ScHoolboy Q - CrasH Talk (Discussion Thread)

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
this is my first time hearing anything from the project. but i liked both of those joints he performed. not much of a rollout for the album tho.
:patrice:
Agreed.

Blank Face was so dope though that I'm almost glad there wasn't more of a rollout. I'd get my hopes up too much. Blank Face is one of my favorite albums of the 2010s.

Daps
Agreed.

Blank Face was so dope though that I'm almost glad there wasn't more of a rollout. I'd get my hopes up too much. Blank Face is one of my favorite albums of the 2010s.

I liked Blank Face, but didn't love it. Feel like it's gotten better over the last few years, but still don't see it as a 4 mic album.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Listened to one verse and was done. Both singles are forgettable man. Numb Numb Juice is ok but feels like it's just half the song; you know TDE gonna have somebody like Offset on the full song for the album lol. But Chopsticks is literally a Kendrick throwaway lol. Lazy ass hook and generic trap beat. Pass.

Dunno what to think brehs... :francis:

Guvnor

Da Speculative Spectacle®
Daps
Reppin
BKLYN
I liked Blank Face, but didn't love it. Feel like it's gotten better over the last few years, but still don't see it as a 4 mic album.
You're bugging man. What's not there?

You got lyricism, amazing instrumentals and a complete body of work that's dark, gritty and reflective. I feel it's one of the best gangster rap albums we received in hiphop in a long time and that's putting it up against any other album we got since then.

Daps
You're bugging man. What's not there?

You got lyricism, amazing instrumentals and a complete body of work that's dark, gritty and reflective. I feel it's one of the best gangster rap albums we received in hiphop in a long time and that's putting it up against any other album we got since then.

Hard to point to any one thing really. Certainly has real high points, but just comes off a little boring at times. May grow for me over time.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Kinda want to say 0/2...
:francis:

Numb Numb Juice isn't bad but I listened to it twice and had zero interest in hearing it again. Chopsticks...I turned it off after one verse. Hook is like a Travis stereotype.

Q said the album is dark during one of his interviews tho so I'm still looking forward to it. But these singles do nothing for me.

Daps
chopsticks is cute af. played it like 10 times yesterday lol. it feels like this album's version of "studio" or "overtime"....the mandatory sexual song. i'm sure the balance of the album gon be hard af :wow: