Sea of thieves has become the fastest selling new ip this gen

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
After the XB1X dropped, graphics stopped mattering, performance stopped mattering, sales stopped mattering, 4K movies stopped mattering, backwards compatibility stopped mattering....the only thing left is the games themselves not mattering. I can't wait! What a time to be alive :laff::laff::laff::laff:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
@MeachTheMonster did you know I was an Xbot?
Are you and @PS4 gonna welcome me to the family in grand fashion?
How many dirty tables are we breaking out for the welcome home BBQ my G? :jbhmm:

@Grand Conde pause your fury for a second and show me where I said anything for or against Sea Of Thieves being a "success". What's your gamertag anyway? As much as you stan PS4, has anyone ever verified that you even own one? :ohhh:
These dudes crazy breh :smh:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
In 2018, in a world of streaming, what does "sell" really mean?
And does it matter to the consumer any more?
This kind of leads into that thread I made about the implications of a streaming only society.
I didn't ask about that. i asked Meach did it sell 2 million and .............

Nobody said it sold 2 million.
The thread title literally says
Sea of thieves has become the fastest selling new ip this gen

Edit: Look at you, so furious you already contradicted yourself.

Outsold ni no Kuni too, and the majority of the games you clowns stan

I thought nobody said anything about selling or sold? :laff:

Why you run in here with your fury?

tenor.gif
[/QUOTE]

OJ Simpsom

Superstar
Daps
Nah, playing with my son he loves it.

Which makes it worse cause he always want me to play it with him. Most mindless platformer out. I literally fell asleep playing that shyt and my son or the game didn't notice :mjlol:
Kirby's for the kids.:yeshrug:I wouldn't play that shyt by myself, but I was running 4-player for hours last weekend and it was LIT. Maybe the kush I was smoking was just that good though.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land

tenor.gif
It is the fastest selling. That's not from the 2 million players number.

That statement comes from actual sales.

They are two different statements

"SOT is the fasted selling new ip from Microsoft"

"SOT has over 2 million unique users"

Clear the fury from your eyes so you can pay attention.:ufdup:

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven

tenor.gif
I know what the thread title, and what everyone else said for that matter.
My questions still stand, and are relevant to the arguments in this thread.
Hell, Jay-Z cheated and went certified platinum in a day with his Samsung deal where every phone got a digital copy for free.
We're in a post physical media age, and a "Sale" isn't as black and white as it used to be, so in the context of this thread, what does it really matter?

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It is the fastest selling. That's not from the 2 million players number.
It's the fastest selling new IP this gen is what the thread title says. You then double down and say it outsold Ni no Kuni 2. but you're not talking about sales though.

tenor.gif

That statement comes from actual sales.

They are two different statements
196157.gif

"SOT is the fasted selling new ip from Microsoft"

"SOT has over 2 million unique users"

Clear the fury from your eyes so you can pay attention.:ufdup:
:what:

:laff:

Let's make this easier for the viewers.

How much did it actually sell in whatever time frame is being used here in comparison to a past Xbox IP?

the how many unique users is online or w/e metric is irrelevant.

How much/fast did it sell in comparison to say something like Forza Horizon 3 or Halo 5 or Gears 4? No game pass spin or w/e.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I know what the thread title, and what everyone else said for that matter.
My questions still stand, and are relevant to the arguments in this thread.
Hell, Jay-Z cheated and went certified platinum in a day with his Samsung deal where every phone got a digital copy for free.
We're in a post physical media age, and a "Sale" isn't as black and white as it used to be, so in the context of this thread, what does it really matter?
Look, I know you're trying to play devil's advocate here and whatnot but we all know what the thread title is implying.

This isn't about what "sell" means in relation to a digital product gained through a monthly service or whatnot. It's the good ole' fashioned sold to consumer physically/digitally metric we're talking about here. Had Court just said "SOT already has 2 million players online" or w/e then that's that but when you compare these hazy sales PR from a game that's playable from a $10/month game pass with a 14 day free trial to a game that's strictly sold physically/digitally then your premise is flawed and you will be called out on it. That's why @MeachTheMonster is looking funny because he's conveniently trying to say he's not talking about sales or whatnot but then he quickly brings up another game that's sold only straight to the user for a one time payment. To answer your last question, it matters when you compare it to games that aren't available through a service package.

Last edited:

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Look, I know you're trying to play devil's advocate here and whatnot but we all know what the thread title is implying.

This isn't about what "sell" means in relation to a digital product gained through a monthly service or whatnot. It's the good ole' fashioned sold to consumer physically/digitally metric we're talking about here. Had Court just said "SOT already has 2 million players online" or w/e then that's that but when you compare these hazy sales PR from a game that's playable from a $10/month game pass with a 14 day free trial to a game that's strictly sold physically/digitally then your premise is flawed and you will be called out on it. That's why @MeachTheMonster is looking funny because he's conveniently trying to say he's not talking about sales or whatnot but then he quickly brings up another game that's sold only straight to the user for a one time payment. To answer your last question, it matters when you compare it to games that aren't available through a service package.
And who is to say that Microsoft can't count streams as sales?
That's my question.
Also, what does it matter. What we used to consider a "sale" has been obsolete for a while now.
I just don't get the point of the argument.
I think the better Sony Stan response should have been:

"We'll see what those numbers look like in 6 months :sas2:"

Instead of arguing about whether or not a sale is a sale.