Sea of Stars (by the creators of The Messenger)

Animal House

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I feel like its best to just throw it in the backlog and wait until you’re done with the big game cause thats gonna pull your attention away no matter what.
I know I already did :mjlol:

It’s free so I tried it out, again it’s not wack just the tutorial (I guess you could call it) that is hella boring it’s back to Dawn of the Monsters and AC for me then BG3 this weekend :banderas:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Boring

And nikkas have the nerve to compare this to Chrono Trigger? :mjlol:

If y’all like jrpgs do yourself a favor and cop Octopath 2

The main 2 protagonists are hella dull and completely identical. It looks good but wtf is going on with the music? This is the same guy who did XENOGEARS and Chrono Trigger? He definitely phoned it in and got a check

It’s not a bad game I’m just disappointed, everyone was praising this game like it’s the shyt but from what I’ve played I’m left wanting a better experience, uninstalled!
I wouldn't call it boring. It just doesn't really do much I feel like is unique. At 4.5 hours into a 30 hour game I gotta wait for the plot to kick in to say more. In terms of the battle system and difficulty it's just not really there. So far it's a competent mimicry of old school games. It's also designed to be pretty easy. If one of your characters falls they usually auto revive within 2 turns with a decent chunk of health. A game over and you don't have to reload from your last save. Seems like it refers to the last room you were in with full health and MP.

It took Chained Echoes more that half the game to separate itself from just mimicking old games. Most of that separation was the plot. Stuff like classic JRPG tropes it subverted a lot of them. Late into the game it did a lot of things with its plot that those classic games would flat out never do especially concerning the main character and the chosen one trope. The ending was totally out of left field in that regard.

Animal House

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I wouldn't call it boring. It just doesn't really do much I feel like is unique. At 4.5 hours into a 30 hour game I gotta wait for the plot to kick in to say more. In terms of the battle system and difficulty it's just not really there. So far it's a competent mimicry of old school games. It's also designed to be pretty easy. If one of your characters falls they usually auto revive within 2 turns with a decent chunk of health. A game over and you don't have to reload from your last save. Seems like it refers to the last room you were in with full health and MP.

It took Chained Echoes more that half the game to separate itself from just mimicking old games. Most of that separation was the plot. Stuff like classic JRPG tropes it subverted a lot of them. Late into the game it did a lot of things with its plot that those classic games would flat out never do especially concerning the main character and the chosen one trope. The ending was totally out of left field in that regard.
I’m behind on a few jrpgs I’ll just keep going through games that are actually worth my time. I’m a few hours in and I’m just like “oh another trial” :francis:

And yeah it’s boring to me I’m just not feeling it:yeshrug:

Carl Tethers

@mastermind is OVO
Supporter
Daps
Game is a fukking chore. Over an hour in and already facing enemies that just summon other enemies making fights drag the fukk on

Turned this shyt off and not gonna rush back :yeshrug:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Game is a fukking chore. Over an hour in and already facing enemies that just summon other enemies making fights drag the fukk on

Turned this shyt off and not gonna rush back :yeshrug:
Those brown things that go in the mud? You gotta rush and kill them with the sun and moon powers or else you'll be in an endless battle.

Carl Tethers

@mastermind is OVO
Supporter
Daps
Those brown things that go in the mud? You gotta rush and kill them with the sun and moon powers or else you'll be in an endless battle.

Word. But if they summon one and it's not close enough, you can't boost and multi-hit them all at once. Then that one just summons other fukkers. Just terrible design and I thought if combat is this annoying now, fukk it :russ:

Animal House

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Game been easy as hell - it bored me into turning it off :manny:
This

Lol I feel the same and I know I’m not giving it enough time to get better but fukk that. The pixels look dope the combat for me is a turn off, the shyt is bland af. I’ll log this one under games I’ll never finish :mjlol:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Game been easy as hell - it bored me into turning it off :manny:
Keeping it real Chained Echoes doesn’t deserve a 90 and nor does this game. Chrono Trigger and Xenogears are those level games and these are at least a level below them.

This game is alright. At 23% into it I don’t see why reviewers were gushing about it like they were.

These derivative games shouldn’t be getting 9s and 90s just because they hit a nostalgia button. They should have to do more than mimic classics to get those scores they should stand out in their own right. The two leads are also very bland characters. They’re probably why people keep calling this boring.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Word. But if they summon one and it's not close enough, you can't boost and multi-hit them all at once. Then that one just summons other fukkers. Just terrible design and I thought if combat is this annoying now, fukk it :russ:
Nah, you just gotta use the system better, use the character switch mechanic to block the summon cast

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I freaking love this game. My type of game but it isn't better than Octopath Traveler 2. I need to go back to play Octopath Traveler 2 and find the story, only 58% game progress.