Sea of Thieves ..the new hype (PC/XBOX/PeasantStation5)

duncanthetall

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WHODEY/BIGBLUE/SNOWGANG/MIDNIGHTBOYZ
Surprised none of you bytches are talking about this *ahem*

This was low key one of my most anticipated games of the past few years. My anticipation for it has dwindled considerably the last year and a half or so. Thought eh I'll check the reviews, but then Sunday I heard that if you sign up for the Xbox game pass you can use it for free for 14 days. So downloaded this shyt on PC(Yes Xbox Game Pass works for Xbone and PC)

Link for info: How To Play 'Sea Of Thieves' On Xbox One Or PC For Free (If You Have Xbox Live Gold)
I've spent maybe 6 hrs with the game, after actually getting into the game. A good amount to see what it has to offer, I feel.

This game.....hmm. In one word: disappointing. I'm disappointed that for all the promise that is obviously there in the package, there is so little content. Everything you do in this game boils down to a fetch quest. Sailing the seas is fun depending on who your company is. My homie I was playing with, we can make the most retarded of things seem entertaining. But the actual gameplay is fairly mediocre. There is literally no leveling up of weapons. The only customization that you use your gold to pay for is cosmetic and even there really doesn't seem to be anything worth it. The gunplay is choppy and makes me wonder how much it was actually worked on. The sword play is a little tighter but pvp swordplay leaves much to be desired. Especially if you're trying to defend your booty. If shyts at stake and I'm one v one, I wanna know that if I die it's MY fault, not the jank's fault.

Where the game shines is with its navigation and actual sea faring. Haven't gotten into more than a couple naval battles. It gets sloppy sometimes but all in all, when you're on the water sailing around, it's just fun to work as an actual crew having to do things as a unit. That's also what is so disappointing about this game to me. All this time they've spent developing the game, all those years and years, and they were only able to give us a slight taste of what a pirate game should be. An easily repetitive, yet still somewhat fun taste. Still looking for that game that takes the pirating from AC: Black Flag and simply pumps it full of steroids.

I'm sure a year from now there will be articles claiming, "Sea of Thieves year 2 is almost a completely different game!" But I'm tired of developers throwing an idea out there and then building off on top of it well after they get paid and well after the early adopters have moved on to the next thing.

I'll play it for a while longer but probably cancel the game pass this week so I don't forget and end up getting charged for the shyt. Don't spend your hard earned on this one, yall.

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
ih7JxQD.jpg

:mjlol:

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
Another Xbox game thread started and dominated by non Xbox gamers :snoop:

So this game overtook pubg as the most streamed game on twitch a few months back BEFORE IT WAS RELEASED, the reviews have all been stellar. The coli has been silent. I might have to squad up and steal some booty :jbhmm:

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
My coworkers are playing right now in the office.

Definitely doesn't have to plug it in and go feel of a lot of the current heaters.

PS5 Pro

Daps
Reppin
My coworkers are playing right now in the office.

Definitely doesn't have to plug it in and go feel of a lot of the current heaters.
Here's what I'm seeing with this game. Society is fukked up, and people are looking for instant gratification. So if a game isn't readily accessible, its trash to the masses. This game carving a new genre means it won't catch on til enough people give it a real chance.

What I've noticed is after the initial learning curve is done, this game then becomes a fan favorite. I've seen it too many times recently, and the game is basically free to play for a few weeks for most. This game will explode imo. Just needs time for the masses to warm up to it...

duncanthetall

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WHODEY/BIGBLUE/SNOWGANG/MIDNIGHTBOYZ
Another Xbox game thread started and dominated by non Xbox gamers :snoop:

So this game overtook pubg as the most streamed game on twitch a few months back BEFORE IT WAS RELEASED, the reviews have all been stellar. The coli has been silent. I might have to squad up and steal some booty :jbhmm:
What reviews? Post them. I posted real impressions. I've been waiting for this game as long as anybody here. Who gives a fukk if I'm not on Xbone. Who cares who starts the thread? It's not about instant gratification. It's about delivering a solid product out the gate when you're charging $60. Stop being a shill.

I love that MS is really trying. But it's not working yet.

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What reviews? Post them. I posted real impressions. I've been waiting for this game as long as anybody here. Who gives a fukk if I'm not on Xbone. Who cares who starts the thread? It's not about instant gratification. It's about delivering a solid product out the gate when you're charging $60. Stop being a shill.

He is talking about the 63 this game has on opencritic and the 6.0 user review it has on metacritic. :ufdup:

:sadbron:

PS5 Pro

Daps
Reppin

From the last month people with early access been on it, it became the most viewed game on twitch. The Game after you get it down is a blast. All of that is news to you :mjlol:

Sea of Thieves is the top-viewed game on Twitch right now

So you saying a crappy Game can get that popular on twitch :usure:

Now you and the Sony stans can talk down the title all you like, but this game is being sponsored by BBB: Neva Loust :ufdup:

Hrcules

ayyy
Daps
All i see for this game are bad reviews

Microsoft keeps feeding you starving plebs shyt crumbs and you gobble them and call him daddy

Xbox brand is so embarrasing

This the shyt you xthots been hyping for like 4 years.. sad:scust: