ScHoolboy Q - CrasH Talk (Discussion Thread)

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Blank Face better
Nah

Sacrilegious
There He Go
Hands On The Wheel
Oxy Music
My Homie
Nightmare On Figg Street
Druggys n Hoes Again
Sexting
My Hating Joint
How We Feeling
nikkas Already Know
Blessed

Everything else is at least good, blank Face was great but still had a few wack tracks on it, Big Body is the worst Q song iv ever heard, Kanye ruined That Part and Whateverr you Want is trash.

Last edited:

kwazzy100

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
I haven't listened to Q's early music, but I really like Blank Face because of the classic west coast/G-funk vibe, kinda like Still Brazy. If someone could tell me it still has that vibe, I'd give it a listen.

Guvnor

Da Speculative Spectacle®
Daps
Reppin
BKLYN
Not at all imo

Figg Get Da Money, Kamikaze, Light Years Ahead, What’s The Word, I’m Good, Cycle & Birds & The Beez are all better than 90% of these Crash Talk tracks
Those are dope tracks but I can't say that because if you go back and listen to Setbacks you would remember how unpolished he was on that record and how you could hear that he was trying to find his voice imo. His verses were good but he was still trying to figure his shyt out on setbacks. I feel his better songs on this record are way better then Setbacks when you look at setbacks as a whole. Even Numb Numb Juice comes off more polished.

The instrumentation, flows and delivery are way more improved on CT.

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Those are dope tracks but I can't say that because if you go back and listen to Setbacks you would remember how unpolished he was on that record and how you could hear that he was trying to find his voice imo. His verses were good but he was still trying to figure his shyt out on setbacks. I feel his better songs on this record are way better then Setbacks when you look at setbacks as a whole. Even Numb Numb Juice comes off more polished.

The instrumentation, flows and delivery are way more improved on CT.
Nah I get you, basically you mean this album sounds a lot more polished which it does, just on the music tho I’m not feeling this one as much

Guvnor

Daps
Reppin
BKLYN
Nah I get you, basically you mean this album sounds a lot more polished which it does, just on the music tho I’m not feeling this one as much
Right, he makes better songs now then he did back then imo even if not all the songs on this are his best. He is a much better artist all around and setbacks was more raw.

Nah

Sacrilegious
There He Go
Hands On The Wheel
Oxy Music
My Homie
Nightmare On Figg Street
Druggys n Hoes Again
Sexting
My Hating Joint
How We Feeling
nikkas Already Know
Blessed

Everything else is at least good, blank Face was great but still had a few wack tracks on it, Big Body is the worst Q song iv ever heard, Kanye ruined That Part and Whateverr you Want is trash.
Big Body is his worst? You're bugging lol :mjlol: You obviously didn't hear his earlier stuff back when he was repping GED. Even Setbacks has some songs worse then Big Body in fact that song To Tha Beat comes to mind.

Big Body imo was dope and was meant to be a fun track. I feel the same way about That Part and feel it's a dope record for what it is with the exception of Kanye's verse but even that part of the song is funny. However Whatever You Want is definitely the bad song on that record if you have to choose one and every great album I give room to at least have one of those. Habits probably has two of those lol.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Nah

you buggin, only song i skip on BF is overtime, shyt was a trash ass reach for another studio. big body is some real west coast bounce, they was having fun there, ye delivered a quotable, and whatever u want is some is exactly what rave/edm gangster rap would be if it were a genre...shyt make me feel trippy as fukk and that's exactly a part of who Q has been. song reminded me of this

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Big Body is his worst? You're bugging lol :mjlol: You obviously didn't hear his earlier stuff back when he was repping GED. Even Setbacks has some songs worse then Big Body in fact that song To Tha Beat comes to mind.

Big Body imo was dope and was meant to be a fun track. I feel the same way about That Part and feel it's a dope record for what it is with the exception of Kanye's verse but even that part of the song is funny. However Whatever You Want is definitely the bad song on that record if you have to choose one and every great album I give room to at least have one of those. Habits probably has two of those lol.
I’ll give you gangsta in designer of habits Lol, but I can’t fukk with big body, beat is too goofy lol, I fukked with to the beat too lol, guess we’re just dap each other up and agree to disagree, salute Q regardless

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
you buggin, only song i skip on BF is overtime, shyt was a trash ass reach for another studio. big body is some real west coast bounce, they was having fun there, ye delivered a quotable, and whatever u want is some is exactly what rave/edm gangster rap would be if it were a genre...shyt make me feel trippy as fukk and that's exactly a part of who Q has been. song reminded me of this

I fukk with Party heavy, shoulda been on an album, I also like Overtime lol, same as above, q has a lotta different styles, and everyone ain’t gonna fukk with every track, again salute to Q

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Right, he makes better songs now then he did back then imo even if not all the songs on this are his best. He is a much better artist all around and setbacks was more raw.

habits has sexting and sex drive...both were wack. edit: and gangster in designer

and you tripping saying to the beat was wack, song was amazing

Guvnor

Daps
Reppin
BKLYN
I’ll give you gangsta in designer of habits, but I can’t fukk with big body, beat is too goofy lol, I fukked with to the beat too lol, guess we’re just dap each other up and agree to disagree, salute Q regardless
Bro it's a fun record, it's supposed to be a little goofy and the groove on that record is ill. Daz and Kurupt especially did their thing with that shyt and made a funky little record out of it.

To The Beat on the other hand was trash and so was the song Sexting off Habits. Sexting aged badly even though it's a dope beat imo Q comes off corny listening to that shyt :mjlol:

There is also another song called nikkaHs Already Know Davers Flow on Habits which is trash too. Im listening back to the album right now to get some of the song titles and just like I remembered, it's two joints on this record that were skip status lol.

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Bro it's a fun record, it's supposed to be a little goofy and the groove on that record is ill. Daz and Kurupt especially did their thing with that shyt and made a funky little record out of it.

To The Beat on the other hand was trash and so was the song Sexting off Habits. Sexting aged badly even though it's a dope beat imo Q comes off corny listening to that shyt :mjlol:

There is also another song called nikkaHs Already Know Davers Flow on Habits which is trash too. Im listening back to the album right now to get some of the song titles and just like I remembered, it's two joints on this record that were skip status lol.

Fire bro lol