Screenwriter exposes Hollywood, told script was 'too intelligent' for Black audiences

MegaTronBomb!

Power is in my hair nikka
Daps
Reppin
From The Westside With Love
I once got to sit in on a meeting and watch a movie from a black film maker....This was back in 2011
( a funny sidenote from that was i got introduced to a dude who eventually ended up getting raided by the FBI and going to prison for defrauding investors)

He told me that Lions Gate and a lot of the bigger production companies have tons of black films just sitting in the vault for a few reasons:

1. They haven't figured a way to re-do the movie/script with bigger names in it.
2. Sci-Fi,Horror,Dramas etc. just sit cause the box office analytics doesn't shown a desire for these movies (The Tyler Perry Effect)
3. Having that IP gives them a bit more leverage when it comes to distributing, cause an opportunity to get your product seen on Netflix or Amazon Video is a whole lot better than going fully indie, and nobody seeing it cause you don't have the resources to distribute at a level to get it seen.

While folks complain about those hood movies set in Detroit, you'd never have seen them nor would there be any type of analytics to show demand for content if they weren't there.

Daps
Reppin
Golden Era/Drama free Zone
And sci-fi is the genre that gave alot of black actors non stereotypical and lead roles from way back without any outside pressure as far I know.
sci fi been black as fuk lately

Star Trek is like 70 percent black now, The Expanse, Lovecraft, recent Twilight Zone reboot etc

brehs rather watch BMF, ain't nothing wrong with that but theres more shyt out there

Sindicated

Knowledge is the Greatest gift
Daps
Reppin
opus dei
She appears to be a right wing conservative and maga sympathizer so her take on Hollywood dumbing down movies for black people is biased and not one coming from a genuine place of concern so I would take what she says with a grain of salt.

Here is her husband.

v78m1LuN_400x400.jpg
Y’all keep saying this like it’s an insult, let’s not act like the left wing aren’t filled with gender confused tranny lovers I’m certain most Black People have more in common with right wing nuts then they do with the left wing crazies.

Also I know the Coli isn’t a place for critical thinking. But some will find this useful

https://www.bytchute.com/video/l8nuHIlmugbY/

Macallik86

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Isn't this the equivalent of an A&R passing on a backpack rapper for a drugs/crime rapper? Systemic racism could be involved, but also people regardless of background tend to gravitate towards what is proven/profitable, even if that means it's going to be garbage-in-garbage-out.

Daps
Is she being truthful or is it just babble? :mjpls:Ex screenwriter exposes her experience in Hollywood.
Cliffs:
  • it's a closed power system that controls all storytelling
  • they have agendas to push
  • writers are given documents by the biggest agents in the world (like the C.I.A), the lists tells them what to write about
  • the transgender topic is one of the biggest agendas right now
  • if you're looking to develop "urban" movies (code word for "Black movies") you are given themes to write about
  • they need to be dumbed down and about poverty
  • she wrote a script with two Black leads, her agent gave the script to J3w1$h producer R0b T3it3l cause he makes "urban" movies (also known for his race baiting agendas)
  • he said it was "too intelligent" for Black audiences
  • it's social engineering , they want to create a divide, she has been to those meetings
  • you have to be compromised in order to be successful, you don't get to the top unless you are
  • people at the top like Harvey Weinstein are the most scared
  • was told by her manager that she has to tell the bigwigs "I'm willing to do anything", it's a code word and they are waiting for her to say it

White supremacy at work folks

And the video was deleted :martin:

Daps
This is why we need more black production companies and directors. As long as the cacs and c00ns are running the show, the agenda will continue to be pushed. Black movies/shows will continue to have a drug nexus with abusive toxic men/relationships and violence.

It's not about having black actors, we know most of them are chasing the bag.

Yeah but how will they get distributed? Positive Black production companies won’t get pushed and won’t be allowed in theaters. Notice Tyler Perry makes films about him in drag playing big momma?

We need a black streaming service. It’s the only way we can control distribution. That or do like China did and buy up a theater chain. But that seems like a tall order

Studious one

Change names, like change clothes; stay a fly girl
Daps
There’s definitely some truth here. Anytime they are targeting people by demographic these kinds of conversations will pop up. I remember when those campaign emails came out with them straight up calling nikkas “low info voters” aka dumb ass nikkas and were plotting on how to win them over with bullshyt of no substance.

Best believe if someone is in a corporate meeting room talking about black demographics then 7/10 times they ain’t singing our praises.
I agree. She may be a nut, but there is some truth to some of the shyt that she saying. As far as what you just said, look no further than the Democratic Party. I’m not arguing with anyone about politics so don’t even @ me.

Studious one

Change names, like change clothes; stay a fly girl
Daps
Idk but the black people making shows seem to go the route of dumbed down bullshyt and black people seem to love it. Look at 50 cent with power, BMF, Ghost, or John singleton snowfall,etc. Every black person of note I'm aware of that want to make a film it's always the same theme and our people don't mind.

We can't keep blaming others
Thiiiiisssss!!!!