Scientists Reveal the Real Face of a 35,000-Year-Old Egyptian Man

HarlemHottie

Uptown Thoroughbred
Daps
Reppin
#ADOS
:russ:

That ain't 'logic' you're using right now.

35,000 years ago there were no 'civilizations'.

:jbhmm: So who made this?

Lebombo bone​

The Lebombo bone is a bone tool made of a baboon fibula with incised markings discovered in Border Cave in the Lebombo Mountains located between South Africa and Eswatini.[1] Changes in the section of the notches indicate the use of different cutting edges, which the bone's discoverer, Peter Beaumont, views as evidence for their having been made, like other markings found all over the world, during participation in rituals.

The bone is between 44,200 and 43,000 years old, according to 24 radiocarbon datings.[2] This is far older than the Ishango bone with which it is sometimes confused. Other notched bones are 80,000 years old but it is unclear if the notches are merely decorative or if they bear a functional meaning.[3]
The bone has been conjectured[4] to be a tally stick. According to The Universal Book of Mathematics the Lebombo bone's 29 notches suggest "it may have been used as a lunar phase counter, in which case African women may have been the first mathematicians, because keeping track of menstrual cycles requires a lunar calendar". However, the bone is broken at one end, so the 29 notches may or may not be the total number. In the cases of other notched bones since found globally, there has been no consistent notch tally, many being in the 1–10 range.[5]

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Theological Noncognitivist Since Birth
Daps
Reppin
The Wrong Side of the Tracks
:jbhmm: So who made this?
A bone isn't 'civilization'.

A city is....

HarlemHottie

Uptown Thoroughbred
Daps
Reppin
#ADOS
A bone isn't 'civilization'.

A city is....

Give the archaeologists some time. You know they don't dig in sub Saharan Africa like they do other places. :mjpls:

Buddy

Keep my name out of it
Bushed
Daps
nikka look like Kyler Murray

screenshot-2023-04-04-01-16-09-642bdcd8c385f.png

kyler-murray-start-chargers-e1669233590695.jpg
We have a winner. Yall be sure to rep this man.

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Theological Noncognitivist Since Birth
Daps
Reppin
The Wrong Side of the Tracks

Meanwhile, this me and @RehReh. The clothed ones, I don't know them other hoes. :pachaha:

1200px-Musicians_and_dancers_on_fresco_at_Tomb_of_Nebamun.jpg
According to Seti I & Rameses III, they did.......

setit7.jpg

1280px-thumbnail.jpg

Those are not 'races' but ethnic groups worthy of resurrection by Osiris according to the Egyptian text above them.

One group is conspicuously left out: the Northern Aegean (Hua Nebu).​

Last edited:

HarlemHottie

Uptown Thoroughbred
Daps
Reppin
#ADOS

HarlemHottie

Uptown Thoroughbred
Daps
Reppin
#ADOS

It'd be silly to think there weren't Nubians there. They'd been fighting/trading/intermarrying for a few thousand years.​

No, I'm saying Ramses II was the same color as the Nubians, ie, black of the brown skinned variety. Trying to paint ancient Egyptians as some kinda exotical mix falls short when you look at how they were actually depicted, both by themselves and by the peoples they encountered.

At best, the Delta region was mixed but that wasn't the seat of power until the Greeks built Alexandria, ie, colonization and a heavy immigration program which, yes, lightened the population very late in the ancient Egyptian timeline.