ScHoolboy Q - CrasH Talk (Discussion Thread)

Guvnor

Da Speculative Spectacle®
Daps
Reppin
BKLYN
It's crazy cos he had a version of Chopstix with Kendrick first which they canned for the Travis Scott version. They clearly thought they had something special with that song but they were way off.
Song just wasn't that good, no matter who they put on it.

Sure Travis was a better fit and I get why they chose to do a version with him but the song just ain't all that.

JOHN.KOOL

Manchester United/Atletico Madrid
Daps
Reppin
NULL
After listening the album all the way through twice it actually isn'd bad, not bad at all. I thought it would be trash after the singles but it isnt.

Starts off live, 'Gang Gang' and 'Tales' both go hard then the next two 'Chopstix' and 'numb numb juice'. Didn't like both songs when the singles came out but they sound better when i heard them with headphones with the whole album. All the features on the album are weak tho and 'chopstix' would be better without travis scott, the beat is good and will probably have a couple other rap nikkas jumping on this. The second half of 'Numb numb juice' is just straight trash which is a shame cause it starts off well and after a few listens that hook is addictive, '2 door coup, hoping out like jack in da box nikka im gon shoot, if this 30s all that i got nikka......'

Next two tracks both have features and are both weak, hated 'lies' in particular and on paper that should be the best with ty dolla sign and YG on it. Its also funny how this isn't one of the songs Kendrick has writing credits on cause Q's opening verse on it sounds so much like Kendrick, Q's flow on it made me instantly think of tracks like 'Big shot' Kendrick ft Travis Scott.

Then the album turns up with '5200' this track bangs, kinda undecided on 'black folk'. Its not trash definitely but it doesn't do much for me either, i'm indifferent to it. Back to the problems on the album tho with 'Floating' and 'dangerous', both no good tracks. Kid Cudi for me is in a close battle with Medium Sean for the title of most bang average rapper in existence, sean edging it just atm tho.

'Die with em' another not bad track with a decent hook, dont hate this song at all then next is 'crash' a track i didnt really like when i first heard it but listening to it with the album i actually like the track. That transition from 'die with em' to 'crash' is smooth. Crash goes in. We then have another weak featured track, all the feature tracks have questionable hooks. The beat is good tho and as is the rest of the album, the beat makes 'water' actually listenable although its a nothing track. Q's beat selection is one thing that hasn't dropped off tho.

The album ends with 'Attention' again a hard tune, a couple of the features replaced with tracks of this lane and the album would have been great. All in all its not awful. Gets a Kool rating of 62/100, comfortably Q's weakest project yet.