Sea of Stars (by the creators of The Messenger)

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
This game is the prime example of people on this site making disingenuous arguments they don't believe in because of brand allegiance. Advocates that say Game Pass damages the industry allowing day one games on the service seeming have no qualms about this game coming to PlayStation Plus day one and taking advantage of that.

Suddenly the support the developers argument vanishes. Those people should be the first to say yeah it's on PS+ but I support developers so I don't use subscription services and I'll be buying a copy.

Gamers that shame other gamers for wanting "free games" are suddenly here for stuff like this.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
This game is the prime example of people on this site making disingenuous arguments they don't believe in because of brand allegiance. Advocates that say Game Pass damages the industry allowing day one games on the service seeming have no qualms about this game coming to PlayStation Plus day one and taking advantage of that.

Suddenly the support the developers argument vanishes. Those people should be the first to say yeah it's on PS+ but I support developers so I don't use subscription services and I'll be buying a copy.

Gamers that shame other gamers for wanting "free games" are suddenly here for stuff like this.

What if I told you i still don’t think its a good practice and it will end up devaluing smaller titles, like this one?

You’re also years late trying to prove this point because this isn’t the first game playstation put on their service day one, we’ve already had several big games on ps plus day one. This year, even.

A lot of these smaller indie titles are now locked into a vicious cycle of release on a sub service or die. I could see this game being completely looked over if not for these sub deals, just because the expectation for them are to be “free” now.

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps

I never said gamepass was damaging anything, just that a lot of games on it are ass.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

You see it, 15 pages of "why developers hate gamepass, how gamepass hurts the industry, how MS buying stuff hurts the industry, how all games on gamepass are trash, how gamepass screws day and date game releases, how they rather directly support a dev so they buy the game but forget to mention they get it used from GameStop or reseller 4 years down the line when it doesn't matter... unless it's something they want on PS+...

Then it's :blessed: "I was gonna buy this game but now I'll just play it on PS+, or I wasn't interested in this game but guess I'll give it a try now, and all of a sudden indie games are great instead of being "filler."

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
and all of a sudden indie games are great instead of being "filler."

Yall just be making up your own arguments in your head :russ:

You really gonna sit here with a straight face and claim i don’t like indie games?:martin:

And yes, i hope these devs despite putting their game out for free in the most jam packed period for rpg games gets some sort of recognition. I think they are setting themselves up for failure and i said that 3 pages ago

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Yall just be making up your own arguments in your head :russ:

You really gonna sit here with a straight face and claim i don’t like indie games?:martin:

And yes, i hope these devs despite putting their game out for free in the most jam packed period for rpg games gets some sort of recognition. I think they are setting themselves up for failure and i said that 3 pages ago
So you'll be purchasing a copy and skipping the PlayStation Plus version correct?

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
So you'll be purchasing a copy and skipping the PlayStation Plus version correct?

CDN media

MischievousMonkey

Gor bu dëgër
Daps
I can't wait :wow: too bad the physical version doesn't come out right away. I'd prefer it but I'm not trying to wait nor buy it twice :snoop: