ScHoolboy Q - CrasH Talk (Discussion Thread)

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
songs i fux with heavy:
  • gang gang
  • tales
  • numb numb
  • black folk
  • crash
  • water
  • attention
mid
  • drunk
  • die with em
wack
  • chopstix
  • lies
  • floating
  • dangerous

so i guess the album is about 7/10, not wack, but not dope either, probably hurt by the fact there are so many short dope songs, and while i didn't expect it to be on par with blank face (that's his magnum opus), i was expecting more. this just isn't a good follow, taken alone, without his other albums in mind, it's fine, but within his discogrpahy, it's near the bottom.

blank face >= habits > oxy > crash talk > setbacks (i know a lot of people like setbacks, but it was truly hit or miss for me, Q was figuring himself out on this album, and that's cool, but it's his weakest IMO)

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
songs i fux with heavy:
  • gang gang
  • tales
  • numb numb
  • black folk
  • crash
  • water
  • attention
mid
  • drunk
  • die with em
wack
  • chopstix
  • lies
  • floating
  • dangerous

so i guess the album is about 7/10, not wack, but not dope either, probably hurt by the fact there are so many short dope songs, and while i didn't expect it to be on par with blank face (that's his magnum opus), i was expecting more. this just isn't a good follow, taken alone, without his other albums in mind, it's fine, but within his discogrpahy, it's near the bottom.

blank face >= habits > oxy > crash talk > setbacks (i know a lot of people like setbacks, but it was truly hit or miss for me, Q was figuring himself out on this album, and that's cool, but it's his weakest IMO)

Habits > BF > Oxy > Setbacks > CT imo

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Habits > BF > Oxy > Setbacks > CT imo
habits and BF are interchangeable depending on the day, but i stand by CT > SB. SB, Q was rapping on production that did nothing for him, the good songs on CT outweigh the good songs on SB, and neither are his peak lyrically, content and delivery wise

Guvnor

Da Speculative Spectacle®
Daps
Reppin
BKLYN
Habits and Contradictions still his best project btw
I like Blank Face better cause it was a bigger album then Habits if you know what I mean, it had better production and I feel lyrically he was better on it. Habits he was still kind of raw but I see why some may like it better.

habits and BF are interchangeable depending on the day, but i stand by CT > SB. SB, Q was rapping on production that did nothing for him, the good songs on CT outweigh the good songs on SB, and neither are his peak lyrically, content and delivery wise
Yeah I agree with you, CT is better then Setbacks imo. You at least got to give CT more credit then that lol.