Sea of thieves has become the fastest selling new ip this gen

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
It's the fastest selling new IP this gen is what the thread title says. You then double down and say it outsold Ni no Kuni 2. but you're not talking about sales though.

tenor.gif

196157.gif

:what:

:laff:
Read dipshyt. Actually quote my posts instead of making your own quotes to argue against:comeon:

I didn't say nobody is talking sales. I said nobody claimed the 2 million number was copies sold.

Let's make this easier for the viewers.

How much did it actually sell in whatever time frame is being used here in comparison to a past Xbox IP?

the how many unique users is online or w/e metric is irrelevant.

How much/fast did it sell in comparison to say something like Forza Horizon 3 or Halo 5 or Gears 4? No game pass spin or w/e.
Why are you even taking about any of this.

Let me explain it to you like the 12 year old you are.

Users and sales are two different things.

A game can and almost always does have a different number of sales and users.

Microsoft PR dropped a couple stats about the game.

1 of them is "SOT is the fastest selling new IP this gen"

Another separate statement is

"SOT has 2 million unique users"

Only person in here trying to conflate those two statements is your dumb ass :beli:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Look, I know you're trying to play devil's advocate here and whatnot but we all know what the thread title is implying.

This isn't about what "sell" means in relation to a digital product gained through a monthly service or whatnot. It's the good ole' fashioned sold to consumer physically/digitally metric we're talking about here. Had Court just said "SOT already has 2 million players online" or w/e then that's that but when you compare these hazy sales PR from a game that's playable from a $10/month game pass with a 14 day free trial to a game that's strictly sold physically/digitally then your premise is flawed and you will be called out on it. That's why @MeachTheMonster is looking funny because he's conveniently trying to say he's not talking about sales or whatnot but then he quickly brings up another game that's sold only straight to the user for a one time payment. To answer your last question, it matters when you compare it to games that aren't available through a service package.
You still don't get it:snoop:

Comparing SOT sales to NI No Kuni.

I'm only taking about sales. I'm not talking about gamepass or users.

Just in retail sales SOT outsold NI No Kuni.

When Microsoft says "Fastest selling" they are only talking about sales. Not users.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
And who is to say that Microsoft can't count streams as sales?
That's my question.
Also, what does it matter. What we used to consider a "sale" has been obsolete for a while now.
I just don't get the point of the argument.
I think the better Sony Stan response should have been:

"We'll see what those numbers look like in 6 months :sas2:"

Instead of arguing about whether or not a sale is a sale.
Disagree. What we consider a sale has not been obsolete. :what:

If a game sold 4 million copies to consumers via physical/digital then that's that. how was that obsolete? Those stats still come out monthly. What was obsolete?

You don't get the point? Microsoft does. I just looked it up.

According to Microsoft's Aaron Greenberg, the fastest-selling first-party new IPmilestone for Sea of Thieves "does not include Game Pass numbers," which is a notable distinction.

So, it doesn't count. Case closed. All that other stuff you're talking about is fluff man :skip:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Read dipshyt. Actually quote my posts instead of making your own quotes to argue against:comeon:

I didn't say nobody is talking sales. I said nobody claimed the 2 million number was copies sold.

Why are you even taking about any of this.

Let me explain it to you like the 12 year old you are.

Users and sales are two different things.

A game can and almost always does have a different number of sales and users.

Microsoft PR dropped a couple stats about the game.

1 of them is "SOT is the fastest selling new IP this gen"

Another separate statement is

"SOT has 2 million unique users"

Only person in here trying to conflate those two statements is your dumb ass :beli:
Lol I was under the impression that the "fastest selling new IP" claim included the gamepass subscribers which in of itself has free trials and whatnot. Seeing the statement that it doesn't answered my question. :hubie: Nobody posted that in here, I had to google it. :snoop:

Why :umad: though? Relax :laff:

and in typical Xbot fashion, the fukk you are about UK sales for, lad? :pachaha:

We're in "Murica!

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Disagree. What we consider a sale has not been obsolete. :what:

If a game sold 4 million copies to consumers via physical/digital then that's that. how was that obsolete? Those stats still come out monthly. What was obsolete?

You don't get the point? Microsoft does. I just looked it up.

So, it doesn't count. Case closed. All that other stuff you're talking about is fluff man :skip:
So according to the quote you just posted, your whole argument falls apart.

"According to Microsoft's Aaron Greenberg, the fastest-selling first-party new IPmilestone for Sea of Thieves "does not include Game Pass numbers," which is a notable distinction."

What's the confusion at this point? If the milestone doesn't include game pass numbers, then it only includes the actually "sales" you are arguing about

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Lol I was under the impression that the "fastest selling new IP" claim included the gamepass subscribers which in of itself has free trials and whatnot. Seeing the statement that it doesn't answered my question. :hubie: Nobody posted that in here, I had to google it. :snoop:

Why :umad: though? Relax :laff:

and in typical Xbot fashion, the fukk you are about UK sales for, lad? :pachaha:

We're in "Murica!
My statement about U.K. Sales was to @Grand Clownde who was seemingly very interested in how games are selling in the U.K.

So I gave him an update.

Mind your business :stopitslime:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
So you just killed your whole talking point in this thread:what:

Be dumb as fukk brehs:francis:
Not really, @Kamikaze Revy was implying that the sales from game pass was included and he went on a Medal of Honor speech about how sales are obsolete these days and who's to say MSFT don't count them yadda yada. Typical devil's advocate head ass. He probably got on a cardigan with Levi's 504 jeans and a boat shoe.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
So according to the quote you just posted, your whole argument falls apart.

"According to Microsoft's Aaron Greenberg, the fastest-selling first-party new IPmilestone for Sea of Thieves "does not include Game Pass numbers," which is a notable distinction."

What's the confusion at this point? If the milestone doesn't include game pass numbers, then it only includes the actually "sales" you are arguing about
There's no confusion now but at first there was because this thread and everyone in it was under the impression that those "sales" included game pass which nobody clarified. I had to post that quote to bring clarity which the Xbots failed to do. I never made an argument about that it ISN'T the fastest selling new IP for Xbox, I just was hesitant to buy that claim since those past games weren't confusing metrics since there wasn't no game pass at the time for those titles. It's quite simple.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Not really, @Kamikaze Revy was implying that the sales from game pass was included and he went on a Medal of Honor speech about how sales are obsolete these days and who's to say MSFT don't count yadda yada. Typical devil's advocate head ass. He probably got on a cardigan.
I asked a direct question. I didn't imply anything. :DAIGOCAM:
You and @Grand Conde came in here furious without all of the facts defending daddy Sony again.
I just asked what is a "sale" in 2018 and what does it really matter, since we're in a digital age and subscriptions are becoming the standard.
My question had 2 parts, you focused on the subscription part of the question and thought I was trying to "defend" xbox.
Sea of Thieves could be the greatest selling game of all time. It doesn't phase me in the slightest.
*Pulls bottom of cardigan to flatten wrinkles*

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
We get it - the game managed to outsell Quantum Break. It sold 20k in the UK in a week. Its a massive success. :leon:

Now why dafuq am I still being tagged in this shytty ass thread? :what: