ScHoolboy Q - CrasH Talk (Discussion Thread)

Trot LaRoc

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chi/LA
This is a 5/10....not bad but not that good either

I likes Tales, Blac Folk, Attention, Dangerous, Floating....thats about it
there are some other ok songs but iono this one kinda light pac to me

i dont really hear any singles either

Prince.Skeletor

Don’t Be Like He-Man
Daps
Reppin
Bucktown
I will listen but i have zero faith that this is good.
His first album will be his best album forever.
Hes not that good anymore

Guvnor

Da Speculative Spectacle®
Daps
Reppin
BKLYN
Whole album is meh. 3 years wait for a mediocre 40 minute mixtape :shaq2:
I felt he should have just called it an EP man, would have been even stronger and also if he made the good songs longer and removed the bad ones.

This nikka cut perfectly good verses to make the songs shorter smfh. Imagine Tales and Attention with 3 verses
:wow:

What kinda hat is Q wearing in this shyt :mjlol: He is bugged out.

This was a dope interview though minus his comments on Nipsey where he said he was upset at black people. You can't put that on black people and you can't act like black people are the only people who can be violent. The reason our culture is like that in the first is because of our history, having to go through slavery and etc etc it beat a lot of our people down mentally.

Ribbs

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
So much music is dropping right now.
Damn !
Ready to bump this.
So much music??

tenor.gif

Left.A1

Superstar
Daps
Listened a couple more times its still around a 6/10 maybe elevated to 6.5-7/10 ...

the lows (Water,Chopstixs,Lies)

the mediocre (Floating,Die Wit Em)

the good (Drunk,GangGang,Tales,NN Juice,5200,Black Folk, Dangerous, Crash,Attention)

For a 14 song album to have 5 mediocre - trash songs just drags down the continuity and waters rhe good shyt down ...also there were no great tracks that made me want to repeat on first listen like John Muir/Black Thought or Tookie 2 which really hurts too ...and his vocal energy seems docile in comparasion to that agression im used to hearing him (besides NN juice) ... Groovy Q still the nig tho this just aint my cup of tea

96Blue

Superstar
Daps
I'm not really liking some of the songs that I'm hearing Brehs.

:francis:

The only song that I'm really fukkin' with is "Tales" and that itself should've been longer and in my opinion.

:yeshrug:

I do like Q's choice of beats though. He's always did like some trippy, gangster, boom bap, west coast type shyt. That's pretty much how I can explain it.