Seagate reveals prices for Ps5 ssd expansions

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
Sony responds

Hello fellow PlayStationers!!! It's awesome to be here, so, we at Sony would like to thank you all for waiting patiently for a year while we try to figure out a storage solution. And after all of our teams hard work and dedication we have, thanks to you, with the PS5 became the fastest selling console of all time. And also thanks to you, were going to have you guys beta test storage devices for us. After trial and error we won't compensate you for your hard work, but we will give you our gratitude because it's really about community and diversity. We at Sony believe in all of that. That's why we have no problem expecting children to open the console up and swap out the SSD. If you can't swap out an SSD then listen up single mom with kids who are computer illiterate. Just wait until 2023, by that time we'll have come up with a reliable solution

-Jim Ryan
2023 sounds about right :scust:

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Wait, you gotta take this bytch apart to install the SSD? :pachaha:
Nah, you just gotta snap off a side plate and remove a screw covering the drive bay and the one inside.

CCkNBCG.jpg

It just snaps into place.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I didn’t realize dude was being facetious lol.

it’s not that hard. Not like changing a laptop ssd or anything.
Not only is it relatively easy but it will be far cheaper. By next year you’ll be able to get a 2 tb SSD for like 150 on sale

the power of non proprietary 3rd party hardware. You get competitive pricing

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
Not only is it relatively easy but it will be far cheaper. By next year you’ll be able to get a 2 tb SSD for like 150 on sale

the power of non proprietary 3rd party hardware. You get competitive pricing
Instead of Dexter's lab the lyrics go "Where Lying is Man-da-tory!!!"

Gaming PC upgrades will cost a fortune as RAM and SSD prices continue to rise
:hula:
Enterprise SSD prices to rise over 10% in Q3, Samsung Electronics to gain
:hula:
SSD Prices Headed Up Amid Cryptocurrency Demand, Supply Constraints - ExtremeTech
The SSD controller shortage isn’t new and it’s not going away any time soon. Phison has said it expects controller supply to fall short of demand through at least 2022 – 2023.
I told you nikkaz Sony was gonna have y'all out here naked :scust: system came out in 2020 and you can't find a reasonably priced solution until year 3?

Y'all see I just caught that nikka lying again, this is the Sony way. Have fun not having fun my nikkaz :francis: