• Dap
Reactions: hex

Tikal

Coming thru like BLAOW
Daps
Reppin
:ahh:
The GTIS anime series is probably my favorite anime series :banderas:

The movies aren't as dope but still good.

I have no faith in this live action movie. More because it's hollywood than Scarlett playing the main

FocusedDaily

Chi-town's Hero
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South-side Chi
The Ghost in the Shell Stand Alone Complex is my GOAT series.

I know there are longer/deeper series with bigger fanboys. But I love the feel so much, I used to rock "the laughing man" as my avatar on every site/forum I belonged to back when that show was on. lol

I def feel the white washing, but I can't think of a single asian actress Hollywood would put the kind of money behind that this would require to be done right. So either we get Scarlett and 100 million budget. Or an Asian actress and less than half that $$. Right or wrong that's the business side of it for hollywood. :yeshrug:

AITheAnswerAI

Ethereous one
Supporter
Daps
Does the Asian contingent care? Should they care? Was there a big deal when M Night Shyamalan f u c k e d up ATLA? Are there no Asians that fit? Are there none interested? Are all of these question null and void because of the word "adaptation"? Are they going to stick to the script? Can't front like I'll watch. When it drops, I'll most likely go back and hit the anime in reverence.

Asians boycotted that Air Bender movie, complained and didn't support it. It flopped.

Asians also at least have their own movie studios to support. They're hip to all the Chinese movies Jackie Chan and other native celebrities make.

They're probably used to hollywood white washing their shyt: The Last Samurai, 47 Ronin etc. etc.

AITheAnswerAI

Ethereous one
Supporter
Daps
We already had a whitewashed Akira flick. It was called Chronicle.

I explained this somewhere before but I can't find it, but this is bullshyt. It's a style, the predominant style, orginating from the first major 'official' anime Astro Boy (big eyes, small nose, bright colors), which was directly inspired by another cartoon with big eyed, bright colored characters, Donald Duck. And in case you really need another hint that the character aesthetics in anime aren't based on white people, there is not a person on this planet that has natural purple, green or blue hair. Think about that.

And what was that "Astro Boy style" based off of?

willy-wonka-gene-wilder.jpg

Blackout

just your usual nerdy brotha
Daps
Explained this somewhere before but I can't find it, but this is bullshyt. It's a style, the predominant style, orginating from the first major 'official' anime Astro Boy (big eyes, small nose, bright colors), which was directly inspired by another cartoon with big eyed, bright colored characters, Donald Duck. And in case you really need another hint that the character aesthetics in anime aren't based on white people, there is not a person on this planet that has natural purple, green or blue hair. Think about that.
Yea you keep on telling yourself that delusional crap.

Its no secret that the Japanese idolized the Germans which is why their influence are in most animes with German features, German characters, German names and much more.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Yea you keep on telling yourself that

Its no secret that the Japanese idolized the Germans which is why their influence is in most animes.

The Japanese have a weird ass obsession with Germany but it's also been researched time and time again that anime/manga with a different art style sell less than anime/manga with the 'classic' style, hence why few mangaka/anime directors dare to differentiate from that style.

Blackout

just your usual nerdy brotha
Daps
The Japanese have a weird ass obsession with Germany but it's also been researched time and time again that anime/manga with a different art style sell less than anime/manga with the 'classic' style, hence why few mangaka/anime directors dare to differentiate from that style.
It's not a weird obsession. They fought side by side with Germany. Look up the history.

That alliance is why they have no issues with their characters looking white because the ones they look up to, which are the Germans, are white.

But hey you keep on thinking whatever lie Germany worshipping Asians or racist white people tell you lol.

Last edited: