s death, the blip and the fallout from the secret invasion in amor wars creates a ton of room for the character development he deserves.

And just because that was an imposter doesn’t mean those emotions shown weren’t real to a degree.
Had the show been executed better I would be feeling that, but now I can’t. Because now I have -50% faith that Armor Wars will be any good.

SunZoo

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
Had the show been executed better I would be feeling that, but now I can’t. Because now I have -50% faith that Armor Wars will be any good.

I’ve been enjoying the shows more than the movies on average lately but it’s clear they have more respect (pocket less money) when it comes to the films.

Once Skrhodey was confirmed SI became more of a prequel to Armor Wars in my mind. Def not perfect but watching it on binge mode hit better than week to week.

Which means it should have just been a movie. :dry:

Even if they spent the same exact amount of money they’d still give it a more proper scale. The only MCU show that actually felt like it was made for TV was She-Hulk. Everything else would have been better on the big screen.

Hopefully them taking Armor Wars from Disney+ to the big screen means they saw the shortcomings of the project that leads into it.

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
206 & 734

So if it was anytime before endgame...that skrull was holding tony Starks in his arm, crying at his funeral, being real reserved, but, decided to say fukk it and tell admirals they're stupid as fukk in front of the president and take the mask off? I don't buy it...if so that's awful writing.

Had to be after end game or it makes no narrative sense (and he bled red blood in that movie)

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
So if it was anytime before endgame...that skrull was holding tony Starks in his arm, crying at his funeral, being real reserved, but, decided to say fukk it and tell admirals they're stupid as fukk in front of the president and take the mask off? I don't buy it...if so that's awful writing.

Had to be after end game or it makes no narrative sense (and he bled red blood in that movie)

:mjlol:WHY DO YALL KEEP DOING THIS?

IT DOESNT MATTER THAT
RHODEY WASNT A SKRULL
DURING THE EVENTS OF ENDGAME.

DISNEY IS GONNA MAKE HIM
A SKRULL DURING ENDGAME
ANF EVERYONE IS GONNA
HAVE TO IGNORE IT.
:devil:
:evil:

SunZoo

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.

- There are different levels to replication as shown in the show. You can eyeball a target for appearance like Grav does Fury to get the drop or it can go deeper and actually take on memories and emotions.

- In the comics sleeper skrulls actually believe they are the person they replicate up to a certain point, that’s deep, deep cover

- This isn’t like Varra finding a home in someone else’s skin to blend in for the rest of her life, he’s an asset who’s likely been assigned to multiple operatives. I thought Rhodey was acting real catty…like a bytch! Turns out he was a bytch… lol, the emotional flightiness shone through. Even with the memories the character traits of whoever is rocking the image will show themselves in certain situations.

- As for this notion that skrulls don't bleed red

The blood displays as red til the mirage wears off from death or grave injury.

:francis:

Last edited: