Scientists Reveal the Real Face of a 35,000-Year-Old Egyptian Man

HarlemHottie

Uptown Thoroughbred
Daps
Reppin
#ADOS
They don't look 'White'!!!

:russ:

Ftr. Never place your faith in the wm's sketches and 'reproductions'. This is how they do.

Wm's sketch of the 'Book of Gates':

Egyptian_races.jpg

Vs real life art, 'Book of Gates':

Book_of_Gates_5.jpg

That man behind the Nubian is clearly non white in the og artwork. He literally has a fro, like, come on, now, I'm not doing this with yall. :mjlol:

:beli::beli::beli:

So now white people aint white? You're arguing in bad faith just to be a contrarian.

NoirDynosaur

Yurrrrrrrrrr
Daps
Reppin
Planet Earth
Broah kind of favors like Laurence Fishburne.

One of the oldest Homo sapiens skulls in existence gets a stunning digital makeover.
Headshot of Darren Orf
BY DARREN ORFPUBLISHED: APR 4, 2023

egypt

Moacir Elias Santos and Cícero Moraes
  • For decades, scientists have been putting digital faces to the fossilized remains of ancient people—both famous and unknown.
  • A new study pieces together the face of a 35,000-year-old man, whose remains were discovered in Egypt's Nile Valley in 1980.
  • This digital approximation revealed a surprisingly robust jaw (compared to modern humans) and a detailed portrait of a unique era of human history.

Around 35,000 years ago, a man of African ancestry died in what is now Egypt. Predating the first known pharaoh by 32 millennia, no one knows who this man was or what kind of society he lived in. The only archaeological clue was the ax found beside him when his bones were uncovered more than four decades ago at Nazlet Khater 2, an archaeological site in Egypt’s Nile Valley.
Although the details of his life are lost to time, his death is one of the most consequential moments in archaeology. That’s because this man, who stood 5 foot 3 inches tall and was between the ages of 17 and 29, is the oldest known Homo sapiens skeleton in Egypt, and one the oldest in the world. And, crucially, his skull is remarkably intact.
Now, 43 years after its initial discovery, Brazilian scientists have used a process known as photogrammetry to digitally recreate what this ancient man might have looked like. Their preprint study was published (in Portuguese) in late March.
"The skeleton has most of the bones preserved, although there have been some losses," co-author and archeologist Moacir Elias Santos told Live Science. "But the main structure for facial approximation, the skull, was well preserved."

By piecing together detailed images of the skeleton, scientists created two composite images: one black-and-white image in a neutral state and another in a more life-like rendering with facial hair and curly locks. The researchers discovered that the skull itself had a mostly modern structure, though the jaw was much more robust than what’s typically found in modern Homo sapiens, a possible genetic leftover from our Great Ape ancestors.

The practice of photogrammetry in archaeology is decades old, but recent technological developments have made the technique more affordable, ubiquitous, and accurate. At its most basic, photogrammetry creates 3D renderings from 2D images and uses feature matching to capture an artifact, burial site, or (in this case) a skull from every angle.

Over the past several years, scientists have rendered many digital recreations derived from human fossils. In 2016, the University of Glasgow recreated Scotland’s legendary king Robert the Bruce using a cast of the original skull and some population statistics to fill in the blanks (a 14th century Scottish king likely had red hair and brown eyes, for example.)

Other studies have also digitally recreated famous faces found in the same region as this 35,000-year-old specimen. In 2021, scientists from the Face Lab at Liverpool John Moores University in the United Kingdom recreated the face of Ramses II, arguably ancient Egypt’s most famous pharaoh, who reigned from 1279 to 1213 BCE. Using a collection of CT scan data, Ramses II, who died around the age of 90, was even de-aged to when he was about 45 years old.

The Brazilian scientists admit that their digital recreation is only an approximation, but the because of the sheer age of the skeleton (dating back to the tail end of the Paleolithic era), this facial facsimile not only puts a face to a little-known era of human history, but also helps scientists understand an important chapter in human evolution.

Hmmm...this strikes that Ancient Egypt/Kemet had Khoisan people (Southern Africa)

People that look like this
gods1.jpg

Notice every time when DNA results come out, it always comes to African descent people. These Egyptian cacs are in denial. They are not the original people. They were invaders of from Eurasia or mixed breeds of copies of copies.

It's been proven that King Ramses was a Black African. The majority of inhabitants of Ancient Kemet were from East Africa (Nile River) and Southern Africa (Great Lakes region)
rameses3dnaresults.jpg

Our history is set in stone

800x800_egyptian-1.jpg

Here's another website that goes in depth (The ancient Egyptians were Black

Thank me later

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Theological Noncognitivist Since Birth
Daps
Reppin
The Wrong Side of the Tracks
So now white people aint white? You're arguing in bad faith just to be a contrarian.
You're making up an argument based on what you THINK I said, rather than what I ACTUALLY said.

Nowhere did I say they were 'White'.

Some rapist said something AND YOU BELIEVED IT.

Go read EVERY post in this thread and show where I stated what you're arguing.

I'll wait.

HarlemHottie

Uptown Thoroughbred
Daps
Reppin
#ADOS
You're making up an argument based on what you THINK I said, rather than what I ACTUALLY said.

Nowhere did I say they were 'White'.

Some rapist said something AND YOU BELIEVED IT.

Go read EVERY post in this thread and show where I stated what you're arguing.

I'll wait.

They looked like the people that live there, now.​

:dahell:

Are you fluent in English? Like, I'm not understanding the confusion. :what:

HarlemHottie

Uptown Thoroughbred
Daps
Reppin
#ADOS
You ever been to Egypt?

They're all brown-skinned and range from dark to light.

NONE of them were 'White'.

Are you still trying to argue against a position I NEVER held?​
:comeon: Don't play disingenuous with me, that's not the widely held implication behind your quote. "The people who live there now" are currently running around proclaiming their whiteness. You know what you saying.

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Theological Noncognitivist Since Birth
Daps
Reppin
The Wrong Side of the Tracks
:comeon: Don't play disingenuous with me, that's not the widely held implication behind your quote. "The people who live there now" are currently running around proclaiming their whiteness. You know what you saying.
The only 'disingenuous' player, is you right now since I NEVER ARGUED THE EGYPTIANS WERE 'WHITE', now OR in ancient times, and as far as them 'arguing their Whiteness', that would be news to me.

The only 'widely held implications' exist in your mind, not in my position that I've consistently held for years.

I know EXACTLY what I'm saying, you just read something into it that DOES NOT EXIST.​

Tair

Superstar
Daps
I purposefully picked two ends of the timeline.

Like I said, I think the black population was constantly replenished from the south/ south-west. There's plenty of cultural, material evidence that their culture was based in African ideals, from the religion to artistic style to the opinions of others who actually saw them irl.

All are shorts, I know how the coli attention span works. :pachaha:

Got ancient people's interacting with Egyptians before various invasions saying they are Black skinned, woolly haired people and folks from the 21st century saying they weren't Black.

:dead:

Amo Husserl

Superstar
Daps
jim-jones-reading-jim-jones.gif
I guess seeing them depicted as all dark melanated Black people on the documentary gives some bitter cacs some heartburn.
They just didn't show the drawings depicting other ethnicities......
Some Egyptians were dark-skinned Nubians, others were Middle-Eastern/Semitic due to location and trade.

This is noted in the tomb art.​
It'd be silly to think there weren't Nubians there. They'd been fighting/trading/intermarrying for a few thousand years.
They displayed Nubians in a variety of shades from black to brown to red to tan.
Egypt had more than a few ethnic groups due to location and none of them were Black.

Thinking otherwise is anachronistic and historically false....... unless you're a racist.
False. The pic and statement are factually, historically, and scientifically correct.

Ancient Egypt was a metropolitan civilization along a well-established trade route that collapsed in the 12th Century BCE. Nothing wrong with that.
That isn't an 'exotical mix'.
They depicted themselves in a plethora of shades.
They just didn't show the drawings depicting other ethnicities......
I say all that to say that Ancient Egyptian Civilization was a lot more 'diverse' than its contemporaries.
Who is arguing they were 'some exotical mix'?​
We also know that there had been an influx (back-migration) of Middle Eastern people into Northern Africa at least 10-15,000 years ago (Amazigh/Berbers) probably during the 'Green Sahara' period.
They're all brown-skinned and range from dark to light.
Most Egyptian sculpture was painted, but all too often the paint has not survived. Fortunately, such is not the case with this statue. The husband's skin is red ochre, the traditional color for men, whose work outside would have left them sunburned. The wife's yellow-ochre skin reflects the traditional role of women inside the house. Both their facial features are the same. Neither is a true portrait, but rather an idealized likeness of how each wished to be remembered for eternity. Negative space between the couple and the base is painted dark gray.
Oddly-enough, it's the opposite. More Nubians/Sub-Saharan Africans came up during the Ptolemaic Dynasty.....

Ancient Egyptian mummy genomes suggest an increase of Sub-Saharan African ancestry in post-Roman periods | Nature Communications
An international team has successfully recovered ancient DNA from Egyptian mummies dating from approximately 1400 BCE to 400 CE, including the first genome-wide nuclear data, establishing ancient Egyptian mummies as a reliable of ancient DNA. The study found that modern Egyptians share more ancestry with Sub-Saharan Africans than ancient Egyptians did.
The Kemites protrayed themselves as being no different than the Nubians,
wasn't that in the later dynasties?
Ain't the folks in Egypt right now transplants?
Just like the folks in America?
:francis:
They been there at least 10,000 years according to archaeology/linguistics/geneaology so far.​

walk-away-worried.gif

HarlemHottie

Uptown Thoroughbred
Daps
Reppin
#ADOS

The only 'widely held implications' exist in your mind, not in my position that I've consistently held for years.

:laff::laff::laff:

Nobody cares about your position. You are not Zahi Hawass. Contemporary Egyptians are literally suing Netflix for their depiction of Cleopatra. The world exists outside of your opinion. Welcome.

:deadrose:

HarlemHottie

Uptown Thoroughbred
Daps
Reppin
#ADOS
Got ancient people's interacting with Egyptians before various invasions saying they are Black skinned, woolly haired people and folks from the 21st century saying they weren't Black.

:dead:
Its outrageous and disrespectful. They literally carved themselves in stone so we wouldnt forget who they were. :mjcry: