Seagate reveals prices for Ps5 ssd expansions

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
there are some real jackasses in this thread…don’t see how this is a console “war point”…I’m buying 1TB options for both and I definitely prefer this over xbox’s solution…anyway this is cheaper and fits my personal preference of having it internal…dunno how this is a “win/loss” discussion

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
just ordered—

WD black joint 1TB w/ heatsink $210

seagate xbox external expansion joint $220

…sony and MS won cuz I just paid close to $500 when you add tax/shipping for additional storage that should’ve been included for these next gen consoles that cost $500…both these shyts shoulda easily came with 2TBs out the box :yeshrug:

Golayitdown

Veteran
Daps
Didn’t know they were released. I’m pushing up against my limit already. Gonna have to drop the bread when deathloop drops

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Didn’t know they were released. I’m pushing up against my limit already. Gonna have to drop the bread when deathloop drops

SSD expansion might not be available to everyone then…seeing this beta doesn’t expire til 10/31 and these nikkas at sony is being stingy with the invitations…still bought mine tho while they have inventory

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
just ordered—

…sony and MS won cuz I just paid close to $500 when you add tax/shipping for additional storage that should’ve been included for these next gen consoles that cost $500…both these shyts shoulda easily came with 2TBs out the box :yeshrug:
What site you use?

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
you install? I see it on the site but is that the one that was being used?

not sure what you’re asking…I haven’t received it yet…just ordered it this morning…I can’t install it til they either invite me to the beta or rollout the update for everyone…and bestbuy’s site makes it clear which ones are compatible with the PS5 beta with a little blue sign

ill_will82

What you see, is what you get
Daps
just ordered—

What's the heat sink about? I think I may have to drop some bread now b/c my internal drive is short on space now. I was trying to play Cold War yesterday and the system told me I had to install after I already had the game save on my external drive.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
What's the heat sink about? I think I may have to drop some bread now b/c my internal drive is short on space now. I was trying to play Cold War yesterday and the system told me I had to install after I already had the game save on my external drive.

never heard the term til this thread…seems to be something you put the storage in that will help it keep cool inside the PS5…you can install the SSD w/o it but no one is recommending it…you can also buy your own heatsink to pair with any compatible SSD…I seen some suggestions for some on amazon that would’ve allowed me to save a couple bucks but just decided to get the WD shyt that included it and be done with it

Recommended PS5 Compatibile SSDs & Heatsinks – UPDATED – NAS Compares

Last edited:

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps

ill_will82

What you see, is what you get
Daps
never heard the term til this thread…seems to be something you put the storage in that will help it keep cool inside the PS5…you can install the SSD w/o it but no one is recommending it…you can also buy your own heatsink to pair with any compatible SSD…I seen some suggestions for some on amazon that would’ve allowed me to save a couple bucks but just decided to get the WD shyt that included it and be done with it

Recommended PS5 Compatibile SSDs & Heatsinks – UPDATED – NAS Compares

Thanks. I just got done watching a PS5 ssd install video. I know the beta tryout is going to email for certain customers so I'm a check mines and hopefully I got one or I can wait until the official update drops.