Sea of Stars (by the creators of The Messenger)

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
This looks way more accessible than Chained Echoes. That game was brutal on the difficulty curve. I'm thinking Chained Echoes has this game beat in terms of story though.

Chained Echoes was the kind of game a random group of mobs could wipe out your party at any time. It required a high level of thinking and strategy to come up with party configurations to deal with some bosses. Grinding was necessary at points.

This game sounds like it's fairly easy, requires no grinding, haven't heard anything for character builds.
You said all this, but it don't take away that this game is better.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
You said all this, but it don't take away that this game is better.
It's pretty much a wash when it comes to ratings
One of them is a 90 with 54 reviews and a 96% recommend and the other is a 90 with 60 reviews and a 98% recommend. Considering Chained Echoes was made by a single person that's pretty impressive.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I actually can’t get into Chained of Echoes so im glad this is reviewing better.

Crazy chained echoes had a great story. The battles just weren't quick

This looks way more accessible than Chained Echoes. That game was brutal on the difficulty curve. I'm thinking Chained Echoes has this game beat in terms of story though.

Chained Echoes was the kind of game a random group of mobs could wipe out your party at any time. It required a high level of thinking and strategy to come up with party configurations to deal with some bosses. Grinding was necessary at points.

This game sounds like it's fairly easy, requires no grinding, haven't heard anything for character builds.
Yeah chained echoes didn't hold your hand, I loved that about the game, the story was also really mature and the characters very memorable.

I did have to grind a bit in that game, and I love how the did skills/talents and stat upgrades.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
This game is aight. A few hours in its a competent retro style game. The two leads characters are almost indistinguishable from each other in terms of behavior. Garl has all the personality. The game has been pretty easy. The most difficult part is mastering the timing of the button presses to get the bonuses.

Given what I've played so far if Starfield came out tomorrow I'd have no qualms putting this down to play that instead of finishing this first.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
This game is aight. A few hours in its a competent retro style game. The two leads characters are almost indistinguishable from each other in terms of behavior. Garl has all the personality. The game has been pretty easy. The most difficult part is mastering the timing of the button presses to get the bonuses.

Given what I've played so far if Starfield came out tomorrow I'd have no qualms putting this down to play that instead of finishing this first.

I had a feeling you were gonna be bias due to how hard you were going for chained echoes

Animal House

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Boring

And nikkas have the nerve to compare this to Chrono Trigger? :mjlol:

If y’all like jrpgs do yourself a favor and cop Octopath 2

The main 2 protagonists are hella dull and completely identical. It looks good but wtf is going on with the music? This is the same guy who did XENOGEARS and Chrono Trigger? He definitely phoned it in and got a check

It’s not a bad game I’m just disappointed, everyone was praising this game like it’s the shyt but from what I’ve played I’m left wanting a better experience, uninstalled!

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Boring

And nikkas have the nerve to compare this to Chrono Trigger? :mjlol:

If y’all like jrpgs do yourself a favor and cop Octopath 2

The main 2 protagonists are hella dull and completely identical. It looks good but wtf is going on with the music? This is the same guy who did XENOGEARS and Chrono Trigger? He definitely phoned it in and got a check

It’s not a bad game I’m just disappointed, everyone was praising this game like it’s the shyt but from what I’ve played I’m left wanting a better experience, uninstalled!

How much could you have played in the last 12 hours? :dahell:

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Right.

I've heard it does have a bit of a slow start tho. But that's most rpgs, especially ones from that era or inspired as such.

I beat the demo months ago and it was fire. I only started the game and played for like 10 minutes last night, but I was tired AF and could not stay awake. Will play more throughout the week.

Animal House

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Not that long and i know it’s a slow burn of a intro but there’s other games in playing plus BG drops this weekend so for gamers in my position shyt like this has a small window to impress.

I’m not taking a personal shot at anyone who likes this game but for me it’s meh type status right now

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Not that long and i know it’s a slow burn of a intro but there’s other games in playing plus BG drops this weekend so for gamers in my position shyt like this has a small window to impress.

I’m not taking a personal shot at anyone who likes this game but for me it’s meh type status right now

I feel like its best to just throw it in the backlog and wait until you’re done with the big game cause thats gonna pull your attention away no matter what.